Is the bass amplified over Bluetooth or wired audio for any of you?

I've noticed that Bluetooth audio and wired audio has the bass amplified in every app I've used.

Is the bass amplified over Bluetooth or wired audio for any of you?

Ethan_MS-DOS Ethan_MS-DOS
✭✭  / 
I've noticed that Bluetooth audio and wired audio has the bass amplified in every app I've used. I literally can't listen to music with my Surface Headphones with my Nokia 9 PureView without getting a headache because the bass is good in the headphones and when that's combined with the Nokia's bass amplification, it's way too much bass. The earbuds that came with the phone aren't too jarring after a while with the excessive bass. Bluetooth speakers that have good bass already are obnoxious with the Nokia's bass amplification too. Anybody else notice this? Anybody know how to turn it off? The audio is great on my old Lumia 950 XL, but I'd kinda like to enjoy my new phone 😒

Best Answer

• Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    @Ethan_MS-DOS The system equalizer is hidden. You need to have an app that can access the system equalizer. If you have spotify install, Go into settings and then select the equalizer option, It will open up the system equalizer and you can tune it there.
    I also recommend installing a music player(Google Play Music, Canaree etc) and the select that equalizer from there and tune again.

Tuning the EQ from Spotify for some reason doesn't apply the filter system-wide, While doing it from apps does.

Answers