Running the Android Q Beta 6 (4_130) and it's pretty good!

So, my phone was not doing so well and I decided to do a factory reset. Since the data was gone, I decided to try Android Q too.

Running the Android Q Beta 6 (4_130) and it's pretty good!

singhnsk singhnsk
✭✭✭✭  / 
So, my phone was not doing so well and I decided to do a factory reset. Since the data was gone, I decided to try Android Q too. I was provided with a new build by somebody (the build is not released to end users by HMD) It is based off the Android Q Beta 6 released by Google.
The build number is: WW_4_130
Android Security patch: September 5th 2019

So far I've not encountered any major issues except a few restarts on the first day. Now, I'm with an uptime of about 17 hours with a relatively good battery backup as well. So, at least no random restarts happening here anymore.

My motive of posting this is to let everybody know that HMD is constantly working on it and the build is a lot smoother, and also nearly 0 bugs. The Microphone issue was there, but I've now sorted it. VoLTE works, calls work, WiFi works, camera works, notch hide works. Overall the Beta 6 (4_130 or a newer build) when released by HMD will be worthy of using on daily drivers as well.

A lot of apps still need updates to be compatible with Android 10's new notifications management though. I'll add some sceeenshots in the next post 😊

PS: Not sharing the build here because while upgrading is easy, I believe there's no way to downgrade for users without visiting a Nokia Care. I'm not sure if the current downgrade package can work, likely not. I have no reason to try it 😎

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Good to know and looking forwards to the final release.

I always jumped on the beta bandwagon with my Nokia 8 but but after the experiences i had with that I'll give it a wide birth in future, i always found the betas to work OK but i didn't like how HMD left beta users hanging on with a beta build for months after the final OTA had been pushed.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    Good to know and looking forwards to the final release.

I always jumped on the beta bandwagon with my Nokia 8 but but after the experiences i had with that I'll give it a wide birth in future, i always found the betas to work OK but i didn't like how HMD left beta users hanging on with a beta build for months after the final OTA had been pushed.
    For that reason, I try not to take OTA updates and keep my phone on the retail update channel. So, I'm hopeful that whenever I downgrade out of beta, I'll be on the stable release. Or I'll be able to capture the OTA link and do the update without messing my update release cycle being stuck on Beta 😊 For 8.1 too didn't signup for OTA delivery.
  • MatteBlacke MatteBlacke
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:

The screenies look great! But the background for settings look a little too bluish too my eyes... :flushed:
    Can you provide .gifs of the animtions pls?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk thanks for sharing.
    "Somebody" got you the beta build... I wonder who that might be then ;)
    No, not me, just in case anyone was wondering! :D
    Thanks for sharing the screenies, it looks... almost identical to Android 9, but that's not a surprise. I can't get excited about dark theme either, that's definitely a feature that really should be further down the priority list. (although, yes I agree that on an OLED display it should improve battery life... YMMV).
    Nice to see what I won't be getting on my 8 via official channels :D
    Cheers :)
  • singhnsk said:

really nice to know Nokia finally moved the **** Chrome search bar to the bottom. does the trusted face setting work now ?
  • leucomax leucomax
    ✭✭  /  edited September 3
    singhnsk powiedział:
    Tak więc mój telefon nie radził sobie tak dobrze i postanowiłem przywrócić ustawienia fabryczne. Ponieważ dane zniknęły, postanowiłem także wypróbować system Android Q. Ktoś dostał mi nową kompilację (kompilacja nie jest udostępniana użytkownikom końcowym przez HMD). Opiera się ona na systemie Android Q Beta 6 wydanym przez Google.
    Numer kompilacji to: WW_4_130
    Aktualizacja zabezpieczeń systemu Android: 5 września 2019 r

Do tej pory nie spotkałem żadnych poważniejszych problemów poza kilkoma restartami pierwszego dnia. Teraz mam około 17 godzin nieprzerwanej pracy przy stosunkowo dobrym zasilaniu bateryjnym. Tak więc przynajmniej nie dzieje się tu przypadkowo ponowne uruchomienie.

Moim celem opublikowania tego jest powiadomienie wszystkich, że HMD ciągle nad tym pracuje, a kompilacja jest o wiele płynniejsza, a także prawie 0 błędów. Wystąpił problem z mikrofonem, ale teraz go posortowałem. VoLTE działa, działa połączenia, działa WiFi, działa kamera, działa ukrywanie wycięć. Ogólnie rzecz biorąc, wersja Beta 6 (4_130 lub nowsza wersja) wydana przez HMD będzie warta zastosowania również w codziennych sterownikach.

Jednak wiele aplikacji nadal wymaga aktualizacji, aby były zgodne z nowym zarządzaniem powiadomieniami w systemie Android 10. Dodam kilka sceehotów w następnym poście 😊

PS: Brak udostępniania kompilacji tutaj, ponieważ chociaż aktualizacja jest łatwa, uważam, że nie ma sposobu na obniżenie wersji dla użytkowników bez wizyty w Nokia Care. Nie jestem pewien, czy obecny pakiet do obniżenia wersji może działać, prawdopodobnie nie. Nie mam powodu, aby tego próbować 😎

You write that you had a problem with the microphone but you solved it. Can you tell me how you did it?
    Admittedly, you've whetted my appetite for beta 6. Thank you for posting new beta information.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    leucomax said:
    singhnsk powiedział:
    Tak więc mój telefon nie radził sobie tak dobrze i postanowiłem przywrócić ustawienia fabryczne. Ponieważ dane zniknęły, postanowiłem także wypróbować system Android Q. Ktoś dostał mi nową kompilację (kompilacja nie jest udostępniana użytkownikom końcowym przez HMD). Opiera się ona na systemie Android Q Beta 6 wydanym przez Google.
    Numer kompilacji to: WW_4_130
    Aktualizacja zabezpieczeń systemu Android: 5 września 2019 r

Do tej pory nie spotkałem żadnych poważniejszych problemów poza kilkoma restartami pierwszego dnia. Teraz mam około 17 godzin nieprzerwanej pracy przy stosunkowo dobrym zasilaniu bateryjnym. Tak więc przynajmniej nie dzieje się tu przypadkowo ponowne uruchomienie.

Moim celem opublikowania tego jest powiadomienie wszystkich, że HMD ciągle nad tym pracuje, a kompilacja jest o wiele płynniejsza, a także prawie 0 błędów. Wystąpił problem z mikrofonem, ale teraz go posortowałem. VoLTE działa, działa połączenia, działa WiFi, działa kamera, działa ukrywanie wycięć. Ogólnie rzecz biorąc, wersja Beta 6 (4_130 lub nowsza wersja) wydana przez HMD będzie warta zastosowania również w codziennych sterownikach.

Jednak wiele aplikacji nadal wymaga aktualizacji, aby były zgodne z nowym zarządzaniem powiadomieniami w systemie Android 10. Dodam kilka sceehotów w następnym poście 😊

PS: Brak udostępniania kompilacji tutaj, ponieważ chociaż aktualizacja jest łatwa, uważam, że nie ma sposobu na obniżenie wersji dla użytkowników bez wizyty w Nokia Care. Nie jestem pewien, czy obecny pakiet do obniżenia wersji może działać, prawdopodobnie nie. Nie mam powodu, aby tego próbować 😎

You write that you had a problem with the microphone but you solved it. Can you tell me how you did it?
    Admittedly, you've whetted my appetite for beta 6. Thank you for posting new beta information.

Well, somebody helped me with that. I only need to disable "OK Google". That seems to be locking the microphone, making it unavailable during calls. It all works good after disabling OK Google, at least for me.
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    really nice to know Nokia finally moved the **** Chrome search bar to the bottom. does the trusted face setting work now ?
    The search has always been at the bottom, even on Pie 🤔
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    So, my phone was not doing so well and I decided to do a factory reset. Since the data was gone, I decided to try Android Q too. I was provided with a new build by somebody (the build is not released to end users by HMD) It is based off the Android Q Beta 6 released by Google.
    The build number is: WW_4_130
    Android Security patch: September 5th 2019

So far I've not encountered any major issues except a few restarts on the first day. Now, I'm with an uptime of about 17 hours with a relatively good battery backup as well. So, at least no random restarts happening here anymore.

My motive of posting this is to let everybody know that HMD is constantly working on it and the build is a lot smoother, and also nearly 0 bugs. The Microphone issue was there, but I've now sorted it. VoLTE works, calls work, WiFi works, camera works, notch hide works. Overall the Beta 6 (4_130 or a newer build) when released by HMD will be worthy of using on daily drivers as well.

A lot of apps still need updates to be compatible with Android 10's new notifications management though. I'll add some sceeenshots in the next post 😊

PS: Not sharing the build here because while upgrading is easy, I believe there's no way to downgrade for users without visiting a Nokia Care. I'm not sure if the current downgrade package can work, likely not. I have no reason to try it 😎
    Can you provide us more screenshot of your beta.
    Request to share screenshot of, Homescreen settings, Gestures, Features Flags, Notification Panel.

Does everything works fine.
    1) Lift to Check.
    2) Ambient Display.
    3) Face Unlock.(Trusted Face.)
    4) Cast Screen.(MirrorCast)
  • sach sach
    ✭✭  / 
    GTR12 said:
    No not in developer preview beta 5
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sach said:
    GTR12 said:
    No not in developer preview beta 5
    Can you read? 
    I'm not talking about a preview. 
  • Emmanuel Ipinmoye said:

They've ironed out any quickstep launcher issues then. Good news! I hope if they are sorting out things like that then they've sorted out all the bigger issues. 
  • slrparser slrparser
    ✭✭  / 
    I also play clash Royale :open_mouth:
  • slrparser slrparser
    ✭✭  / 
    How to download the build? I want to try it
  • iyesat iyesat
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi Bro,

Does the latest update have multiple color and multiple icon shapes option under theming in developer options
  • sach sach
    ✭✭  / 
    They must rectify network disconnection and microphone issue in beta 6 those are important and minimum requirement. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    iyesat said:
    Hi Bro,

Does the latest update have multiple color and multiple icon shapes option under theming in developer options

Hi, sure, there is 😊

sach said:
    They must rectify network disconnection and microphone issue in beta 6 those are important and minimum requirement. 

I did not face any networking issues. The mic issue got solved by disabling OK Google. So, all is well here for me at least 😊
  • huynhtrong huynhtrong
    ✭✭  / 
    you can share beta 6
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    you can share beta 6
    No
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Do you know when it will be released.
  • slrparser slrparser
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    iyesat said:
    Hi Bro,

Hi, sure, there is 😊
    Does OK Google trick work in beta 5?
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Blue is my favourite colour but that blue in the UI has to go, it looks terrible.
  • slrparser slrparser
    ✭✭  / 
    Can anyone share beta 6? I want it badly
  • PrakashK PrakashK
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    iyesat said:
    Hi Bro,

Hi, sure, there is 😊

sach said:

I did not face any networking issues. The mic issue got solved by disabling OK Google. So, all is well here for me at least 😊
    Please share us your beta 6 build ,will take time stable release android 10
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No 
  • slrparser slrparser
    ✭✭  / 
    GTR12 said:
    No 
    Get lost 
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    GTR12 said:
    No 
    Get lost 
    I don't know how, I'm good at directions, and I always get found by someone. 

How is Android 10 beta 6? 😂
  • slrparser slrparser
    ✭✭  / 
    GTR12 said:
    GTR12 said:
    No 
    Get lost 
    I don't know how, I'm good at directions, and I always get found by someone. 

How is Android 10 beta 6? 😂
    What a lame joke, u small kid
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What a lame joke, u small kid
    Thanks 😊