A better way to do an AMA

Hi HMD community team,I recently saw this ask-me-anything on facebóók by Fairphone.

A better way to do an AMA

madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi HMD community team,
I recently saw this ask-me-anything on facebóók by Fairphone. I think this is a much better way to do an AMA than the way that you did it at MWC. You can still edit the video and post short clips afterwards, but this livestream with the Q&A is much more engaging and interactive.
Please consider this for next time.... maybe during IFA Berlin this weekend?!
Cheers :)

Comments

• MatteBlacke MatteBlacke ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I feel holding AMA's on reddit is much better than anything else. Facebook and the community forums as you said are some of the better ways too. :smiley:

• madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, I agree they seem to work best on Reddit. I mentioned this several times in the various AMA threads but the HMD social media team don't seem to agree. So, I thought that the Facebook method might be more interesting to them because they seem to like videos ;) and it also provides most of the good things about having an AMA on Reddit as well, so acceptable from our point of view - certainly better than the edited, over-produced videos which answered I think ~10 questions in total out of probably more than 100!
    The only downside is that it would be on Facebook, which I've been gradually trying to leave! :D
  • singhnsk singhnsk ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    We'll yes, Facebook or YouTube live stream or even Twitter is fairly good. But it will be hard to take questions in real time, I believe? Well, that'll work too, as long as they don't do some serious filtering to only choose questions which show their positive side.
    Reddit has an advantage that the high number of upvotes can really somewhat force the company to answer that tougher question too. Maybe that's why they wanna avoid? I'm sure the bootloader unlocking will be one of the first to sit at the top row 😎
  • madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes questions in realtime with a livestream are difficult, but Fairphone did it quite well - but they probably didn't have so many questions!
    Reddit does have the added benefit of upvoting. Personally I don't think that bootloader unlocking is the most important question, but I know it will be the most popular one - I am realistic.
    Anyway, who knows when HMD will do another AMA, the last one was abandoned.