Can I buy Nokia 8.1 now?

After a huge price drop on Nokia 8.1, is it okay to buy this device? Because it's almost year old device!!

Can I buy Nokia 8.1 now?

ahamedaslam ahamedaslam
✭✭  /  edited September 3
After a huge price drop on Nokia 8.1, is it okay to buy this device?
Because it's almost year old device!!
Nokia 8.1 users Please tell regarding its prons and cons..
Is there any issues??

Comments

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    7.2 is coming this month. 
  • DoctorDel DoctorDel
    ✭✭  / 
    still its worth for that money at 16k. 
    you get a good cam, also u can use Gcam.
    good processor.
    battery life is decent, you wil get a day full battery life even after heavy use.
    its just going to be 1 years, you wil get one more os update (after Android 10) and monthly security updates. 
    Only thing is there a few bugs in software, nothing else & always product your phone with a back cover ( since its slippery) 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    After a huge price drop on Nokia 8.1, is it okay to buy this device?
    Because it's almost year old device!!
    Nokia 8.1 users Please tell regarding its prons and cons..
    Is there any issues??
    Now is probably the best time to buy one if value is important, its a great price for a phone that has still got plenty of life in it. It is about to get Android 10, it should get Android 11 and its got 2 years of monthly patches still to come (although expect the final years patches to become quarterly).
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I Personally Using This Device From 8 Months , I Have No Issue At All 
    Camera is Amazing ♥️ 
    Display Is Amazing ♥️ 
    Battery is Amazing ♥️
    Performance is Amazing ♥️ 
    Looks Are Amazing ♥️ 
    Just Sound Output is Average 🙂 

I Will Definitely Prefer Nokia 8.1 In Today's Date 
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 4
    What are you still doing here? Get out there and buy it! :lol:

I have it for 6 months now and I I love it! 

Great camera with OIS (with Gcam it's even better) 
    Great screen (as far as it gets with IPS) 
    Good battery life (I'm getting over 7h SOT with 24 to 30h usage) 
    We're getting Android 10 by the end of this year and Android 11 next year. 

My only complaint would be the loudspeaker. It has decent sound but it's trying too hard to be loud. So above certain volume it will start to lose the quality. 

:) 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It is a much better phone than the Nokia 8 that i used for 18 months put it that way and yet people say the Nokia 8.1 is a step down, it really isn't believe me.
  • Rahber Ali Rahber Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's available for 14,999 INR on Flipkart today. Plus another 5% off on select credit cards. Absolute steal at that price point and would recommend it over any other phone at that price. 

Sure does **** me off though that I got it for nearly 27,000 INR barely 8 months ago. That is a massive price drop by any standards. 
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 5
    Sure does **** me off though that I got it for nearly 27,000 INR barely 8 months ago. That is a massive price drop by any standards. 
    Oh, shut up! I've got it for 430 Euros here, which converted by Google should be about 34,130 INR. And I'll be paying for it probably until August next year as I got it on credit card 'cause with my 350€ monthly income there was no way for me to buy it otherwise. :tongue:
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's available for 14,999 INR on Flipkart today. Plus another 5% off on select credit cards. Absolute steal at that price point and would recommend it over any other phone at that price. 

I paid £499 for the Nokia 8 and within a year it was £220, that is a price drop of £279 or to put it another way the price drop was the same as what the Nokia 8.1 retails for in the UK at the minute, this is just how it goes, as demand drops so does the price.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I Personally Using This Device From 8 Months , I Have No Issue At All 
    Camera is Amazing ♥️ 
    Display Is Amazing ♥️ 
    Battery is Amazing ♥️
    Performance is Amazing ♥️ 
    Looks Are Amazing ♥️ 
    Just Sound Output is Average 🙂 

I Will Definitely Prefer Nokia 8.1 In Today's Date 
    Sound as in speaker or headphones?? Because the speaker on my Nokia 8.1 sounds crisp and has a small amount of lower end. 
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have the Nokia 8.1 in steel colour and it's simply gorgeous in the hand, feels premium. Performance is great with the odd occasional stutter here and there but nothing major. Battery lasts me a day which is good enough, screen is bright, colourful and crisp, phone never heats up unless it is a very hot day but that's normal for most phones. Camera is excellent in daylight and I leave HDR on all the time, colours, dynamic range etc all excellent and no over sharpening in images. Video stability is great with great sound too. Front camera is meh not terrible but not great either. Not a patch on the old Nokia 8 excellent front camera. Signal is solid and it's an all round great phone and currently £279 in UK and will probably drop further towards Christmas season sales 
  • Mgp Mgp
    ✭✭  / 
    I bought it one week before 14999₹ , the device is super premium look and feel, camera, sound quality is super so worth of even single paise..
  • Star0shine Star0shine
    ✭✭  / 
    I Bought a Nokia 8.1 3 days back can anyone please tell. Me about what case should I buy because I've searched all hotspots in Lucknow and all I get is transparent you covers and for the tempered glass none fitted the screen exactly. 
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I Bought a Nokia 8.1 3 days back can anyone please tell. Me about what case should I buy because I've searched all hotspots in Lucknow and all I get is transparent you covers and for the tempered glass none fitted the screen exactly. 
    I Personally Use  Following Case It Protect Camera Bump , Bought Locally For ₹120 
    Pretty Good Case 

Eagle Mobile Silicone Marvel Avengers Iron Man Case for Nokia 8.1 (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07MCJKSSX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1eoDDb738YBXN
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I got the same one I've been using on couple of my previous phones - Nillkin Super Frosted Shield. It also protects the camera bump a lot. :grin:

https://nillkin.org/smartphones-accessories/nokia-phones-accessories/nokia-81-x7-accessories/nillkin-nokia-8-1-nokia-x7-frosted
  • I hope they give the ability to unlock the bootloader officially. That is my only complaint. ( not a required feature for everyone).
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I hope they give the ability to unlock the bootloader officially. That is my only complaint. ( not a required feature for everyone).

The bootloader in the current state is not even compatible with unlocking. So, even if they want to offer unlocking, the bootloader needs to be re-written, something I see nobody willing to do.

• EswarGade EswarGade
    ✭✭  / 
    <div class=" Spoiler">Any promise of TrulySecure face unlock found on Nokia 4.2,7.2,6.2 models for nokia 8.1 through an OTA Update?? </div><p>
    </p>