Introducing Nokia 7.2

Meet the all new Nokia 7.2. Unleash your creativity with the triple camera and ZEISS Optics. #GoAndCreate nokiaphon.es/Nokia7 #IFA2019 #NokiamobileLive

Introducing Nokia 7.2

HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
Staff member  / 
Meet the all new Nokia 7.2. Unleash your creativity with the triple camera and ZEISS Optics. #GoAndCreate

nokiaphon.es/Nokia7
#IFA2019 #NokiamobileLive

Comments

• nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    cant wait to try out those Uniq Bokeh Effects  <3
  • akash khamaru akash khamaru
    ✭✭  / 
    Is Nokia 7.2 can record video at 60 fps......plz inform........ this is very much need in today's market........
  • fmukbil97 fmukbil97
    ✭✭  / 
    Just WOW, the specs compared to the features and experience is just amazing, sometimes I ask myself, How on earth do you make money with these low prices?

Any way, hope this phone become a success, especially in imaging! I really wants to brag about the quality of Nokia imaging as I used to back in the days.

And just a question, Are we going to see these software improvements for Nokia 9 any time in the future? (The Camera and The ambient mode)
  • Dave123 Dave123
    ✭✭  / 

But what bother me the most is that the phones will be released by the end of September/October with Android 9 instead of 10, even though 10 has been released earlier this week. Which means, considering your 2 major updates promise, that potential buyers will just be able to get Android 11 at best, not Android 12. I hope there is an explanation for this matter.
    The product pages says "2 years of Android upgrades", I find this misleading at best. Not only is it not 2 years it's actually less than a year if the phone does not receive Android 12. They pulled this with the Nokia 8, it released in September 2017 and and the last Android version it got is from August 2018, that's 11 months. No one expects 2 years of upgrades to actually mean one year of catching up with the latest version after the phone's release. Complete non-sense.
  • BootloaderUnlockWhen BootloaderUnlockWhen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 5
    First of all I just wanna say thank you to HMD for bringing back that gorgeous SEXY Lumia-esque rear design, and the pricing doesn't seem too bad either. But I have two questions - Why the SD660? The chipset is fairly old at this point isn't it? And more importantly, why did it launch with Android 9 when 10 has already been released and already available on a few phones from other OEMs? Will it get Android 12, or will Android 11 the last upgrade for the phone?

Also, the ad is... okay, I guess. The shots were breathtaking but the render wasn't very detailed imo. It needs 100% more sexiness, something that is sorely missed from the Nokia Lumia ads of yore.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 5
    @pluckAwallflower
    Nokia Mobile IN have started showing up prices but as of now (Sep 5,2019)when i click on Buy option it redirects to Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 7.1 purchase page

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I remember the rock solid polycarbonate of Nokia Lumia phones. I hope it's same with these phones with their polymer composite. As for specs doesn't bother me as long as it performs well I just am clueless as to why Nokia often keeps going backwards with chipsets. Whatever happened to the global release of the X71 with that punch hole screen??
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please don't fall for the advertisements and reviews on YouTube. You'll regret after you get it in your hand. Same happened with me after buying 7 plus. They're looting you. How a phone be discounted by almost 40% with 8months of launch?? Think about the consumers who bought it soon after the launch. They're just taking wrong advantage of the NOKIA name. Nokia 7 plus' camera is supposed to be 16mp but every camera app expect nokia's own app shows 4mp. And the images taken by it appears it to be 4mp too. Thank google and those developers for porting google camera app otherwise it's stock camera app is useless. Just save your hard earned money. Buy oneplus or asus or redmi but not nokia. They're cheat. 
    I don't think so
  • user1520881638007 said:
    @pluckAwallflower
    Nokia Mobile IN have started showing up prices but as of now (Sep 5,2019)when i click on Buy option it redirects to Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 7.1 purchase page

Yeah I saw it too. But that won't be the price obviously lol. If it is then people have a good reason to buy these.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @pluckAwallflower
    Hope they fix this early else users starts trolling for the bug they had in web site
  • Hi @HMD_Laura,

Kindly include NFC in India and Asia, the most future tech required in a mid scale falgship like Nokia 7.2.

Please update to Snapdragon 700 series upcoming next phones.

Regards and warm Welcome,
    HMD_Global Nokia
  • Awaitng in India
  • jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭✭  / 
    We just got our prices in ireland and these are good and a good market to target is the mid range and hopefully a bigger flagship later this year ,have the rest of the news on the blog for more information
    • The Nokia 7.2 comes in Cyan Green, Charcoal and Ice, in 4GB/64GB variants, priced at RRP €269 in Three from October, and RRP €299 SIM free from Harvey Normans and Powercity.
    • The Nokia 800 Tough comes in Black Steel and Desert Sand, priced at RRP €129 SIM free from October.
    • The Nokia 2720 Flip comes in Ocean Blue, Black and Pink, priced at RRP €109 SIM free from October.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    cant wait to try out those Uniq Bokeh Effects  <3
    I hope these are rolled out to older devices as well. 😅
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Things i hope Nokia doesn't end up messing up. The camera speed,as they mentioned HDR takes upto 6 images at once. I hope it won't be slow processing like Nokia 9 was. I also hope Night Mode won't be slow either. Green colour is nice
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A snapdragon 660 for 299€ (that is ₹23000). That's very good pricing. I'm sure you will conquer the market with that price. 
    That's not Indian pricing. It is just a global avarage retail price. 
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The green color is beautiful and the main camera can easily be the best in the company's portfolio (9PV excluded). 
    Everything else is slightly forgettable. 😁
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura can I ask you something? Obviously I'm a big fan of Nokia phones I want to ask that why Nokia phones doesn't have a video pause feature like Samsung and your previous phones? Looking forward to your reply thank you.
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please don't fall for the advertisements and reviews on YouTube. You'll regret after you get it in your hand. Same happened with me after buying 7 plus. They're looting you. How a phone be discounted by almost 40% with 8months of launch?? Think about the consumers who bought it soon after the launch. They're just taking wrong advantage of the NOKIA name. Nokia 7 plus' camera is supposed to be 16mp but every camera app expect nokia's own app shows 4mp. And the images taken by it appears it to be 4mp too. Thank google and those developers for porting google camera app otherwise it's stock camera app is useless. Just save your hard earned money. Buy oneplus or asus or redmi but not nokia. They're cheat. 
    I own a Nokia 7 Plus since past more than a year. And based on my usage, which is primarily for photography and gaming, I think you have downloaded some APKs of applications which are actually paid on the app store (like Manual Camera, FV5, ProShot, Bacon, etc), because those apps do not let the user choose the maximum value for their phone camera unless a certain amount is paid for them. I recommend using Open Camera instead, which allows a range of functionality.
    I am surprised that you praised Google Camera mod, but it itself uses 4MP/5MP resolution for their front camera even when the actual megapixel count on Nokia 7 Plus is 16MP. That's only because the pixel phone do not have a 16MP camera, and these apps are merely ported ones.
    The quality of Nokia 7 Plus's camera is certainly an issue and I have been vocal about it since past 1 year and have posted a number of threads on the forum. However, the issues are in Low Light/ Night and in Edge Detection in portrait shots. Even the pro mode is not-so-much pro...
    But undoubtedly, the daylight shots are masterpiece.
    Check out some photos from Nokia 7 Plus on the World Photography Contest thread. You'll realize the potential of the camera.
    Regarding the price, I second your views. The price-to-feature ratio is unacceptable. But that's the specialty of premium brands, be it Samsung or Apple or even Nokia. They charge for the brand name.
  • Kartik Gada said:

pluckAwallflower said:
    A snapdragon 660 for 299€ (that is ₹23000). That's very good pricing. I'm sure you will conquer the market with that price. 

Doesn't make a difference. The lowest they will offer might be somewhere around ₹18k. Remember the 7.1 was introduced for ₹18k. And this 7.2 is a better phone than the 7.1. So don't keep your hopes up for a better pricing. I don't know how they are going to survive in a market saturated by money guzzling Chinese brands at this pricing.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 6
    Kartik Gada said:

pluckAwallflower said:

Doesn't make a difference. The lowest they will offer might be somewhere around ₹18k. Remember the 7.1 was introduced for ₹18k. And this 7.2 is a better phone than the 7.1. So don't keep your hopes up for a better pricing. I don't know how they are going to survive in a market saturated by money guzzling Chinese brands at this pricing.
    Yes, and 18K is still better than 23K. But yes, the choice of their processors will make it a tough sell. It would be much easy to sell them in the offline market compared to online. They have a good design, cameras and software updates as positives. Now SD660 isn't the latest but it is a capable chip. But why would one buy a phone with SD660 when Nokia itself sells Nokia 8.1 with SD710 for 16K in India. 
  • Kartik Gada said:

pluckAwallflower said:

Yes, and 18K is still better than 23K. But yes, the choice of their processors will make it a tough sell. It would be much easy to sell them in the offline market compared to online. They have a good design, cameras and software updates as positives. Now SD660 isn't the latest but it is a capable chip. But why would one buy a phone with SD660 when Nokia itself sells Nokia 8.1 with SD710 for 16K in India. 
    I fear that soon they will discontinue the Nokia 8.1 like they did with the Nokia 7 plus. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Kartik Gada said:

pluckAwallflower said:

I fear that soon they will discontinue the Nokia 8.1 like they did with the Nokia 7 plus. 
    They won't till the stocks last. And the stocks should be sold out soon. :)
  • pushap kumar pushap kumar
    ✭✭  / 
    No Indisplay finger print scanner. Weird.🤔🤔 Fast charging. No Amoled display. 
  • pushap kumar pushap kumar
    ✭✭  / 
    Bt still i fall in love with it
  • henroski henroski
    ✭✭  / 
    I got discouraged when i discovered that most nokia phones are very bad when taking photos in low light condition or at night. Even funky Chinese phones do better. HMD global has got to up it's game.