Introducing Nokia 7.2 - Page 2

The new ones now come with a dedicated night mode.😊

Introducing Nokia 7.2

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 
    henroski said:
    I got discouraged when i discovered that most nokia phones are very bad when taking photos in low light condition or at night. Even funky Chinese phones do better. HMD global has got to up it's game.
    The new ones now come with a dedicated night mode.😊
  • OM 2606 OM 2606
    ✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:
    Meet the all new Nokia 7.2. Unleash your creativity with the triple camera and ZEISS Optics. #GoAndCreate

nokiaphon.es/Nokia7
    #IFA2019 #NokiamobileLive
    Wow! I want this. Eagerly waiting for it's launch in India.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dave123 said:

But what bother me the most is that the phones will be released by the end of September/October with Android 9 instead of 10, even though 10 has been released earlier this week. Which means, considering your 2 major updates promise, that potential buyers will just be able to get Android 11 at best, not Android 12. I hope there is an explanation for this matter.
    The product pages says "2 years of Android upgrades", I find this misleading at best. Not only is it not 2 years it's actually less than a year if the phone does not receive Android 12. They pulled this with the Nokia 8, it released in September 2017 and and the last Android version it got is from August 2018, that's 11 months. No one expects 2 years of upgrades to actually mean one year of catching up with the latest version after the phone's release. Complete non-sense.
    Phones are released when they are ready it's not based on Google operating system releases.  This is not a flagship but mid range phone.  Be patient and enjoy the phone if you are going to buy.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    henroski said:
    I got discouraged when i discovered that most nokia phones are very bad when taking photos in low light condition or at night. Even funky Chinese phones do better. HMD global has got to up it's game.
    Very few phones offer good low light imaging in mid tier price range.  Of you do alot of low light pics it might be good to invest in a camera to use also.

Regards

Jason 
  • Nhập bình luận của bạnNew Nokia too bad when chin under thick. Generally eat according to China
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Looks great but the lack of Android 10 out of the box is disappointing.

Do any of the cameras have OIS?
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    petrus said:
    The Nokia 7.2 could be an interesting phone if the front display had minimal frame and used the display hole instead of the notch. :/
    You missed better CPU too. 660 is outdated now , they should have gone with 675 
    The 660 is a great chip and will handle a mid range phone very well.  I would rather see lower cost then the latest sd chip with minimal improvements you can't measure objectively 
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Muser said:

I would rather have a stable version of pie vs rushing out 10 that already is reported with tons of issues.   This also speeds up gettiing the phones released faster

Shipping with Pie doesn't guarantee that it will be stable or that the 10 upgrade will be buggy.

As a consumer it does mean these devices won't get Android 12 unless HMD makes an exception to their 2 updates rule. They also won't support Project Mainline which is supposed to help with security.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Muser said:
    jdi000 said:
    Muser said:

I would rather have a stable version of pie vs rushing out 10 that already is reported with tons of issues.   This also speeds up gettiing the phones released faster

Shipping with Pie doesn't guarantee that it will be stable or that the 10 upgrade will be buggy.

As a consumer it does mean these devices won't get Android 12 unless HMD makes an exception to their 2 updates rule. They also won't support Project Mainline which is supposed to help with security.
    If pixels are having issues with 10 that was released this week it will be weeks before Android 10 is stable let alone porting it to new phones.   The pie builds have much more testing and use so how can it not be more stable?   All these new phone will get to Android 10 just have to have a little patience.  Mainline is new to Android 10 and will need to be tested and proven out as well and OEM will have to work with Google to get onboard all of which will take time.  So all this supports releasing new phones with pie rather then send out the newest version that has not been implemented beyond pixel phones just this week.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 
    Muser said:

Nope. No OIS 
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    Looks like no nfc for 7.2 in US, India, and Latin America. I think at this price point this is a major issue.   The 4.2 has nfc but it won't be added to the 6.2 or 7.2?  
  • jdi000 jdi000
    jdi000 said:
    petrus said:
    The Nokia 7.2 could be an interesting phone if the front display had minimal frame and used the display hole instead of the notch. :/
    The 660 is a great chip and will handle a mid range phone very well.  I would rather see lower cost then the latest sd chip with minimal improvements you can't measure objectively 
    It's a good cpu but in a competitive market where u get 710 for same price. People will not prefer Nokia just for camera. 660 was launched back in 2017 December and now it's 2019. So they should have upgraded which would have increased the sale.

If cost with newest chip is your desire that great.  But I prefer the clean android interface, better design, updated phones from Nokia! vs whoever.  I don't understand what the latest chip does in performance that is so noticeable or desirable. I am sure an analysis was done to balance profit / sales, as companies need to be profitable. So I doubt by having the latest chip   would make  that  much  difference the 660 chip, as it performs very well and will for 18-30 months someone will actually use this phone.
  • Nokia 7.2 is perfect in every direction but processor should have been from Snapdragon 700 series
  • New Nokia too bad when chin under thick. Generally eat according to China

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    What Nokia needs to do is optimization of the software, the chip will be irrelevant if they can optimise the software well. But that's not one of Nokia's good points, they still seem quite inexperienced when it comes to software optimization. Motorola does stock Android better 
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    petrus said:
    It's a good cpu but in a competitive market where u get 710 for same price. People will not prefer Nokia just for camera. 660 was launched back in 2017 December and now it's 2019. So they should have upgraded which would have increased the sale.

If cost with newest chip is your desire that great.  But I prefer the clean android interface, better design, updated phones from Nokia! vs whoever.  I don't understand what the latest chip does in performance that is so noticeable or desirable. I am sure an analysis was done to balance profit / sales, as companies need to be profitable. So I doubt by having the latest chip   would make  that  much  difference the 660 chip, as it performs very well and will for 18-30 months someone will actually use this phone.
    660 is going too complete 2 years in December 2019, so basically u using old hardware for at least 2 more years which can ruin the experience as new apps will have higher requirements.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    petrus said:

Always having latest software, hmm 🤔 Nokia not always the best as they seem to make out. My friends Galaxy Note 10 Plus has September security patch already and my Nokia 8.1 hasn't 🤷‍♂️
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The 7.1 with the 636 runs very smooth and is well optimized great battery life and runs very smooth with pie.  It's done well 
    seanetta said:
    What Nokia needs to do is optimization of the software, the chip will be irrelevant if they can optimise the software well. But that's not one of Nokia's good points, they still seem quite inexperienced when it comes to software optimization. Motorola does stock Android better 
    It stopped using motorola because they don't give updates. Even if they give updates they gave 32 bit Oreo in g5s+ after 1½ years, which is useless.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    petrus said:

Always having latest software, hmm 🤔 Nokia not always the best as they seem to make out. My friends Galaxy Note 10 Plus has September security patch already and my Nokia 8.1 hasn't 🤷‍♂️
    Note 10 is a flagship costing 1200 dollars.  Nokia is far and away better then Samsung at providing updates to their entire portfolio 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    The 7.1 with the 636 runs very smooth and is well optimized great battery life and runs very smooth with pie.  It's done well 
    Try playing pubg, it will lag
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    petrus said:

Because u will get Q update at the end of this month.
    Note 10 won't
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Try playing pubg, it will lag
    Sorry don't play games on the phone.   Better to play games on an Xbox or similar device.  Probably need a flagship device to play graphic games at highest frane rates.   Email, watching media playing music , texting , reading books magazines, photos ,  web browsing all work great on mid level chips like.636 or 660