Introducing Nokia 7.2 - Page 3

Phones are to designed in such a way that it fulfills everyone's need. Many are there who play games on phones.

Introducing Nokia 7.2

Comments

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    The 7.1 with the 636 runs very smooth and is well optimized great battery life and runs very smooth with pie.  It's done well 
    Try playing pubg, it will lag
    Sorry don't play games on the phone.   Better to play games on an Xbox or similar device.  Probably need a flagship device to play graphic games at highest frane rates.   Email, watching media playing music , texting , reading books magazines, photos ,  web browsing all work great on mid level chips like.636 or 660

Phones are to designed in such a way that it fulfills everyone's need. Many are there who play games on phones. Since 660 is old now new games will not be a piece of cake for 660 to handle.
  • thanoofnaina thanoofnaina
    ✭✭✭  / 
    cant wait to try out those Uniq Bokeh Effects  <3
    I hope these are rolled out to older devices as well. 😅
    hope so🤲🤲
    7.2 is Camera Centric Phone MidRange Phone , So Gaming Will Not Be First Priority For This 
    I agree but still new chipset could have provided better image processing  ,better resolution support & more features which can be added via OTA.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    7.2 is Camera Centric Phone MidRange Phone , So Gaming Will Not Be First Priority For This 
    I agree but still new chipset could have provided better image processing and more features in future which caan be given by OTA
    Is the newest chip worth an extra cost to the phone?  It probably raises the price 100 euro?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    I agree but still new chipset could have provided better image processing and more features in future which caan be given by OTA
    Is the newest chip worth an extra cost to the phone?  It probably raises the price 100 euro?
    They are just using ther old stock of 660. For the price they are charging they should have given newer chipset.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    They are just using ther old stock of 660. For the price they are charging they should have given newer chipset.
    Caompare it to similarly priced Samsungs and LG's. I like 7.2 for different reasons and one of those is the design. It kill every phone in this segment when it comes to the design. 😁
    I agree , but the phone doesn't check all the boxes.
    In the end people will complain that phone is lagging after few months.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited September 2019
    jdi000 said:
    Caompare it to similarly priced Samsungs and LG's. I like 7.2 for different reasons and one of those is the design. It kill every phone in this segment when it comes to the design. 😁
    Many even complain that their flagships are lagging. I haven't faced any lags on my 7 plus till now. Yes, faced many bugs which are common on Android one devices but no lags. SD660 is actually a nice processor and will suffice the needs of most users. 

This will be sold in offline so the target market is different too. People can compare this to Mi or any other new brands but these brands have a huge backing or a different way to earn from their devices and hence they can sell them cheap. 
    Positives of this phone are:
    Design
    Display 
    Stock android (depends upon the user) 
    Cameras
    Audio recording 
    Regular updates
    Nokia brand
    SD660 is an old chip but they have used it and can't replace it with a new one now. So it is what it is. 😅
    Super User  / 
    jdi000 said:
    This is possible. But the Indian price hasn't been released yet so let's wait for a few more days. 😊
    If 7.2 comes under 18k it would sell well in the offline. It definitely has that wow factor to it to attract buyers., 😍
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    You Are Talking About Chipset , Other Companies Still Running 2 year old OS for The Flagship Price
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Not The Question if Extra money for latest processor , HMD is just Playing Safe By Providing Very Balanced Processor SD 660 , and Since 7.2 is Camera Centric Phone 
    HMD Has Given Latest Tech In Camera Which Can Be Run Very Well By SD660.
    jdi000 said:
    Many even complain that their flagships are lagging. I haven't faced any lags on my 7 plus till now. Yes, faced many bugs which are common on Android one devices but no lags. SD660 is actually a nice processor and will suffice the needs of most users. 

This will be sold in offline so the target market is different too. People can compare this to Mi or any other new brands but these brands have a huge backing or a different way to earn from their devices and hence they can sell them cheap. 
    Design
    Display 
    Cameras
    Audio recording 
    Regular updates
    Nokia brand
    SD660 is an old chip but they have used it and can't replace it with a new one now. So it is what it is. 😅
    I'm saying that in future people will complain about lag, till then ur 7+ will be 2 years old (u set for new phone purchase)
     Forgot to mention cons 😂 ?
    Eg : bugged pro mode remember ?
    jdi000 said:
    Not The Question if Extra money for latest processor , HMD is just Playing Safe By Providing Very Balanced Processor SD 660 , and Since 7.2 is Camera Centric Phone 
    HMD Has Given Latest Tech In Camera Which Can Be Run Very Well By SD660.
    660 is a good processor but hmd just did cost cutting here. The are simply clearing their 660 stock. And everyone know that they will charge at least 20k. 660 at 20k is hard to accept, 675 or even 710 would have done that (8.1 priced reduced to 15k , because of poor sales due to bad pricing). Last but not the least, Nokia phones are android one so they are to be updated regularly & are not like the phones which didn't get update from 2 years
    Super User  / 
    jdi000 said:

Design
    Display 
    Cameras
    Audio recording 
    Regular updates
    Nokia brand
    I'm saying that in future people will complain about lag, till then ur 7+ will be 2 years old (u set for new phone purchase)
     Forgot to mention cons 😂 ?
    Eg : bugged pro mode remember ?
    I wasn't trying to show the pros and cons. I just tried to show what the good things about this phone are with conditions for the android one and sd 660 which I mentioned.
    Coming to bugs, no one has used this phone to show the bugs so we can't comment on that. The camera UI of new devices is changed so we will have to wait to see how it performs. :)
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    I think, HMD actually assumed that Nokia 7 Plus will make great sales. So they purchased SD660 in bulk so as to fit it in the phones as they thought the phone was revolutionary and will have a huge demand.
    But unfortunately, 7 Plus didn't made any remarkable impact to last and failed to grab attention, especially because of its pricing (people like me spent 26000 for a phone which has very limited functions when compared to similar phone with half of its price). Within less than 1 year, the phone was discontinued and nowhere to be seen. So just to use up the stock of SD660 lying in their inventory, they have to give this processor in the new phones as well.
    Although, there is absolutely no issues with SD660, and I have been using it since May 2018 and have been playing games like PUBG, FIFA, PES, Asphalt 8 and 9, and several others. Minor stutters are present, but they are most probably because of software issues. 
    So I believe, hardware had been fine if the pricing was below Rs.20000 for 7.2...

But the point is, if anybody from Nokia/ HMD is reading this... Then please give a Camera update for Nokia 7 Plus. I
  • Dave123 Dave123
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:

But what bother me the most is that the phones will be released by the end of September/October with Android 9 instead of 10, even though 10 has been released earlier this week. Which means, considering your 2 major updates promise, that potential buyers will just be able to get Android 11 at best, not Android 12. I hope there is an explanation for this matter.
    The product pages says "2 years of Android upgrades", I find this misleading at best. Not only is it not 2 years it's actually less than a year if the phone does not receive Android 12. They pulled this with the Nokia 8, it released in September 2017 and and the last Android version it got is from August 2018, that's 11 months. No one expects 2 years of upgrades to actually mean one year of catching up with the latest version after the phone's release. Complete non-sense.
    Phones are released when they are ready it's not based on Google operating system releases.  This is not a flagship but mid range phone.  Be patient and enjoy the phone if you are going to buy.
    I don't care how they time their releases, they shouldn't advertise 2 years of OS upgrades if they're gonna do the same as with the Nokia 8, which was a flagship. The Pixel 3a has OLED, 670 and actual HDR support, I don't have to guess the actual support window before buying either. An OS upgrade almost two years from now makes a big difference in value for some, to expect some clarity on the support window is not unreasonable.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dave123 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:

But what bother me the most is that the phones will be released by the end of September/October with Android 9 instead of 10, even though 10 has been released earlier this week. Which means, considering your 2 major updates promise, that potential buyers will just be able to get Android 11 at best, not Android 12. I hope there is an explanation for this matter.
    The product pages says "2 years of Android upgrades", I find this misleading at best. Not only is it not 2 years it's actually less than a year if the phone does not receive Android 12. They pulled this with the Nokia 8, it released in September 2017 and and the last Android version it got is from August 2018, that's 11 months. No one expects 2 years of upgrades to actually mean one year of catching up with the latest version after the phone's release. Complete non-sense.
    Phones are released when they are ready it's not based on Google operating system releases.  This is not a flagship but mid range phone.  Be patient and enjoy the phone if you are going to buy.
    I don't care how they time their releases, they shouldn't advertise 2 years of OS upgrades if they're gonna do the same as with the Nokia 8, which was mostly a flagship phone. An OS upgrade almost two years from now makes a big difference in value for some.
    Do we have confirmation from hmd as to what os version the 6.2 or 7.2 will actually launch with.  As with all these releases a lot of misinformation gets published in the big rush to put news out fast, but you see very little of outlets actually correcting mistakes or separating opinion from facts.
    Super User  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:

I don't care how they time their releases, they shouldn't advertise 2 years of OS upgrades if they're gonna do the same as with the Nokia 8, which was mostly a flagship phone. An OS upgrade almost two years from now makes a big difference in value for some.
    Do we have confirmation from hmd as to what os version the 6.2 or 7.2 will actually launch with.  As with all these releases a lot of misinformation gets published in the big rush to put news out fast, but you see very little of outlets actually correcting mistakes or separating opinion from facts.
    Android Pie
  • praveenp praveenp
    660 is a good processor but hmd just did cost cutting here. The are simply clearing their 660 stock. And everyone know that they will charge at least 20k. 660 at 20k is hard to accept, 675 or even 710 would have done that (8.1 priced reduced to 15k , because of poor sales due to bad pricing). Last but not the least, Nokia phones are android one so they are to be updated regularly & are not like the phones which didn't get update from 2 years
    HMD Nokia is Not Selling Processors , They Are Selling Real Life Android Experience With Latest Software Update ,3 Years Of Security Updates Strong Build Quality And Much More...

You Accepted Redmi7s which launched 2-3 months ago with same processor without Android one, Without PureDisplay RealTime HDR Conversion Without Zeiss Lens With So Many Drawbacks For 12k 

First of all, I'm least interested in Redmi. You can consult with Kartik bhaiya that in a convo with him on telegram , I did criticized Redmi for 720p display in Mi A3. 
    HMD IS SELLING PHONES WITH POOR HARDWARE QUALITY CHECK TOO.
    SOFTWARE OPTIMISATION IS NOT UPTO THE MARK.

NOKIA 7+ being the most affected phone ( usb c port failure , display freezing , screen flickering etc)  AND BUGS WITH EACH UPDATE.

I'm lucky that I only have screen flickering issue. ( EVERY 7+   has this )
    NOKIA has provided me a good experience and my next phone will be a nokia too if they fix these minor issues.
    If they price 7.2 for 17k (won't be less than 20k) I would have accepted whole heartedly ( because of build , display & camera )
    I don't know what are evenwell apps doing in android one  :D

Giving ANDROID ONE is upto the oem, Android one is not for everyone ( updates are due too this only & that is the advantage of android one). NOKIA  never provided Pure view display for 12k

Zeiss lens is a plus point but what's the use of having it if u need to shift to gcam for full utilisation of hardware.

OVER ALL NOKIA IS BETTER THAN MOST OF THE BRANDS but in India people don't go after brands. Cpu (spec sheet) is one of the top priority followed by camera & software.

I think I am among the few ones who look for brand over specs, keeping aside a bit higher price...  :D

I do not regret spending a few extra bucks. I think that's the benefit of going over brand rather than specs and all. We may think the phone is costing too much, but we get the most out of it.

One of my friends purchased some Asus phone 4-5 months back at around Rs. 12-13k, having similar hardware to Nokia 7 Plus, with regular updates promise from the manufacturer. And now he is regretting his purchase. Absolutely rubbish phone. Screen freeze, FP scanner fails, a lot of software bugs, and many other problems. The updates themselves have a lot of bugs.
    Even if we get the updates a bit late on Nokia phones, they are thoroughly tested, and not released just for the sake of releasing.

By the way, I know it will sound foolish to say the same thing again and again...
    If anybody from Nokia/ HMD is reading this... Then please give a Camera update for Nokia 7 Plus.  :D 
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:

The demo devices came with pie but the company has said it will launch with Android 10 for consumers with support upto Android 12. I think it was a video from Android authority, a reliable source in my opinion.
  • Stunnig smartphone by nokia..... Nokia is like apple devices. Provides only what device need for safety and security. Great brand. 
  • aplus00 aplus00
    ✭✭  / 
    SD 660 still good with today's game even for upcoming games. Because games developer always try to make their games playable to every phones & chips. If games Dev make their games only for latest chip they will lose their player. 
    The one thing that nokia should fix (especially in my country) is how they market their phones, it is very difficult to find nokia phones in general offline store.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    aplus00 said:
    SD 660 still good with today's game even for upcoming games. Because games developer always try to make their games playable to every phones & chips. If games Dev make their games only for latest chip they will lose their player. 
    The one thing that nokia should fix (especially in my country) is how they market their phones, it is very difficult to find nokia phones in general offline store.
    Low fps destroys the experience and in future 660 will give u low fps. (660 was good till 2018 released mid-ranger)
    Super User  / 
    aplus00 said:
    Low fps destroys the experience and in future 660 will give u low fps. (660 was good till 2018 released mid-ranger)
    I don't know why will it suddenly start giving low fps on the same games just because it is a few years old. Yes some new titles that will require even more powerful gpu will give less fps but the phone is not marketed as a gaming device. It is more of a camera centric phone and i think it will deliver on it. 🙂