Introducing Nokia 7.2 - Page 4

For example , pubg is adding Erangle 2.0 which much better graphics so the requirements will increase

Introducing Nokia 7.2

Comments

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    aplus00 said:
    SD 660 still good with today's game even for upcoming games. Because games developer always try to make their games playable to every phones & chips. If games Dev make their games only for latest chip they will lose their player. 
    The one thing that nokia should fix (especially in my country) is how they market their phones, it is very difficult to find nokia phones in general offline store.
    Low fps destroys the experience and in future 660 will give u low fps. (660 was good till 2018 released mid-ranger)
    I don't know why will it suddenly start giving low fps on the same games just because it is a few years old. Yes some new titles that will require even more powerful gpu will give less fps but the phone is not marketed as a gaming device. It is more of a camera centric phone and i think it will deliver on it. 🙂
    For example , pubg is adding Erangle 2.0 which much better graphics so the requirements will increase
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 
    aplus00 said:
    SD 660 still good with today's game even for upcoming games. Because games developer always try to make their games playable to every phones & chips. If games Dev make their games only for latest chip they will lose their player. 
    The one thing that nokia should fix (especially in my country) is how they market their phones, it is very difficult to find nokia phones in general offline store.
    Low fps destroys the experience and in future 660 will give u low fps. (660 was good till 2018 released mid-ranger)
    I don't know why will it suddenly start giving low fps on the same games just because it is a few years old. Yes some new titles that will require even more powerful gpu will give less fps but the phone is not marketed as a gaming device. It is more of a camera centric phone and i think it will deliver on it. 🙂
    For example , pubg is adding wrangle 2.0 which much better graphics so the requirements will increase
    Yeah on this I agree. The updates will make games more resource hungry. But SD660 should suffice most users. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    aplus00 said:
    For example , pubg is adding wrangle 2.0 which much better graphics so the requirements will increase
    Yeah on this I agree. The updates will make games more resource hungry. But SD660 should suffice most users. 
    It will satisfy but fps will reduce and you will feel that after the update pubg is lagging
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    The demo devices came with pie but the company has said it will launch with Android 10 for consumers with support upto Android 12. I think it was a video from Android authority, a reliable source in my opinion.
    Hello @Tejas01 that's very interesting please can you provide a link to where you read or heard this? Without a reference to an HMD person saying it then we've got no proof to roll up and hit HMD on the head with! :D
  • SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Dave123 said:

But what bother me the most is that the phones will be released by the end of September/October with Android 9 instead of 10, even though 10 has been released earlier this week. Which means, considering your 2 major updates promise, that potential buyers will just be able to get Android 11 at best, not Android 12. I hope there is an explanation for this matter.
    The product pages says "2 years of Android upgrades", I find this misleading at best. Not only is it not 2 years it's actually less than a year if the phone does not receive Android 12. They pulled this with the Nokia 8, it released in September 2017 and and the last Android version it got is from August 2018, that's 11 months. No one expects 2 years of upgrades to actually mean one year of catching up with the latest version after the phone's release. Complete non-sense.
    Phones are released when they are ready it's not based on Google operating system releases.  This is not a flagship but mid range phone.  Be patient and enjoy the phone if you are going to buy.
    I don't care how they time their releases, they shouldn't advertise 2 years of OS upgrades if they're gonna do the same as with the Nokia 8, which was mostly a flagship phone. An OS upgrade almost two years from now makes a big difference in value for some.
    Do we have confirmation from hmd as to what os version the 6.2 or 7.2 will actually launch with.  As with all these releases a lot of misinformation gets published in the big rush to put news out fast, but you see very little of outlets actually correcting mistakes or separating opinion from facts.
    The demo devices came with pie but the company has said it will launch with Android 10 for consumers with support upto Android 12. I think it was a video from Android authority, a reliable source in my opinion.
    I highly doubt that. On the official site, all they say is it's "Ready for Android 10 and beyond." Also I couldn't find the supposed claim from Android Authority, all I could find was that it will be one of the first to receive the upgrade.
    Super User  / 
    madbilly said:
    Tejas01 said:
    Hello @Tejas01 that's very interesting please can you provide a link to where you read or heard this? Without a reference to an HMD person saying it then we've got no proof to roll up and hit HMD on the head with! :D
    I think it was some misunderstanding on his side. If they had to launch it with Q they would have shown the demo units with Q running on them. Also, HMD would have gone crazy on social media claiming they are the first to launch devices running on Q. 😁
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    madbilly said:
    Tejas01 said:
    I think it was some misunderstanding on his side. If they had to launch it with Q they would have shown the demo units with Q running on them. Also, HMD would have gone crazy on social media claiming they are the first to launch devices running on Q. 😁
    There was no misunderstanding here.. There is a reason this information caught my eye just like everyone else over here. 
    But I am afraid I cannot recall the link or website which had mentioned it( I, for sure, thought Android authority had mentioned in their brief review. Someone just said it's not mentioned ). There were so many reviews on YouTube and other links its hard to keep a tab on.

But yes, to clarify the information was given by the reviewers so your best bet would be to wait for its commercial launch or ask Juho.
    Take my word with a pinch of salt..🙂

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Tejas01 said:
    I am afraid @madbilly I am not able to recall the exact video or review. Please refer my above post.

Since searching Google didn't reveal any result to back my claim and Nokia's website says it would be launched with Pie, the best source of information would be to ask your nearest Nokia retail centre or someone who is working in HMD.

Super User  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    madbilly said:
    Tejas01 said:
    I am afraid @madbilly I am not able to recall the exact video or review. Please refer my above post.

Since searching Google didn't reveal any result to back my claim and Nokia's website says it would be launched with Pie, the best source of information would be to ask your nearest Nokia retail centre or someone who is working in HMD.

There's no need to ask it to anyone. As I already said, HMD would have demo devices running on Android 10 if the phone had to come with Android 10. They clearly launched it running on Pie so it is just the end of discussion. 🙂

The phone is shipping with Pie and and will get a major android upgrades. 😁
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    madbilly said:
    Tejas01 said:

There's no need to ask it to anyone. As I already said, HMD would have demo devices running on Android 10 if the phone had to come with Android 10. They clearly launched it running on Pie so it is just the end of discussion. 🙂

The phone is shipping with Pie and and will get a major android upgrades. 😁
    Yup , 7.2 & 6.2 are shipping with pie
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Looks like no nfc for 7.2 in US, India, and Latin America. I think at this price point this is a major issue.   The 4.2 has nfc but it won't be added to the 6.2 or 7.2?  

Same for Nokia 4.2. It doesn't have NFC in India.
    jdi000 said:
    7.2 is Camera Centric Phone MidRange Phone , So Gaming Will Not Be First Priority For This 
    I agree but still new chipset could have provided better image processing and more features in future which caan be given by OTA
    Is the newest chip worth an extra cost to the phone?  It probably raises the price 100 euro?
    They are just using ther old stock of 660. For the price they are charging they should have given newer chipset.
    You Are Talking About Chipset , Other Companies Still Running 2 year old OS for The Flagship Price
    TBH, their OS is still more feature enriched than the stock Android. Sure, not the latest Android version, but it can certainly do pretty much everything that new Android can. Anyhow, new Android has been nothing more than Adaptive this and that for 2 years now.
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Hi @Tejas01 I think I know what you might have read. I read somewhere - maybe Android Authority - that Android Q may be available as a "day one" upgrade... which could be misinterpreted as it being released with Android Q.
    Cheers :)
  • Damn, I wanted that NFC.
    Also the fact that they are launching this with Pie, will we get Android 12?? Considering they say "2 years of Android upgrades".🤔
    HMD needs to clarify on this.
  • Will still go for the Nokia x71 (I love the in-hole camera), I can't move from notch (Nokia 6.1 plus) to notch (Nokia 7.2). 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Damn, I wanted that NFC.
    Also the fact that they are launching this with Pie, will we get Android 12?? Considering they say "2 years of Android upgrades".🤔
    HMD needs to clarify on this.

This is nice too. It's better of hmd if they release detailed timelines as to what will be delivered to which phones. We know a tentative timeline when the older phones will get Android 10, but nothing about when these new ones will get 10. They should essentially be sold with Android 10. Or the first update that the device receives when turned on should be Android 10. And Android 10 should not be considered as an upgrade to the device. It should get 11 and 12.
    Super User  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Or the first update that the device receives when turned on should be Android 10. And Android 10 should not be considered as an upgrade to the device. It should get 11 and 12.
    That's the reason I don't think the phone will get Android 10 in the coming days. The phone will receive Android 10 but in the coming months. Even Nokia 2.2 is marketed as Android 10 ready but the update will be coming next year for this device. :)
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Or the first update that the device receives when turned on should be Android 10. And Android 10 should not be considered as an upgrade to the device. It should get 11 and 12.
    That's the reason I don't think the phone will get Android 10 in the coming days. The phone will receive Android 10 but in the coming months. Even Nokia 2.2 is marketed as Android 10 ready but the update will be coming next year for this device. :)

But when last year's phones will be updated first, this won't do enough justice to the fresh new buyers. I guess Android 10 for these news phones must be all ready for rollout. And these can't be compared to 2.2. That's a lower end device, this one is their latest lower mid range.
    Super User  /  edited September 2019
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:

But when last year's phones will be updated first, this won't do enough justice to the fresh new buyers. I guess Android 10 for these news phones must be all ready for rollout. And these can't be compared to 2.2. That's a lower end device, this one is their latest lower mid range.
    These phones have just went on pre-orders in some countries and will go on sale from next month onwards. So, not many users would be waiting for 10 to arrive on these phones compared to other devices. The user base will be small but Android 10 for Nokia 6.2 and 7.2 will be coming before the year ends unlike 2.2 which will be receiving it next year. 

Android Q build for Nokia 7.1 has already been spotted. So, I feel all SD6xx devices will start receiving the update one after another starting from December onwards. 
  • When nokia 7.2 will be available in store in India.. I'm planning to buy new phone.. But my last experience wit Nokia 7.1 was not tht good as it has heating problem but still I'm nokia fan so I wud like to buy 7.2... Need to know the exact date of release.. 
    Super User  / 
    When nokia 7.2 will be available in store in India.. I'm planning to buy new phone.. But my last experience wit Nokia 7.1 was not tht good as it has heating problem but still I'm nokia fan so I wud like to buy 7.2... Need to know the exact date of release.. 
    The exact date hasn't been announced yet. They will be holding a launch event in India soon where the price along with the exact date of sale will be announced. 🙂
  • krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I was amazed till now with my Nokia 7 Plus with ZEISS 12.2MP main camera but now Nokia upgraded with 48MP main camera with different Bokeh effects and that too of ZEISS optics. Means photographs will be full of details.
     It was a challenge for photographers to take quality photos in low light conditions. I haven't thought that approx 20 photographs can be taken by a pocket size instrument to create a stunning HDR photograph with less noise.
    Newly added Ultra wide camera, pure display always on HDR, new design. Means life is literally LIT on 7.2.
  • @iamkrishna08 Are you getting paid to write this? It seems like a sponsored comment. 😅😅
  • Dual SIM: is it a Dual-Standby or a Dual-Active ?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @iamkrishna08 Are you getting paid to write this? It seems like a sponsored comment. 😅😅
    Yes but from my bottom of the heart.🙂
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I was amazed till now with my Nokia 7 Plus with ZEISS 12.2MP main camera but now Nokia upgraded with 48MP main camera with different Bokeh effects and that too of ZEISS optics. Means photographs will be full of details.
     It was a challenge for photographers to take quality photos in low light conditions. I haven't thought that approx 20 photographs can be taken by a pocket size instrument to create a stunning HDR photograph with less noise.
    Newly added Ultra wide camera, pure display always on HDR, new design. Means life is literally LIT on 7.2.
    Nokia 7+ camera performs when u use gcam
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A snapdragon 660 for 299€ (that is ₹23000). That's very good pricing. I'm sure you will conquer the market with that price. 
    Xiaomi gave snapdragon 660 in Rs 10000. :D:D
    Making phones at a loss and flooding the market is not a sustainable business plan.  
    Super User  /  edited September 2019
    henroski said:
    I got discouraged when i discovered that most nokia phones are very bad when taking photos in low light condition or at night. Even funky Chinese phones do better. HMD global has got to up it's game.
    The new ones now come with a dedicated night mode.😊
    What about old ones? :D:D
    The way you are replying to everyone I don't think I would want to talk to you or discuss anything with you. :)
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    petrus said:
    The Nokia 7.2 could be an interesting phone if the front display had minimal frame and used the display hole instead of the notch. :/
    You missed better CPU too. 660 is outdated now , they should have gone with 675 
    The 660 is a great chip and will handle a mid range phone very well.  I would rather see lower cost then the latest sd chip with minimal improvements you can't measure objectively 
    It's a good cpu but in a competitive market where u get 710 for same price. People will not prefer Nokia just for camera. 660 was launched back in 2017 December and now it's 2019. So they should have upgraded which would have increased the sale.

If cost with newest chip is your desire that great.  But I prefer the clean android interface, better design, updated phones from Nokia! vs whoever.  I don't understand what the latest chip does in performance that is so noticeable or desirable. I am sure an analysis was done to balance profit / sales, as companies need to be profitable. So I doubt by having the latest chip   would make  that  much  difference the 660 chip, as it performs very well and will for 18-30 months someone will actually use this phone.
    I was of your opinion, I preferred clean android interface. But after using nokia 7.1, I started hating clean android interface.

Now I am back to color OS things I got back missing on clean android interface.

1. I can lock app without downloading app lock.
    2. I can remove google search from home screen without installing another launcher.
    3. I got pause button for video recording.
    4. I got better processor for less price.
    5. I got night mode.
    6. I got navigation gestures with android pie.
    7. I got bigger battery with 2 days normal use.
    8. I got screen protector and silicon case in the box.
    9. I got rid of low call volume issue of google phone app.
    10. I got rid of ambient display. Screen wake up on notification is way better than ambient display.
    I would suggest you get the 7.2 as it will be a great phone for years to come.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A snapdragon 660 for 299€ (that is ₹23000). That's very good pricing. I'm sure you will conquer the market with that price. 
    Xiaomi gave snapdragon 660 in Rs 10000. :D:D
    Nokia smartphone customers always choose quality over quantity. And I damn sure that they don't give ZEISS optics, there are lot of bugs in xiaomi phone, no upgrades, no patches.
    Last but not least why to buy from China?