Introducing Nokia 7.2 - Page 5

ZEISS optics means lens and not the sensor. The sensor is a different thing and the lens sits on top of the sensor. ZEISS makes lenses not sensors.

Introducing Nokia 7.2

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited September 2019
    Do you have any proof that ZEISS optics are better than sony sensor or samsung sensor?
    ZEISS optics means lens and not the sensor. The sensor is a different thing and the lens sits on top of the sensor. ZEISS makes lenses not sensors.
  • henroski said:
    I got discouraged when i discovered that most nokia phones are very bad when taking photos in low light condition or at night. Even funky Chinese phones do better. HMD global has got to up it's game.
    The new ones now come with a dedicated night mode.😊
    What about old ones? :D:D
    The way you are replying to everyone I don't think I would want to talk to you or discuss anything with you. :)
    Don't say that, man. I think he is just excited. ಠ︵ಠ
    Super User  / 
    Do you have any proof that ZEISS optics are better than sony sensor or samsung sensor?
    My mistake, added sensor I meant lens only.
    You didn't just add sensor instead of lens. You specified. You said Sony sensor or Samsung sensor. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Whether we agree or disagree with what @Himanshu1712 is saying about other brands, it's important we don't get stuck in an "I :heart: Nokia" bubble and don't see what other devices can offer. We know this well because we already discuss how we'd like HMD to improve the software experience - if they did that then together with the good quality hardware I think most arguments in favour of other brands would be addressed (except the price/specs argument, but that is indirectly addressed by the quality argument... until these cheaper brands manage to beat HMD on hardware quality as well as software and price/specs).
    I think I tend to agree with the sentiment. I struggle to get excited about the 7.2, it's quite derivative in all ways (even the design, which is derived from Lumia). I think the 6.2 is more interesting for the price and I look forward to seeing what the 5.2 is like!
    And about the way people write... maybe it's intended to be provocative or maybe it's just because someone doesn't have as good a way of writing in English as others, but either way it's better not to react negatively.
    Cheers :)
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A snapdragon 660 for 299€ (that is ₹23000). That's very good pricing. I'm sure you will conquer the market with that price. 
    Xiaomi gave snapdragon 660 in Rs 10000. :D:D
    Nokia smartphone customers always choose quality over quantity. And I damn sure that they don't give ZEISS optics, there are lot of bugs in xiaomi phone, no upgrades, no patches.
    Last but not least why to buy from China? 
    Nokia 7+ is also partially chinise (FIH). Don't blind support any brand. 660 for 20k in 2019 is hard to except just because u get a better camera and design.(Android one is Nokia's choice). Some where they do mess up, either in pricing mainly or specs partially.
    Same for Mi 720p display for 14k 😂
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A snapdragon 660 for 299€ (that is ₹23000). That's very good pricing. I'm sure you will conquer the market with that price. 
    Nokia smartphone customers always choose quality over quantity. And I damn sure that they don't give ZEISS optics, there are lot of bugs in xiaomi phone, no upgrades, no patches.
    Brother, your nokia mobile is made in india, go to some repair shop ask him to open you will see parts made in china.
    And for your information Xiaomi and Oppo both have manufacturing facility in India.

I dont care for upgrade if I will switch mobiles every 2 years, I will save my cost to buy another mobile.

Regarding bugs, even Android pie had lot of bugs when it was released. If you can spare google, then I can spare Xiaomi for bugs.
    First of all sensor and optics is different, Sony makes sensor Zeiss just made lens for Nokia's camera
    Super User  / 
    Nokia 7+ is also partially chinise (FIH). Don't blind support any brand. 660 for 20k in 2019 is hard to except just because u get a better camera and design.(Android one is Nokia's choice). Some where they do mess up, either in pricing mainly or specs partially.
    It is also about the overall experience you get with a phone. :)
  • krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Brother, your nokia mobile is made in india, go to some repair shop ask him to open you will see parts made in china.
    And for your information Xiaomi and Oppo both have manufacturing facility in India.

I dont care for upgrade if I will switch mobiles every 2 years, I will save my cost to buy another mobile.

Regarding bugs, even Android pie had lot of bugs when it was released. If you can spare google, then I can spare Xiaomi for bugs.
    First of all sensor and optics is different, Sony makes sensor Zeiss just made lens for Nokia's camera
    anyways, it's way better.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Fanboy spotted
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hmmm but 720p display destroys experience
    Super User  / 
    that's just 14k
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    that's just 14k
    Note 7 pro 1080p , even Nokia gives 1080p for that price
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

For Your Information Sony Uses Zeiss Lens On Their Cameras 
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Hi @nokianchetan is it branded ZEISS? HMD have an exclusive partnership with ZEISS so I strongly doubt it. The lens might be made in the same factory as the ones for HMD's Nokia phones, but if it doesn't say ZEISS on it them it's not ZEISS.
    Just like your favourite brand of cola ;)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Fanboy spotted
    You'll spott more because this is Nokia community
    Super User  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @nokianchetan is it branded ZEISS? HMD have an exclusive partnership with ZEISS so I strongly doubt it. The lens might be made in the same factory as the ones for HMD's Nokia phones, but if it doesn't say ZEISS on it them it's not ZEISS.
    He meant actual Cameras i guess. 😅
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Sony Camera's Not Phone 🤣
  • thanoofnaina thanoofnaina
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    7.2 is Camera Centric Phone MidRange Phone , So Gaming Will Not Be First Priority For This 
    I agree but still new chipset could have provided better image processing and more features in future which caan be given by OTA
    Is the newest chip worth an extra cost to the phone?  It probably raises the price 100 euro?
    Not The Question if Extra money for latest processor , HMD is just Playing Safe By Providing Very Balanced Processor SD 660 , and Since 7.2 is Camera Centric Phone 
    HMD Has Given Latest Tech In Camera Which Can Be Run Very Well By SD660.
    660 is a good processor but hmd just did cost cutting here. The are simply clearing their 660 stock. And everyone know that they will charge at least 20k. 660 at 20k is hard to accept, 675 or even 710 would have done that (8.1 priced reduced to 15k , because of poor sales due to bad pricing). Last but not the least, Nokia phones are android one so they are to be updated regularly & are not like the phones which didn't get update from 2 years
    HMD Nokia is Not Selling Processors , They Are Selling Real Life Android Experience With Latest Software Update ,3 Years Of Security Updates Strong Build Quality And Much More...

You Accepted Redmi7s which launched 2-3 months ago with same processor without Android one, Without PureDisplay RealTime HDR Conversion Without Zeiss Lens With So Many Drawbacks For 12k 

well said
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well all of you who are praising HMD Global (for android one and promt software updates), Realme announced on their forum that devices upto Realme 2 Pro will get android 10 by next year. And icing on the cake is that Realme 3 Pro which I own is running on september security patch.

May god bless HMD Global to fight intensive battle coming forth.
    But Nokia announced that not only single but almost 'All Nokia phones' will get Android 10. May God bless other companies.😂
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Hi @AniketThakur FIH Mobile and its parent Foxconn are a Taiwanese company, not mainland China.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well all of you who are praising HMD Global (for android one and promt software updates), Realme announced on their forum that devices upto Realme 2 Pro will get android 10 by next year. And icing on the cake is that Realme 3 Pro which I own is running on september security patch.

But Nokia announced that not only single but almost 'All Nokia phones' will get Android 10. May God bless other companies.😂
    Keep the fandom aside and think deeply about what he said.  You will understand. I am a fan too but don't be a blind fan. Support them where necessary and if they are doing something wrong point that out so that they work on improving it. They need honest feedback. 😊
    Nah nah, people don't do that. They just blindly trust and support
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    singhnsk said:
    They need honest feedback. 😊
    Well, they probably never asked for feedback from users to suggest what they should do and what they should not. Also, the feedback which users submitted neverthless doesn't show signs of being taken into consideration at all. So, IDK.
    Yeah we should continue to drop feedback though.
    I agree , at last leaving feedback doesn't cost us
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 

The Realme 2 Pro got Pie in June of this year so you might be waiting a while for Android 10.

By comparison, almost all Nokia devices were running Pie by June and that should also be the case for Android 10 on supported devices. 
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I just want my Android as it is...out of lab. Pure Google essence with all google services no craps no extra features even....the same icons that Google provides. So my first choice pixel n then obviously Nokia.

As u know Nokia is an affordable pixel... Can't think anything else. 😇

last of all....u have a wide range of pixels....what else u want! ! 
    Super User  / 
    wyk said:
    I just want my Android as it is...out of lab. Pure Google essence with all google services no craps no extra features even....the same icons that Google provides. So my first choice pixel n then obviously Nokia.

We want a Unique Nokia Experience and not google's beige ( >:) ) Android One. We don't have a wide range of pixels. Pixels have their unique features the biggest one being the gcam which google will never give to other manufacturer or make it the default camera app in Android One devices like Microsoft did with Nokia Camera in Windows 10 Mobile.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    We want a Unique Nokia Experience and not google's beige ( >:) ) Android One. We don't have a wide range of pixels. Pixels have their unique features the biggest one being the gcam which google will never give to other manufacturer or make it the default camera app in Android One devices like Microsoft did with Nokia Camera in Windows 10 Mobile.
    U have the Nokia camera....all that patented slider UI...Puredisplay...Pureview Zeiss unique lens..  unique UX desig (2720) n ...unique stardom..  unique nokia story..  unique tweets of Juho 😆. What u want more...?!

Yea i know expectations are quite high....but u know a lot of patents are still to recover from MS. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    wyk said:

Oh come on please! Nokia isn't a pixel, not even close:
    Basis:
    1. No bootloader unlock, even after voiding warranty.
    2. Not a developer friendly product, whereas pixel is all about it.
    3. Pixel camera will never come to Nokia.
    4. Pixel has a robust warranty coverage, Nokia has one of the worst.
    5. Pixel is the first to receive updates, Nokia isn't.
    6. Pixels get early internal builds of OSes, like all builds of Android Q, Nokia doesn't.

Nokia never intended to make a Pixel, neither will google let anybody else to make one because when Google is into products business, they are also competing with HMD. They won't make their competitor stronger by giving them same access to all the software as the Pixels get. Moreover, ask google for the affordable pixels, please. Don't make another company to start cloning Pixels because Google isn't willing to make cheaper ones for you.
    Most google services are crap and ad sponsored anyways. That very fist google app has ads popping up on the feed, what more to expect? It's better if HMD builds a Nokia experience because Google experience already exists and so many companies offer that beige experience in some way or the other. And yeah I don't mind if HMD makes one or two beige experience products like how you like it (no offense, it's your choice, I respect it), but they should also make something that others want.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia Mobile India Has Launched the Nokia 7.2 and Prices are revealed.Check Here