Introducing Nokia 7.2 - Page 7

My opinion on current Nokia phones: A few years back no one cared about processors, and everything was fine.

Introducing Nokia 7.2

Comments

• why does all android phones look same?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    singhnsk said:
    or hmd India cannot throw enough volume for the manufacturer to get some good prices.
    Does this have to apply everytime. Is there such a rule? What do you mean by can't afford? It is clear that this 6gb ram want needed and the 128gb+6gb version had to be priced higher. So they could have just launched that. I don't get this can't afford to buy a certain component just because of low volume. It is just a tiny component and the variant with higher ram and storage is already on pre order in many countries. This rule of economics doesn't fit here imo. 
    Chill buddy, I am not applying anything. I am only asking a question as to why HMD did not bring the higher storage and decided to keep it limited. They made a brand new India-only vairnat as 6+64GB. That volume remark was me just throwing in a probablity, not that it has be that only.
    Because you said it, for other countries, the EMMC will be procured in and used in China, via a different manufacturer. For Indian units, the manufacturing is in India and that supplier will only be getting orders for HMD's sales in India. Maybe HMD does not think that it can bring enough demand for a higher storage variant for that price point?
    Come on.. it is just probabilities and guesses. You can make yours xD What do you think why HMD did not bring the 128GB to India?
    The real plans and reasons are only known by HMD India. Maybe @sanjoy can tell us something :P
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited September 2019
    Who am I to tell you to compare or not? If you will compare apple to oranges then I cant help you.

Anyway if you comparing then let me check,
    does your nokia 7+ has snapdragon 712?
    does your nokia 7+ has 6.5 inch screen?
    does your nokia 7+ has punch hole front camera?
    does your nokia 7+ has 5000 mah battery?
    does your nokia 7+ has dedicated sd card slot?
    does your nokia 7+ has 128GB ROM?
    does your nokia 7+ has li-poly safe battery?

I can continue if you want to.

I wanted to try Android One, but never thought it will be boring and I will require to install additional app's for small small features which I was used to in samsung Note 3, Asus zenfone 3 and oppo's A37f.

The reason I dont use GCAM mod is that when I click pictures from it, it doesn't save instantly in memory, and I cant check it from the camera app. I need to exit GCAM and then open Photos app.

Google will not optimize android on behalf of HMD Global for Nokia devices, its job of HMD Global.
    When I purchased Nokia 7.1 on android oreo 8.1, it was sluggish.
    When I updated to android pie battery charging time increased to double.
    This issue exist on every Nokia 7.1

This issue is not yet resolved. And when I gave unhappy reaction to HMD Global, they called me to know the reason, I told them. After that no calls, no sms and no fix.
    Is this called customer service? Whose fault is this?

I have my reasons to scold HMD Global and I am blaming HMD Global for their issues only. You are lucky that you are not facing these issue and be thankful to God.
    Comparing apples to oranges. On paper, Nokia is orange compared to Chinese phones. I am not here to fight and I wasn't comparing the two-year-old device's processor and other hardware specs. I was comparing just the camera. I wonder why did you even type these specs and ask if they are on a  7 plus. They can't be on a device which was launched way before SD712 arrived.

(Yes, you can continue)

You tried android one and same did we. After using we know how beige Android One is and that's what we want HMD to change and switch to a custom experience. In fact, even pixel phones are full of bugs and Google takes its time to fix those.

Gcam works differently. You need to turn off the hdr setting that's enabled by default in most gcam ports. Once you disable the hdr setting it won't take time to save images. I wonder which version of gcam did you use. Because even with nightsight and hdr+ images I am able to view the images which are still processing even from the app itself. Unlike stock camera, gcam takes the image processing to the background allowing users to click the next image. That's a feature.

Google obviously won't do it and it is HMD's duty to fix bugs and they continuously keep doing it. But Android One itself has a lot of bugs and you will find them even on android one devices from other manufacturers. This is the reason HMD should come up with at least one device per year that uses a custom version of android and starts experimenting. This is the right time to show something new and fresh.

Your 7.1 on Android 8.1 was sluggish at the time of purchase? I don't know if this is true or if you are just exaggerating it. Because if it was so sluggish at the launch itself then the forum would have been full with users complaining about the sluggish performance. The charging issue could happen and maybe you are the unlucky one. BTW what exactly do you mean by sluggish? Because Google's default ROM is super smooth on my phone but I don't like to use it just because of the forced google search bar on the home screen and I use Lawnchair launcher.

God doesn't have any space in this discussion and I am not lucky. I too have many complains about my phone but that doesn't mean I'll start calling HMD bad.  Android Pie update brought many bugs to my Nokia 7 plus as well but HMD did fix a lot of bugs over time. New major OS updates can have bugs and this is common with any brand. You are scolding HMD for your own mistake of choosing an Android One phone without knowing what to expect. You fell for all the false marketing of Android One done by YouTubers. They themselves use galaxies, notes or iPhones.
    Super User  / 
    My opinion on current Nokia phones: A few years back no one cared about processors, and everything was fine. But then came xiaomi and these stupid specs war began. Now we care more about the specs on paper rather than the overall phone experience. Pubg is another culprit. Because most of us are poor (or cheap) to buy a playstation or a gaming pc, we play games on our phones, because phone games are free, and this has added to the processor madness. We don't need flagship processors. People comparing Nokia's pricing to Xiaomi's and Realme's should understand that there business models are totally different. On top of it, this Nokia (hmd) is only a two year old company. They are doing the best they can. If you complain all the time about the comparatively "lesser" specs in Nokia phones or their high prices, just feel free to buy any other phone. No one owes you anything. No one is forcing you to buy anything. The only real problem with hmd is their after sales service and their buggy software. So when Nokia launches a new phone and you don't like it's price, be the smart person you think you are and don't buy it. Isn't it that simple? Nokia 7.2 is a great phone for 18k. If you think that's high, just don't buy it. Don't whine about it. Just buy any other phone that gives you Snapdragon 1965 at Rs. 5k. ☺️😘
    I agree with this. However, the spec war did help in improving the user experience on budget phones. But the spec race has been taken a bit too far now. People just call a product bad because it doesn't have the latest processor as if the processor is the only component that makes a phone. Sadly, this will continue and remain the same for a few years.
    Super User  / 
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:
    or hmd India cannot throw enough volume for the manufacturer to get some good prices.
    Does this have to apply everytime. Is there such a rule? What do you mean by can't afford? It is clear that this 6gb ram want needed and the 128gb+6gb version had to be priced higher. So they could have just launched that. I don't get this can't afford to buy a certain component just because of low volume. It is just a tiny component and the variant with higher ram and storage is already on pre order in many countries. This rule of economics doesn't fit here imo. 
    Chill buddy, I am not applying anything. I am only asking a question as to why HMD did not bring the higher storage and decided to keep it limited. They made a brand new India-only vairnat as 6+64GB. That volume remark was me just throwing in a probablity, not that it has be that only.
    Because you said it, for other countries, the EMMC will be procured in and used in China, via a different manufacturer. For Indian units, the manufacturing is in India and that supplier will only be getting orders for HMD's sales in India. Maybe HMD does not think that it can bring enough demand for a higher storage variant for that price point?
    Come on.. it is just probabilities and guesses. You can make yours xD What do you think why HMD did not bring the 128GB to India?
    The real plans and reasons are only known by HMD India. Maybe @sanjoy can tell us something :P
    I am cool. This wasn't said in a serious tone. Sorry if my words and sentences gave that feeling to you.

I think, the ODM manufacturing Nokia devices will obviously purchase the storage chips in large quantity from the supplier. These storage chips will then be used in different variants so I don't think they would have difficulty in sourcing them. Phones aren't manufactured but just assembled in India and their parts are imported from outside except for a few parts which need to be manufactured in India. So, there is a possibility that storage chips are imported along with components like display, etc and just assembled here. Also, ODM's manufacture phones for different brands and there is a possibility that multiple brands could be using the same storage chips which the manufacturer has in stock already. :)
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    as if the processor is the only component that makes a phone. Sadly, this will continue and remain the same for a few years.
    But the processor is the brain of the device. You must get one of the latest available options when buying the product. Earlier cell phones were more phones and less of other things. Today phones are more for other things (games, entertainment, productivity) and less of basic phone functions. So, the need for a powerful and more efficient chip will never end. It will remain like this for as long as phones play such a crucial role. Nobody will care about what CPU is used in an MP3 player or Bluetooth speaker or other similar single-purpose electronics because those devices have their specific duty only.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:
    I am cool. This wasn't said in a serious tone. Sorry if my words and sentences gave that feeling to you.

I think, the ODM manufacturing Nokia devices will obviously purchase the storage chips in large quantity from the supplier. These storage chips will then be used in different variants so I don't think they would have difficulty in sourcing them. Phones aren't manufactured but just assembled in India and their parts are imported from outside except for a few parts which need to be manufactured in India. So, there is a possibility that storage chips are imported along with components like display, etc and just assembled here. Also, ODM's manufacture phones for different brands and there is a possibility that multiple brands could be using the same storage chips which the manufacturer has in stock already. :)
    Yep, it sounded serious to me 😛
    It does depend on the ODM doing the work though. A lot of ODMs don't play as many duties for other brands as many HMD requires them to play for them. For example, BBK and Xiaomi have their own supply to procure components from the different suppliers, even if they then hand over manufacturing to others. The ODMs who are doing all the work are only doing it for baby companies who aren't capable of managing things on their own and these baby companies won't be using memory and storage from Samsung. Instead they'll go for lower cost options such as from Hynix or others.
    We also saw TSMT making the 3.2 and 4.2 for HMD. Googling didn't reveal much about them doing manufacturing for any other company and even on their own website, they never mentioned that they were into the business of cellphone assembly/manufacturing. So, if such a company is handling their manufacturing, I'm sure it won't have much capacity to be a price maker, it will always be a taker, especially with demand put forward by HMD.
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Adding my query to the ongoing debate...
    Has Nokia mentioned that the newer devices will no longer have Evenwell apps? 
    Especially for the newer devices coming with Android Pie.
    They justified Evenwell apps(battery saver) were necessary when Oreo was used but disabled them since Pie.
    That leaves Evenwell redundant and so it should no longer exist on pie based devices.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    They justified Evenwell apps(battery saver) were necessary when Oreo was used but disabled them since Pie.
    That leaves Evenwell redundant and so it should no longer exist on pie based devices.
    Software on 4.2, 3.2 and 2.2 do not have any Evenwell. In fact, the software vendor is no-longer FIH Mobile. Seen the 7.2 firmware and yeah it is in the new format now and should not have Evenwell.
    Super User  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    Ys, no evenwelll apps on newer devices. FIH doesn't make them anymore and so the software is done by another manufacturer. So, no chance of evenwell apps. :)
    You can read the post here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/51246/tapping-into-android-pies-adaptive-battery-for-optimum-battery-performance
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    Why can't I compare the Nokia 7 plus that's more than a year old to a latest Vivo smartphone that's sub 20k? Don't people compare these Chinese devices to newly launched Nokia smartphones that are priced higher? At that time people say Nokia phones are compared to cheaper Chinese devices because they are overpriced. If that's the case then let's compare Nokia 8.1 to the Vivo z1 pro which again beats the later. A 16k phone vs a 15k phone which I think is fair to compare. And I am sure that the Nokia phone such as your Nokia 7.1 can outperform the Vivo Z1 pro too.

1. Yes, we have been requesting this for so long now. Maybe the new camera update coming with Android 10 will bring it. 😊

2. Yes, and they just introduced the night mode. It isn't on their older devices but HMD is just 2 years old. All these Chinese brands being so old don't have a photography centric camera app. Occasional shots can be taken with gcam for night photos or HDR auto does work in almost the same way as Gcam nightsight. In any night mode, you will have to hold your phone steady for a few seconds. No, one captures their occasional photos in extremely dark environments. Low Light means there has to be some light and most images are captured under artificial lighting conditions be it indoor at night or outside in low light. You don't have to be a professional to learn Pro Mode. It's simple, but the problem is you cannot get good low light pictures from it without a tripod.

3. I tried recording video in Dual-Sight mode but didn't face the issue you mentioned on my Nokia 7 plus. Maybe, it is present on Nokia 7.1. A demo of that showing the problem would be helpful. :)

4. HDR. In this mode, the camera captures a few images and then fuses them together. For example: one image is captured with +1 exposure, one with normal or 0 exposure and one with -1 exposure. All these images are then combined to bring out details in shadow areas as well as in overly bright areas. A similar thing is done by any night mode on the phone of any brand. So, even if you capture images in night mode you will have to stay still and hold your phone as stable as possible for a few seconds.

5. I just don't care about this feature. I won't go deep for this point as I just cannot handle this nonsense feature introduced by Chinese brands. And no this isn't a half baked. It is enough. Instead of adding such useless features I would love HMD to focus on revamping their camera UI and improving the camera app further by adding more features.

6. Yes, all this should be added. NIce feedback. :) There should be an option to select the fps while recording video. :)

What's does ZEISS lens have to do with the bugs? In fact, the phones are able to capture some very nice looking images. Maybe, you couldn't capture with your Nokia 7.1 but are you able to capture better images with your new phone?

Yes, HMD hasn't updated the camera app for a long time now and as usual, the phone will get new camera update with the next android version so just waiting for it. But some small camera bugs don't make it a bad phone and it isn't so bad that you say "What's the use of buying a Nokia?".

Using a different app or not is your choice but if you get better images with an alternative camera app then why not try it. Most users try gcam and you are the 1st one who says you don't want to install gcam port just because you paid hmd global for a better camera experience.  You paid HMD Global for a Nokia 7.1 that comes with Android One (Father of Bugs and a most featureless android version with forced google everything) and you knew it before purchasing. Maybe you also bought it for two years of os updates and monthly security patches which do come regularly.

So, you don't like android anymore be it from any device maker and you are blaming hmd global for bugs. Switch to iOS and share your experience once you switch.:)
    Who am I to tell you to compare or not? If you will compare apple to oranges then I cant help you.

I wanted to try Android One, but never thought it will be boring and I will require to install additional app's for small small features which I was used to in samsung Note 3, Asus zenfone 3 and oppo's A37f.

The reason I dont use GCAM mod is that when I click pictures from it, it doesn't save instantly in memory, and I cant check it from the camera app. I need to exit GCAM and then open Photos app.

Google will not optimize android on behalf of HMD Global for Nokia devices, its job of HMD Global.

This issue is not yet resolved. And when I gave unhappy reaction to HMD Global, they called me to know the reason, I told them. After that no calls, no sms and no fix.

I have my reasons to scold HMD Global and I am blaming HMD Global for their issues only. You are lucky that you are not facing these issue and be thankful to God.
    When 7+ was launched no phone had 660 for that price range and 7+ offered the best. Now u get 710 not 712 for 15k. No phone had 5000mah battery then except moto e , punch hole display wasn't introduced , no phone gave 6.5 inch display (in that price range).

Atleast post valid arguments. 
    It's ur fault that u expected custom rom features from android one device.
    I am not the one who started comparison between Nokia 7+ and Vivo Z1 pro.

Motorola also offers android one, but it has its own custom navigation.

And Sirji, get your facts check if there was no mobile launched with Nokia 7 + it does not mean that no device had snapdragon 660 in 2018, infact in 3rd quarter of 2018 there were several mobiles launched with snapdragon 660 with lower price tag compared to nokia 7+.

You stay happy with poor customer services of HMD Global, no staff member or moderator listen to customer complaints.

I am happy with chinese companies, who at least respond to customer complaints on their forum and let customer know they will get the fix in next update. :D:D

Different people different choice. :D:D
    Only vivo had launched phone with 660 then and the price was same, I had done research before buying. I'm not like someone expecting custom rom features from pure android. Nokia 7+ was launched in may 2018 i.e before Q3.
    First understand the terms then do a research sarji 🤣😂😂😂😂
    Super User  / 
    Why can't I compare the Nokia 7 plus that's more than a year old to a latest Vivo smartphone that's sub 20k? Don't people compare these Chinese devices to newly launched Nokia smartphones that are priced higher? At that time people say Nokia phones are compared to cheaper Chinese devices because they are overpriced. If that's the case then let's compare Nokia 8.1 to the Vivo z1 pro which again beats the later. A 16k phone vs a 15k phone which I think is fair to compare. And I am sure that the Nokia phone such as your Nokia 7.1 can outperform the Vivo Z1 pro too.

1. Yes, we have been requesting this for so long now. Maybe the new camera update coming with Android 10 will bring it. 😊

2. Yes, and they just introduced the night mode. It isn't on their older devices but HMD is just 2 years old. All these Chinese brands being so old don't have a photography centric camera app. Occasional shots can be taken with gcam for night photos or HDR auto does work in almost the same way as Gcam nightsight. In any night mode, you will have to hold your phone steady for a few seconds. No, one captures their occasional photos in extremely dark environments. Low Light means there has to be some light and most images are captured under artificial lighting conditions be it indoor at night or outside in low light. You don't have to be a professional to learn Pro Mode. It's simple, but the problem is you cannot get good low light pictures from it without a tripod.

3. I tried recording video in Dual-Sight mode but didn't face the issue you mentioned on my Nokia 7 plus. Maybe, it is present on Nokia 7.1. A demo of that showing the problem would be helpful. :)

4. HDR. In this mode, the camera captures a few images and then fuses them together. For example: one image is captured with +1 exposure, one with normal or 0 exposure and one with -1 exposure. All these images are then combined to bring out details in shadow areas as well as in overly bright areas. A similar thing is done by any night mode on the phone of any brand. So, even if you capture images in night mode you will have to stay still and hold your phone as stable as possible for a few seconds.

5. I just don't care about this feature. I won't go deep for this point as I just cannot handle this nonsense feature introduced by Chinese brands. And no this isn't a half baked. It is enough. Instead of adding such useless features I would love HMD to focus on revamping their camera UI and improving the camera app further by adding more features.

6. Yes, all this should be added. NIce feedback. :) There should be an option to select the fps while recording video. :)

What's does ZEISS lens have to do with the bugs? In fact, the phones are able to capture some very nice looking images. Maybe, you couldn't capture with your Nokia 7.1 but are you able to capture better images with your new phone?

Yes, HMD hasn't updated the camera app for a long time now and as usual, the phone will get new camera update with the next android version so just waiting for it. But some small camera bugs don't make it a bad phone and it isn't so bad that you say "What's the use of buying a Nokia?".

Using a different app or not is your choice but if you get better images with an alternative camera app then why not try it. Most users try gcam and you are the 1st one who says you don't want to install gcam port just because you paid hmd global for a better camera experience.  You paid HMD Global for a Nokia 7.1 that comes with Android One (Father of Bugs and a most featureless android version with forced google everything) and you knew it before purchasing. Maybe you also bought it for two years of os updates and monthly security patches which do come regularly.

So, you don't like android anymore be it from any device maker and you are blaming hmd global for bugs. Switch to iOS and share your experience once you switch.:)

When 7+ was launched no phone had 660 for that price range and 7+ offered the best. Now u get 710 not 712 for 15k. No phone had 5000mah battery then except moto e , punch hole display wasn't introduced , no phone gave 6.5 inch display (in that price range).

And Sirji, get your facts check if there was no mobile launched with Nokia 7 + it does not mean that no device had snapdragon 660 in 2018, infact in 3rd quarter of 2018 there were several mobiles launched with snapdragon 660 with lower price tag compared to nokia 7+.

You stay happy with poor customer services of HMD Global, no staff member or moderator listen to customer complaints.

I am happy with chinese companies, who at least respond to customer complaints on their forum and let customer know they will get the fix in next update. :D:D

Only vivo had launched phone with 660 then and the price was same, I had done research before buying. I'm not like someone expecting custom rom features from pure android. Nokia 7+ was launched in may 2018 i.e before Q3.
    Feb 2018. Q1
    Super User  / 
    Well I rest my case guys Nokia mobiles are best, better than iPhone. And I recommend buying them. :D:D:D

I can send my Nokia 7.1 to prospective buyers. Anyone interested in this awesome mobile for INR 7K.
    Look, we aren't saying Nokia is best than other phones out there. Nokia's software has issues and we too are demanding improvement.

In a post above you said Nokia 7 plus is priced higher than other SD660 phones such as realme 2 pro which was made of plastic and also had huge backing from the parent company. Realme is new for customers but it is an old BBK brand. Vivo V11 which again is the same case as realme 2 pro. Both these phones are miles behind in terms of camera performance when compared to 7 plus. A metal build, premium design, bigger battery, dual camera where one is a useful telephoto lens do make up for the price difference.

Coming to the present Vivo launches Vivo V17 Pro with SD675 at 30k. I hope this will justify the price tag for you especially when it comes with an SD675 processor. Look, it's not just about raw specs. It is about the overall experience and Nokia mobile fails to offer a better experience to users who switch from Chinese phones to try out Android One and then these users get disappointed. Also, i will say it again that I want them to make something of their own to create a unique user experience. You have been overlooking my this point again and again.

Read my post properly I said 3rd quarter.
    I know nokia 7+ was launched in April 2018
    Realme 2 pro was launched with SD 660 - price - less than Nokia 7+
    Vivo V11 was launched with SD 660 - price 22,990
    Nokia 7+ price - 25,999
    There is 3k price difference. And it will not be called same.

I did search properly. You didn't read my post properly
    Nokia gave cashback also which made the net price 22.5k
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Feb 2018. Q1
    I ordered device on 31st April 2018 recieved on 2nd may
  • nitinkachare nitinkachare
    Well all of you who are praising HMD Global (for android one and promt software updates), Realme announced on their forum that devices upto Realme 2 Pro will get android 10 by next year. And icing on the cake is that Realme 3 Pro which I own is running on september security patch.

May god bless HMD Global to fight intensive battle coming forth.
    Ask your brands community to update this on/after Q2 2018 devices to run on android 10 
    Realme 1,RealMe 2,RealMe C1,RealMe C2,Realme U1 and let me know their moderator response on community also look where is oppo in terms of android updates.
    Previously getting android updates from other brands only for flagship and Higher Range Phones except android one and pixel.
    Look at example Redmi Note 5 Pro launched in Feb 2018(On Same Month Nokia 1 launched) on android noughat 7.1.1(1 and half year old os) instead of oreo 8.1 and they provide oreo update in June/July 2018 when Pie Beta in Final Phase and Delivered Pie in March 2019 doesn't mean that they have provide 2 OS upgraded in 1 Year Life Cycle of Mobile Launch.
    But hmd started os updates even on stock android without android one with from entry level phone Nokia 1 to Flagship phones except Nokia 2 which has processor issue.
    I feel Only one device which is missing in the list of Android 10 Update is Nokia 8 which launched in August 2017 (Launching New Device Globally After August is good for Android OS Update)Globally as it's Flagship it should have run Android 10 considering 2 Years Period Of Android Updates.

People asking for os updates on custom os because android one providing os upgrade in entry level and mid range.
    After Android OS Update announced One Quarter (3 Months) is enough for launching a new device with latest android OS version announced instead of old android OS version.

Well all of you who are praising HMD Global (for android one and promt software updates), Realme announced on their forum that devices upto Realme 2 Pro will get android 10 by next year. And icing on the cake is that Realme 3 Pro which I own is running on september security patch.

May god bless HMD Global to fight intensive battle coming forth.
    Ask your brands community to update this on/after Q2 2018 devices to run on android 10 
    Realme 1,RealMe 2,RealMe C1,RealMe C2,Realme U1 and let me know their moderator response on community also look where is oppo in terms of android updates.
    Previously getting android updates from other brands only for flagship and Higher Range Phones except android one and pixel.
    Look at example Redmi Note 5 Pro launched in Feb 2018(On Same Month Nokia 1 launched) on android noughat 7.1.1(1 and half year old os) instead of oreo 8.1 and they provide oreo update in June/July 2018 when Pie Beta in Final Phase and Delivered Pie in March 2019 doesn't mean that they have provide 2 OS upgraded in 1 Year Life Cycle of Mobile Launch.
    But hmd started os updates even on stock android without android one with from entry level phone Nokia 1 to Flagship phones except Nokia 2 which has processor issue.
    I feel Only one device which is missing in the list of Android 10 Update is Nokia 8 which launched in August 2017 Globally as it's Flagship it should have run Android 10 considering 2 Years Period Of Android Updates.

People asking for os updates on custom os because android one providing os upgrade in entry level and mid range.
    After Android OS Update announced One Quarter (3 Months) is enough for launching a new device with latest android OS version announced instead of old android OS version.

Wow what a wonderful experience.
    You are blind enough not to see what competition is offering.

I cant have discussion with you.

What do you want me to say?
    Nokia 1 is better that Redmi Note 5 pro?

Ok I will say it, Nokia 1 is better than Redmi note 5 pro.
    in fact Nokia 1 is better than iPhone 11. Please do buy Nokia 1.
    I am talking about comparison of android update of nokia 1 Entry Level and redmi note 5 pro(Mid Range) even with your brands realme 1(9k) not specifications and other things.🙂
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I tried searching Google if 7.2 supports OIS. Does anyone have any knowledge about this feature suppoorted in this phone? Google didn't show me links supporting this feature.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    I am talking about comparison of android update of nokia 1 Entry Level and redmi note 5 pro(Mid Range) even with your brands realme 1(9k) not specifications and other things.🙂

I do not mean to disagree with you, but the custom OS that those guys offer already bring you more than what the latest stock Android brings. Even without OS updates, those buyers are happily using their devices, because that is already a pretty complete experience.
    So, I hope we do not just go by the number game. Even you know that Android One offers way less and is years behind what Xiaomi or others already offer today. It is more like Android One is trying to catch up with the features others already have. I do not like being a part of just the number game. Not that we on Android One have received something so wow that those Xiaomi owners do not have.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    I tried searching Google if 7.2 supports OIS. Does anyone have any knowledge about this feature suppoorted in this phone? Google didn't show me links supporting this feature.
    No It doesn't have OIS but It's EIS.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:

I do not mean to disagree with you, but the custom OS that those guys offer already bring you more than what the latest stock Android brings. Even without OS updates, those buyers are happily using their devices, because that is already a pretty complete experience.
    So, I hope we do not just go by the number game. Even you know that Android One offers way less and is years behind what Xiaomi or others already offer today. It is more like Android One is trying to catch up with the features others already have. I do not like being a part of just the number game. Not that we on Android One have received something so wow that those Xiaomi owners do not have.
    Is everything in miui is innovative from itself.If Yes Tell me such things which i wanted to know from you.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    singhnsk said:

Is everything in miui is innovative from itself.If Yes Tell me such things which i wanted to know from you.
    Not everything, it does have a lot of features, and it essentially does not  miss anything that you get in stock Android. What's innovative in the beige Android One either? The only major change you will see from Android 9 to Android 10 will be the gesture navigation finally making its way. Xiaomi already has them since long. MIUI allows you use themes and change fonts, which Android 10 will finally give you but with very limited access.
    I do not get what a MIUI user will miss if his device is not updated to Android 10.  It is already a pretty complete experience.In fact I agree with the Realme CEO:

What's the use of having stock Android with a very good chipset when you cannot bring the best out of that chipset? The chipset with a better OS can bring AI capabilities, camera capabilities, OS capabilities. You can make the day-to-day operations much better.

There are battery enhancements as well. There are lots of things that you can do with the AI capabilities of the chipset through the OS, so what's the use of having Snapdragon 855 chipset with stock Android? It's like I'm giving you a McLaren but not the road to drive it on. It's all about being able to utilize it.

singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:

Not everything, it does have a lot of features, and it essentially does not  miss anything that you get in stock Android. What's innovative in the beige Android One either? The only major change you will see from Android 9 to Android 10 will be the gesture navigation finally making its way. Xiaomi already has them since long. MIUI allows you use themes and change fonts, which Android 10 will finally give you but with very limited access.
    I do not get what a MIUI user will miss if his device is not updated to Android 10. 
    Gestures Navigation are innovated by apple.In ios 10 in iphone x without home button it's not miui innovative themself.
    If Realme CEO thinks that stock android restricted camera capabilities then why Google's Camera is more powerful than other on Pixel ROM which is quite same as stock android.
    I am also asking for bootloader unlock and software recovery tool  with system images which is didn't provided by hmd and i will ask this everytime.
    Is there any thing which pixel roms have features and Stock Android doesn't allowed.
    Even Same Pixel Camera Mod Offer More beautiful images than stock camera on other devices as well on different OS and Stock Android.
    I agree if there is new innovative then might they need their own os to implement new things in higher variant but in mid range and lower market what will be more innovative in software.
    Super User  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    No. Nokia 7.2 doesn't have OIS. EIS is present for Video recording upto 1080p 🙂
    Super User  / 
    Gestures Navigation are innovated by apple.In ios 10 in iphone x without home button it's not miui innovative themself.
    So what? It isn't available for Nokia phones unless google adds it to android one. Whereas, if Nokia wanted they could have added it to their phones by customising their android version. Wouldn't you like to use it if Nokia provided it? I am sure you would have praised it if Nokia wouldn't have gone android one route and made their own skin.

Btw my Nokia 7 Plus has soany extra features. See for yourself. 😁

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    So what? It isn't available for Nokia phones unless google adds it to android one. Whereas, if Nokia wanted they could have added it to their phones by customising their android version. Wouldn't you like to use it if Nokia provided it? I am sure you would have praised it if Nokia wouldn't have gone android one route and made their own skin.

Still can't understand all the wasted energy and human resource into updating so many devices every month, and still not giving them anything. Most people only want a working and feature enriched device. None of my real-world friend circle care about updates. The only time an average consumer checks for and installs updates is when he is facing some issue or there's a brand new product and he's looking to have some of those new features into his old phone as well. Even then, Nokia's updates do not even fix the issues. They are still busy erasing the evenwell from their system, whereas they could have used it as is to provide so much more, just what you're getting with NEX. HMD is wasting resources on wrong things. That Chinese ROM was nice. Can you imagine, they spent resources into removing the goodness instead of improving it further 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    Super User  / 
    singhnsk said:

Still can't understand all the wasted energy and human resource into updating so many devices every month, and still not giving them anything. Most people only want a working and feature enriched device. None of my real-world friend circle care about updates. The only time an average consumer checks for and installs updates is when he is facing some issue or there's a brand new product and he's looking to have some of those new features into his old phone as well. Even then, Nokia's updates do not even fix the issues. They are still busy erasing the evenwell from their system, whereas they could have used it as is to provide so much more, just what you're getting with NEX. HMD is wasting resources on wrong things. That Chinese ROM was nice. Can you imagine, they spent resources into removing the goodness instead of improving it further 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    But that chinese rom with evenwell hurt them so they had to do something about it. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    singhnsk said:

But that chinese rom with evenwell hurt them so they had to do something about it. 
    Hurt them more because while trying to remove the working functions, they messed up. It was like best of none, full of issues. The battery killer was one such thing, because in CN there was a whitelist manager, in global they removed it and the software kept killing all apps xD
    singhnsk said:

Except OnePlus Oxygen OS all other Chinese Custom OS are not good.On the top of worst experience is getting for user on MIUI except their top variant above 20k.MIUI is made of full of junk.