Introducing Nokia 800 tough

Meet the new 4G Nokia 800 Tough – our most durable phone to date. #OneToughPhone Nokiaphon.es/Nokia800tough #IFA2019 #NokiamobileLive

Introducing Nokia 800 tough

HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
Staff member  / 
Meet the new 4G Nokia 800 Tough – our most durable phone to date. #OneToughPhone

Nokiaphon.es/Nokia800tough
#IFA2019 #NokiamobileLive

Comments

• jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This will be a good seller for many reasons and a good second phone too I like it
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 5
    This will be a good seller for many reasons and a good second phone too I like it
    Yes, the only Nokia phones i loved out of the 5 phones launched at the event are the two feature phones. And this device is just another level. Price is a bit too high but again this isn't for everyone. Plus this is something original coming for HMD so I like it more. 🙂
  • f82 f82
    ✭✭  /  edited September 6
    I like this phone and while it's interesting also this brand having a tough model, I'm not impressed too much cause there was already on the market a similar other brand model with mostly similar features. This make it feels it a bit "late" and expected. But I imagine this will have a wider visibility once on the market. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @f82 you're right, that CAT phone is already out, but the Nokia brand may sway some people.
    To me it's expensive though, and for either phone running KaiOS is not really for any company or person who is privacy or security conscious...
    I looked into this MIL-STD-810G. The manufacturer can basically decide to do whatever they want! They can choose which parts of the spec to follow and decide how difficult the test conditions will be for each of those sections. Technically, it is not even necessary to test that it meets the specs! However, Juho did say they had tested it didn't they? Can anyone find their test reports? ;)
    Cheers :)
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 6
    Hello HMD,
    Please next time make a robust Smartphone!!! 
    Thank you. :smiley:
  • duberry duberry
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes and with kaios too. I’m in. About time tbh. the 220 4g why on earth did that not come with kaios. That phone won’t sell anything. 
  • f82 f82
    ✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @f82 you're right, that CAT phone is already out, but the Nokia brand may sway some people.
    To me it's expensive though, and for either phone running KaiOS is not really for any company or person who is privacy or security conscious...
    I looked into this MIL-STD-810G. The manufacturer can basically decide to do whatever they want! They can choose which parts of the spec to follow and decide how difficult the test conditions will be for each of those sections. Technically, it is not even necessary to test that it meets the specs! However, Juho did say they had tested it didn't they? Can anyone find their test reports? ;)
    Cheers :)
    And that phone as you said wasn't/isn't really cheap too, I understand that there's more work to built and test these but I'm curious to see if some important things like a VERY bright screen or a transflective one (for a phone that will be used mostly under the sun) will be installed or not. 
    Anyway I'm happy to see trying to do solutions for every market sectors but still I'm waiting for that "something more" that often did make some differences in older Nokia phones even if not always happened, not every models of the far past were great too.

• f82 f82
    ✭✭  /  edited September 6
    duberry said:
    Yes and with kaios too. I’m in. About time tbh. the 220 4g why on earth did that not come with kaios. That phone won’t sell anything.
    Why should everything have one single o.s.? Can we benefit of having different solutions for people that don't care about social apps? At the end the 220 4g sounds really good to me also because it's sound the first unique model having unique specs and feel indipendent from a single app. It's not a single app that make a phone good or not. Probably a new processor on a low level coded operating system should make its menu, features, texting and speed much improved compared to the usual S30+ or Java feature OS phones or almost we should expect this to happens if the o.s. will be well written.
  • BenThomas BenThomas
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia has revamped the design on Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2 and both the Android One phones come with a triple camera setup at the back. Nokia is also bringing back its classic flip phone back with several new features such as support for 4G, Google Assistant as well as apps like WhatsApp and Facebook. We take a look at the full specifications and features of  Nokia 110, Nokia 2720 Flip, Nokia 800 Tough, Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2.
  • Andycool2025 Andycool2025
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This device is classy one and Nokia doing great but ....Price is a too high this phone is not for everyone.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    This device is classy one and Nokia doing great but ....Price is a too high this phone is not for everyone.
    Yes, the phone isn't for everyone and competes directly with CAT Rugged Feature phones. 
  • f82 f82
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't understand why so many people value every new phones depending of these few social apps or assistants like anything without them would be useless nowdays. If someone need a calculator does it need a full linux o.s. with such apps to just work as it did in the 1980? Instead it'd nice to try to improve those few features and to add some new to the models that has been refreshed maybe too many times without improving something but some phones would not need any social app or whatever. Instead it'd more interesting for example an optimized file manager or some document reader even some simpler formats like txt ones. I'd not need an app store without interesting apps but more some factory developed apps already installed.
    But more those feature phones hardware would probably have some space to let manufacturer of the phone improve the choice of some components in each model without adding the unnecessary. 
  • WoodLover WoodLover
    ✭✭  / 
    is this phone coming to USA then? and if so have they announced a price?
  • Kumars Kumars
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia is known for its build quality 
    So this "toughone"will be a milestone 
  • iamkrishna08 iamkrishna08
    ✭✭✭  / 
    while almost all companies are working primarily on smartphones but only Nokia is working wisely and here they created class for 800 Tough.