Query about the charging port.

Does Nokia 8.1 have any charging port issues like its predecessors? Also, Is the charging cable provided by Nokia of good quality? Or should I change it? 

Query about the charging port.

Rajat2237 Rajat2237
✭✭  / 
Does Nokia 8.1 have any charging port issues like its predecessors? Also, Is the charging cable provided by Nokia of good quality? Or should I change it? 

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Using it since December. So far so good.
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Rajat2237 said:
    I have it Nokia 6.1 and 8.1 in which i have never issue with charging port or charging cable but one thing i noticed on nokia 8.1 is it can charge device in 1 hours 35 minutes and sometimes in 2 hours.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No issues for me either 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Mine clicks in much more positively than the one that was on my Nokia 8, The Nokia 8.1 one seems much more secure. As for the charging lead I'd personally get one of the floppier braided ones from Amazon, there is nothing wrong with the Nokia cable i just found it a bit stiff.
  • Rishi1405 Rishi1405
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2019
    I am not facing any charging issues. My nokia 8.1 is working perfectly fine.
  • Hi everyone,are you all using your original cable which is given by nokia from December?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi everyone,are you all using your original cable which is given by nokia from December?

I'm actually using the cable from my Nokia 7. Didn't even take the new one out of the box. But i don't see that will make a by difference.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi everyone,are you all using your original cable which is given by nokia from December?
    No, 6ft Anker Premium in the house and the shortest available braided Amazon Basics one in the car for Android Auto. Our original chargers are packed in our travel bags (with spare Anker leads) for when we go away, that way i never forget a charger. In the house i use a 2.1A Belkin that i have had plugged in for 5 years and cannot be arsed to unplug and change and my wife uses a 3 port Ikea charger (a cracking bit of kit, superbly made), we charge over night so QC isn't necessary.

One of the original cables is permanently plugged in to a USB 3 port on my PC though if i need to rapidly transfer photo or music.

A bit long winded all that, sorry, but at least you can see you don't need the original lead or charger.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    With my original charger and cable from Nokia I don't have any issues. Only does it play up when plugged into my computer it often disconnects when moved about. I purchased another USB C cable for £5 and it was better, much tighter when plugged in and no more disconnection. I think Nokia cables or cheap nasty cables are to blame not the port 🤷‍♂️
  • I have a charger connected and disconnected issue with my 8.1. I am not sure if the cable is at fault or the port. It is really frustrating at times. Sometimes when I charge my phone and come back to see that it isn't charged because of this issue...😭😒