My messaging app keeps sending sms multiple times. Please help

Problem with messaging app

mustapha mustapha
✭✭  / 
My messaging app keeps sending sms multiple times. Please help

Comments

• megan megan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please contact our support team directly for some help with this on: [email protected] :) 
  • We have had the same problem on both of our 3.2’s for a month now. Nokia support don’t know what the issue is and want us to send our phones away for checking but I can’t be without a phone as I need for work. There 2 others on the forums with the same issue
  • mustapha mustapha
    ✭✭  / 
    I hope they fix it soon by releasing an update or something. 
  • Damilola Damilola
    ✭✭  / 
    Try going into your Settings >> Apps menu, find the Messages app listing, open it, tap the 'Force stop' button, then tap on 'Storage' and tap on the 'Clear cache' button.
    Now open the app itself again and see if that made any difference.
    And if you haven't restarted your phone in a while, try that too. Just rebooting can fix a lot of odd, one-off problems.
  • Damilola, I have already tried this many times along with many other things suggested by Nokia but they don’t work
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Damilola, I have already tried this many times along with many other things suggested by Nokia but they don’t work
    Have you tried a different messaging app, which one are you having issues with ?
  • Steven Barnard Steven Barnard
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    jdi000 said:
    Damilola, I have already tried this many times along with many other things suggested by Nokia but they don’t work
    Have you tried a different messaging app, which one are you having issues with ?
    I have tried other apps and they all give me the same problem
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Have you contacted you service provider and asked them ?
  • Steven Barnard Steven Barnard
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Yes, they say there are no problems. Tried sim in another phone and all ok. My wife's phone has the same issue and both are 3.2's. Other people are having the same problem. It started after the August update was installed.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Yes, they say there are no problems. Tried sim in another phone and all ok. My wife's phone has the same issue and both are 3.2's. Other people are having the same problem. It started after the August update was installed.
    Sorry to hear that.  Have you reached out to Nokia support again thru email and chat ?
  • jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    jdi000 said:
    Sorry to hear that.  Have you reached out to Nokia support again thru email and chat ?
    Yes, they said to send the phone back for checking but I need my phone for work and can't be without it. I was hoping for a software update ☹️
  • Damilola Damilola
    ✭✭  / 
    Looks like this new update solve the problem of multiple SMS I did
  • Puppy2019 Puppy2019
    ✭✭  / 
    What TA model and country? Thank you.
  • Damilola Damilola
    ✭✭  / 
    TA-1156 NIGERIA
  • Mine is the TA-1156
    Build 00EEA_1_39D_SP02
    UK

Still waiting for October update
  • Just got the October update and guess what. SMS issue gone, it’s only taken 3 months. 
  • Olaka Olaka
    ✭✭  / 
    Multiple SMS sorted out after October update.