Option to change the back button position?

Hello,  Got my Nokia 9 just days ago and really like it.  The only problem I have is that I can not seem to change the location of the back button (From the left side to the right side).

Option to change the back button position?

Laura Tomo Laura Tomo
✭✭  / 
Hello, 

Got my Nokia 9 just days ago and really like it. 
The only problem I have is that I can not seem to change the location of the back button (From the left side to the right side).

Am I missing a update? Is is just nit possible? 

I googled a bit and only found answers for other Nokia Phones. 

Comments

• stetre76 stetre76
    ✭✭  / 
    iirc it's not possible to change the position of the back button with the native google launcher - you would need to install a 3rd party launcher (i.e. Nova Launcher) to change the position of back button 
  • Laura Tomo Laura Tomo
    ✭✭  / 
    stetre76 said:
    iirc it's not possible to change the position of the back button with the native google launcher - you would need to install a 3rd party launcher (i.e. Nova Launcher) to change the position of back button 
    Oh. 
    Did not know that is a general native Google launcher thing. Thanks for clearing that up. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    But come on, a launcher cannot change the position of the back button from the navigation bar. Maybe a custom navigation bar can.
    While there can be some workarounds, they are complex and it's generally easier to just get used to the back button being on the left side. I'd recommend adjusting instead of finding a solution.
  • try fluid ng.. better and more customable.. it's swipe full screen program.. not a launcher 
  • [{"insert":"We are not all left handers, OnePlus 3 my old phone has this, is this a problem with the Nokia software or because it's running AndroidOne?\nWe only need swap left to right in settings added.\nI'm currently using Nokia 8.1 Android 10.\n"}]
  • cyberzork cyberzork
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2019
    Yes I too would like the back button on the right having just come from using Samsung and One Plus phones for years that both had custom options builtin to do that. Nokia need to do a custom update for Nokia 8.1 & 9.1 to support this option. I own a new 8.1 Nokia with Android (One) OS.
  • I'm also facing same issue, after day before update, my mobile back button not showing, but it's working as ghost button.

• Hi all when change existing wallpaper or restart the phone then back button enable,

• amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yeah...fluid NG is worth a try. Its like a gesture based setup, but highly customisable.