Trying to make Nokia 2 Googleless

Since the hardware of Nokia 2 is poor, I tried to remove Google related content and it runs fluently. That's why I called it "Googleless".

Trying to make Nokia 2 Googleless

hikari calyx hikari calyx
✭✭✭  / 
Since the hardware of Nokia 2 is poor, I tried to remove Google related content and it runs fluently.
That's why I called it "Googleless". In fact the Chrome browser, calendar and message can be removed as well.
Imagine how to survive without Google could be difficult, but it's possible in China. 
To mod this phone, of course you have to unlock the bootloader. Since Nokia 2 is closed to EOL, I think nobody will mind unlocked bootloader.

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @hikari calyx
    Of course Nokia without Google might be odd ,but most of the system apps are still replaceable

TrueCaller->Replace with Phone,Messages app
    Chrome->Firefox,Opera Mini or Lite Version of popular apps
    Files->Plenty of apps are available

So if started providing then it will end up in infinite suggestions but since google play services and play store must be replaced with other store like Opera(Bemobi) Mobile Store or other third party apps store,so that RAM will be optimised and chances of performance in that chip set will be high

Regarding Boot loader Unlock,It's HMD who must initiate the Process by providing the app and then make developers to access the shell and install or modify the system apps,Although believing third party and providing the device details might be insecure and if went wrong there is no chance to get back the device to normal state since it's a rule that for unlocking process only, charges were taken not for entire A-Z process of a device

• @hikari calyx
    Me also tried this when my Nokia 2 on Nougat. This is a screenshot I took when I disable all apps that I could disable in the app list...
     :D

• Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You don't need unlocked bootloader to remove the preinstalled apps/system apps.
    I removed chrome, google, youtube, maps etc via adb and installed go edition apps.
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    Since the hardware of Nokia 2 is poor, I tried to remove Google related content and it runs fluently.
    That's why I called it "Googleless". In fact the Chrome browser, calendar and message can be removed as well.
    Imagine how to survive without Google could be difficult, but it's possible in China. 
    To mod this phone, of course you have to unlock the bootloader. Since Nokia 2 is closed to EOL, I think nobody will mind unlocked bootloader.
    How did you installed magisk ? Can you please explain
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    Can i now downgrade to nougat because am not receiving any updates on oreo and it so buggy ,
    I have been waiting for soo long to downgrade to nougat is it working now ? Any methods please tell me guys thankyou!
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    How did you unlock the bootloader ?
  • hikari calyx hikari calyx
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @hikari calyx
    Of course Nokia without Google might be odd ,but most of the system apps are still replaceable

TrueCaller->Replace with Phone,Messages app
    Chrome->Firefox,Opera Mini or Lite Version of popular apps
    Files->Plenty of apps are available

So if started providing then it will end up in infinite suggestions but since google play services and play store must be replaced with other store like Opera(Bemobi) Mobile Store or other third party apps store,so that RAM will be optimised and chances of performance in that chip set will be high

Regarding Boot loader Unlock,It's HMD who must initiate the Process by providing the app and then make developers to access the shell and install or modify the system apps,Although believing third party and providing the device details might be insecure and if went wrong there is no chance to get back the device to normal state since it's a rule that for unlocking process only, charges were taken not for entire A-Z process of a device

Not only that, I also removed monitoring apps from Evenwell. 
    Evenwell monitoring apps also made the phone lags a lot, including Nokia phones exclusively in China.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @hikari calyx
    Yeah,I have also disabled that and now having Good Battery backup and even apps when pushed background also works well but issue still present where on reboot,power saver app doesn't optimize at all and need to be modified every time.Other than that Oreo in Nokia 2 works well with some slow app opening
  • hikari calyx hikari calyx
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As far as I can tell, NB1-Collision.
    Details can't be disclosed here, as HMD is closely monitoring me about hacking their devices.
  • manishh manishh
    ✭✭  / 
    Details can't be disclosed here, as HMD is closely monitoring me about hacking their devices.
    Hey can you please tell me how you got your bootloader unlocked and magisk installed via email .
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    manishh said:
    Hey can you please tell me how you got your bootloader unlocked and magisk installed via email .
    Just do a google search. "Nokia Bootloader Unlock"😁
  • Any idea why HMD is holding out on bootloader unlock? Is FIH to blame?
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 15
    @BootloaderUnlockWhen
    Still Most of then had a scratch on this.When Nokia 8 has got boot loader unlock as said by users it has broken and even unable to use that,and HMD hasn't made any developments for that.I think @singhnsk has idea on this issue
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Any idea why HMD is holding out on bootloader unlock? Is FIH to blame?
    Maybe there is spyware in phone itself if you rooted it you can delete it fully and it's called Google and Google ads (in the settings) which ads will aggressively attack you while watching youtube videos you will see 10 ads in video with 3 minutes if you rooted your phone and installed Xposed and adaway you will kill them service and money partly so my guess either deal between Google and Nokia or something else we don't know yet ....
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 21
    Maybe there is spyware in phone itself if you rooted it you can delete it fully and it's called Google and Google ads (in the settings) which ads will aggressively attack you while watching youtube videos you will see 10 ads in video with 3 minutes if you rooted your phone and installed Xposed and adaway you will kill them service and money partly so my guess either deal between Google and Nokia or something else we don't know yet ....
    There's no such thing. My 7 plus is rooted and i don't have so many ads on youtube like you are saying. It behaves normal as it was earlier. 🙂
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There's no such thing. My 7 plus is rooted and i don't have so many ads on youtube like you are saying. It behaves normal as it was earlier. 🙂
    This is weird because am in ads mania device when I just open YouTube videos from YouTube app , currently am using Firefox with ublock origin add-on that block the ads nightmare I am facing with this device
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    This is weird because am in ads mania device when I just open YouTube videos from YouTube app , currently am using Firefox with ublock origin add-on that block the ads nightmare I am facing with this device
    When did you unlock your Nokia 2 and rooted it? 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    When did you unlock your Nokia 2 and rooted it? 
    I wish I can do that ! At least I will continue build pie rom ! That's why I have installed Firefox browser on my phone and Firefox support adding add-ons on it like PC version so an adblocker add-on solved the issue to watch YouTube video on Firefox without ads but if I did in YouTube app the ads will be aggressively annoying 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I wish I can do that ! At least I will continue build pie rom !
    You can do that but you don't trust. 😅
    ✭✭✭  / 
    i want free way to do because when i do pie rom i want many users there not 1 or 2 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    i want free way to do because when i do pie rom i want many users there not 1 or 2 
    There is another way where you won't have to spend money. You can check this out: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-2-1/how-to/nb1-collision-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3938072
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    There is another way where you won't have to spend money. You can check this out: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-2-1/how-to/nb1-collision-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t3938072
    Follow this link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/development/tools-nb1-collision-unlocker-v1-0-4-3-t3943409
  • demonicshady demonicshady
    ✭✭  / 
    Follow this link:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/development/tools-nb1-collision-unlocker-v1-0-4-3-t3943409
    Can you confirm it works? And have you tried it yourself?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Follow this link:
    Nope. I haven't tried it myself. I got my Nokia 2 unlocked through paid method. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Follow this link:

Gib maaney 😛
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Follow this link:

Gib maaney 😛
    https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.408a5260d83f0bff949b347d79a68b7c&pid=Api&rurl=https://media.giphy.com/media/gTfyyVLTicxCE/200.gif&ehk=0lUyqyQdUm2+jP5v659GyQ 
  • Omnibus Omnibus
    ✭✭  /  edited September 30
    @hikari calyx said: "HMD is closely monitoring me for hacking their devices."
    The BEST place to write about them or to them and not get noticed is RIGHT HERE 😅
    It's like smoking odorless ganja right inside the police station 🙈🙉
  • Sir mera Nokia 2 ka jack ni kam kar ra ha

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sir mera Nokia 2 ka jack ni kam kar ra ha

Go to Nokia Care center. 
  • Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sir mera Nokia 2 ka jack ni kam kar ra ha

Sabse karib wala nokia care center subah chale jana. 1-2 ghante me kaam hojayega.