Hi, I'm owner of Nokia 6.1 since last December. I have in this time noticed several odd behaviours or lack of some tiny graphical feature, so with the second big update for this phone on the way, I thought if I don't share it now, it might not ever get fixed. Some of those things might be fixed by Q itself, but some might require change from nokia team. So with that said, let's start with the first thing you see:
- There were some animations added several months ago and they are nice but I have noticed that clock on Ambient display and clock on Lockscreen tend to be in different places even without any notifications. And they are not different just on vertical axis but also slightly on horizontal axis. I think the AD clock just moves arround the screen or something. Q made some changes to the lockscreen look, so I hope this won't happen again.
- Weather is missing. Nokia 9 promotional material clearly show weather next to date, but I have never seen it on my phone (only in At a glance)
- Search bar is clearly just google widget instead of separate function of the launcher (like in other android one and pixel phones). While this has some advantages (it's affected by google updates and you can change it in google app) it also results in few annoying things - Unnecessary "Say Hey Google" text, Voice search icon instead of Assistant (this will be changed by google app eventually, but why wait) and dark mode (widget has black dark mode, while the search bar has grey dark mode).
- Discover feed similarly lacks dark mode unlike other launchers - it will probably take google app update to fix this.
- App icons are not dynamic - e.g. Clock and Calendar apps dont show current time and date.
As for the icons, there are also few apps that are shown in the app list, even though it's unnecessary:
- My Phone - other manufacturers have their apps accessible from settings - "Tips & support" question mark in circle, right under "System". You could do something similar to Digital wellbeing / Gboard and add option to hide the icon from app list.
- Sim card menu - this could also be added somewhere to the settings - I've never used it and i cant disable it.
- Wallpapers - you can access this when you long click on home and pick "Wallpapers", so probably unnecessary to have this in app list. There are some rumors about Pixel themes, we'll see whether it will be accessible by android one users or at least similar app (i hope yes)
All of those are pretty minor things, so I feel weird to ask about them, but even small stuff can make the phone better. Who knows whether someone influential will even read this, so...