Astrophotography

New gcam added features for astrophotography https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-4-astrophotography-preview-google-camera-7-0/

Astrophotography

siddharth.p siddharth.p
✭✭  /  edited September 15

Comments

• liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There'll be no difference .... Don't expect "The Starry Night" level of photos of Andromeda Galaxy with this feature. Don't create a hype 🤔
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    People get psyched with weirdest of the gimmicks made available to them. Will your phone get telescope like features ?  If you want images of moon and stars.. get it from google. there are plenty detailed ones.
  • siddharth.p siddharth.p
    ✭✭  / 
    Well it's all about perspective. When I look some 3 to 4 years back i was not even able to take casual photos at night with my Samsung Galaxy. Today i appreciate the efforts made by Google especially when where I live matters. Where I live, here not everyone can buy DSLR and shoot stars. Even our space organization Isro also shoot moons and stars at affordable mission costs. What we get and at what price matters most. And I believe that mobile photography has improved a lot recently. Who knows maybe some years from now we may able to shoot Andromeda! Growth is what matters. That's why I think it's not hype but admiring the development of mobile camera tech.
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Well it's all about perspective. When I look some 3 to 4 years back i was not even able to take casual photos at night with my Samsung Galaxy. Today i appreciate the efforts made by Google especially when where I live matters. Where I live, here not everyone can buy DSLR and shoot stars. Even our space organization Isro also shoot moons and stars at affordable mission costs. What we get and at what price matters most. And I believe that mobile photography has improved a lot recently. Who knows maybe some years from now we may able to shoot Andromeda! Growth is what matters. That's why I think it's not hype but admiring the development of mobile camera tech.
    Some years later ?? Sure !
    With Nokia 7 plus ?? Please don't Daydream.

Now, you are going a bit too far with 'growth matters" and all .... it sure does .. doesn't mean you'll be able to shoot stars with 12 MP camera .... know your limits, kid ! ( and your phone's, too )
    Just wait and see if anybody ports gcam v7 for our beloved phone !

✭✭  /  edited September 15
    Some years later ?? Sure !
    With Nokia 7 plus ?? Please don't Daydream.

Now, you are going a bit too far with 'growth matters" and all .... it sure does .. doesn't mean you'll be able to shoot stars with 12 MP camera .... know your limits, kid ! ( and your phone's, too )
    Just wait and see if anybody ports gcam v7 for our beloved phone !

Ohh! Sure.  Thanks for understanding my perspective Kid! Well I will definitely not be using 12mp camera phone in 2022. Are you? I don't see any logic in that. Don't be so confused kid.
  • iamkrishna08 iamkrishna08
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This is something interesting.
    ✭✭  /  edited September 16
    This is something interesting.
    Hmm, as Nokia phones never had any problem supporting gcam. Gcam v7 will be interesting. I already took decent photos with existing camera setup. Lets hope for further improvement. I took above photo with stock cam
  • Hasidil Hasidil
     / 
    Any gcam 7 port available for nokia 6 .1+
    Wich astrophotography enabled ??