What are the bugs that you've encountered on your android phone?

So, I made this discussion specifically for all the bugs (whether new or old) that existed throughout these years since the beginning from the first-gen devices upto the current gen.

What are the bugs that you've encountered on your android phone?

cooljevil cooljevil
✭✭✭  / 
So, I made this discussion specifically for all the bugs (whether new or old) that existed throughout these years since the beginning from the first-gen devices upto the current gen.

Now I know most of us users already know the issues of our devices, but we can at least list it in just one page. I hope there will be no spams about repeating/saying the same thing over and over. Users like @singhnsk @madbilly @MatteBlacke @hikari calyx and every one out there that knows the insides of our phones. Also, I'm sorry to those people who are annoyed by this type of topic.

It is time to clear things out :smile:  
Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    My current list for my Nokia 8:
    • SD card keeps locking itself to read-only after a period of time/use and sometime eventually corrupts. Confirmed as happening with different SD cards of different capacities from different manufacturers. This has happened in Android 8, 8.1 and 9 so I think it's a phone issue, and now it's close to end of warranty it will be returned for repair.
    • Camera app has 3MP twice in the resolution settings, (one is 3.1MP and the other 2.8MP), but one of these options should be much higher.
    • Fewer apps are kept in the task switcher view than in Android 8.1. This is more an annoyance than a bug because this is apparently an "upgrade"!
    • Camera app brightness slider (when tap to focus) appears in Pro mode but has no effect. Very little impact from this bug.
    Cheers :)
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks for sharing those info btw 😊. I guess it's time for me to write now  : :D   

Bugs that I encountered on my phone, Nokia 5:

- Downloading a file that is 300MB on Chrome (and other browsers) will eventually stop. Closing the app and putting the phone in sleep mode (standby) does nothing. I have to restart downloading it.

- Using Cast or "Miracast" doesn't work (e.g. projecting the screen to a smart tv).

- Though obvious, speed of the phone is unpredictable. Sometimes its fast, sometimes its slow. Clearing system cache does help but not much.

- After for a few days without restarting the phone, adjusting the volume for "Call volume" makes sound from the speaker and not from the earpiece. Restarting seems to solve the problem.

These are some bugs that I encountered until now.
  • Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @cooljevil Thanks for the initiative! :smiley:
     Following @madbilly 's Template, My List for Nokia 6.1 Plus -
    • Not a bug, But more of a problem during the life of the Phone, The charging port becoming loose.
    • Bugs with apps not responding properly with the notch hidden, 1 famous app is Snapchat.
    • I maybe think this is intentional but the weather is not displayed on the lockscreen and ambient display like shown in the promotional images.
    • The network speed randomly slows down to a crawl. No, there is no network issue in my place :smiley:
    • The phone randomly turns on Bluetooth. I have both WiFi and Bluetooth scanning in the background off.
    These are the ones that come to my mind right now, Will update the post if I encounter more bugs.
    I will 100% Update the post if Nokia plans to release Beta version of Q for 6.1 plus :smile:
  • Hi I'm using Nokia 6.1 plus,
    Recently when ever I play a graphic intensive game for around 30 mins or so the app suddenly crashes and I have to restart the app. Please release a fix for this.
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 17
    Hi I'm using Nokia 6.1 plus,
    Recently when ever I play a graphic intensive game for around 30 mins or so the app suddenly crashes and I have to restart the app. Please release a fix for this.
    I had the same thing happen to my phone, too! I think some phones across the whole portfolio suffers (or have issues) with it. When I play Asphalt 9 (surprisingly, it can ran just fine!) on my phone for 2 and a half hours, the game will drastically slow down, then crashed. Certified reviewers also said this.

My guess is this has to be done so that 1) to protect the phone from too much heat and 2) (possibly) to protect the components inside also. This is just my opinion!
  • Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 18
    Hi I'm using Nokia 6.1 plus,
    Wow, This is something new. I've never had this issue with my phone. I used to play  graphically intensive games (PUBG Mobile, Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8 and 9). I can see the phone's temperature rise to above 45C but never experienced force closes. I have no idea what causes this and cannot suggest any remedies xD
    But I'm sure, I've played PUBG and Real Racing for 4 hours straight and nothing really odd happened.

You may try a factory reset.

Edit - I've noticed the phone stays cooler during heavy workloads/Gaming sessions when there is plenty of Airflow or the ambient temperature is >25C. You can try to game in a place with Airflow or keep the A/C on :lol:

Not sure is this is a bug or Intentional - We've got a 40Mbps Broadband plan in my place. While all the phones in my home always get a consistant 40Mbps speed, My Nokia alone always goes to 70Mpbs, Everytime, Consistantly :lol: If this was intentional, Very good. If it was a bug, Then this is a welcome bug too.