A red color around the edges of the screen

hello dears, A red color around the edges of the screen of the Nokia 8 phone, sometimes appear and disappear sometimes, What is the explanation of that …

A red color around the edges of the screen

hello dears,
A red color around the edges of the screen of the Nokia 8 phone, sometimes appear and disappear sometimes, What is the explanation of that problem؟

Comments

• potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD decided to save pennies on their first flagship phone.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well, then: have a good fresh restart ... and until we meet again (as the old "Irish Blessing" says :))
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    I've returned my 8 to servicing under warranty, as the reddish hue on the edges were stretching wider and wider, plus the bonus image retention on the affected areas... Add to this the random restarting, wavy camera captures (faulty OIS?), jerky input when charging or on a table/bed/etc.

I got my money back, I'm now hunting for a fresh restart (sic), I'm thinking about a Huawei/Honor, many folks having it are at least pleased, if not extatic about them, may Huawei's [hopefully-false]-spying-allegations be... false...🤞

Anyway, out of this Android "Nokia" experience, the only good outcome has been meeting such an awesome gang (you all know who you are, ye ole geezers), may your future be as you plan it.

🤝  That has been all from me guys, wishing you all the best there is! 🤗 YOU'RE AWESOME!
    ...No, not you sarvikas... & co.
    Good luck with whatever phone you choose mate, my experience with the Nokia 8.1 has been great, it is everything the 8 should have been but i can 100% see why people wouldn't want another HMD phone chucking at them, their reluctance to fix things, especially with the 8 is shameful.

Just to add though i only bought the Nokia 8.1 because my Nokia 8 died while i was out and about and i needed a phone urgently as my dad has Alzheimers and Parkinson's so i need to be contactable, i didn't buy it out of brand loyalty, i bought it because it offered the best value at that moment in time.
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    I've returned my 8 to servicing under warranty, as the reddish hue on the edges were stretching wider and wider, plus the bonus image retention on the affected areas... Add to this the random restarting, wavy camera captures (faulty OIS?), jerky input when charging or on a table/bed/etc.

I got my money back, I'm now hunting for a fresh restart (sic), I'm thinking about a Huawei/Honor, many folks having it are at least pleased, if not extatic about them, may Huawei's [hopefully-false]-spying-allegations be... false...🤞

Anyway, out of this Android "Nokia" experience, the only good outcome has been meeting such an awesome gang (you all know who you are, ye ole geezers), may your future be as you plan it.

🤝  That has been all from me guys, wishing you all the best there is! 🤗 YOU'RE AWESOME!
    ...No, not you sarvikas... & co.
    Can you tell me how long did you wait EMAG for the refund?
    I also sent mine for screen replacement and faulty loudspeaker. 
    Regards
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 1
    I've got the reply from the service centre after about 11 days, that the phone cannot be repaired and the amount has been reimbursed to my customer account. After that I've instructed them to transfer the amount in my bank account and that was it.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It took nearly a month for me to be offered a refund but that was because the retailer had to wait for conformation from whoever was looking at it i guess.
  • Thanks alot for your advice, the problem that i face it, i bought my mobile from another country, and i haven't warranty.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 30
    @marsic, @MrBelter
    Finally my bad journey with Nokia 8 is over.
    I returned my Nokia because of the white dot above the finger print and a speaker failure. After 30 days the seller told that, because there aren't any spare parts for this model, it will refund the money.
    I got the money and bought another Android One phone, but this time it isn't Nokia. 
    I bought Motorola One Vision. It's amazing phone compared to Nokia 8.
    Recommend it to everyone.
    The smoothness, the camera... everything is superior. It also has OIS.
    Good Bye forever HMD.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 30
    @Jivko Antonov excelent news! Here's to hoping that your new choice won't be as regrettable as with hmd. I'm also thrilled with my new Huawei Mate 20 (standard, not Pro). Those cheeky, spying Chinese do know their business, unlike some lying scammers...

PS: those fing lying scammers haven't layed a single fing cent in fixing this forsaken forum bugs, after all this time it's still a nightmare to write and edit a comment! Rotten from wherever you look at it, this lot...

PPS: I'm wondering whether there's anyone that managed to get their screens replaced as of lately?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:

PPS: I'm wondering whether there's anyone that managed to get their screens replaced as of lately?
    No, it's impossible. Before the refund from the seller, I called to the service center in Bulgaria and they told that there aren't any screens for this phone for a long time. It's been stopped from production.