since the last firmware update (00WW_3_25B) my Nokia 3.1 cannot receive or transmit mobile data with its Movistar Spain SIM card.
With the Movistar support I went through the whole testing procedure (https://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Soporte-Móvil/Nokia-3-1-con-firmware-00WW-3-25B-no-tiene-más-datos-móviles/m-p/3928881)
- network configuration reset on my side
- network configuration reset on their side
- factory reset of the mobile
Nothing of those did help.
The cross test showed that the mobile and the SIM card themselves work fine (the mobile can send and receive mobile data with a SIM card of a different provider and the Movistar SIM card works fine in other mobiles including mobile data).
So the suspicion came back to the latest firmware update. As Movistar Spain has no insight into the firmware they referred me to Nokia. I contacted Nokia support, explained the situation but they said they will not look into it. However, I may send in the mobile to get a replacement. After initial frustration, I think they made the right call as I seem to be the only one that has this problem so far.
In case I'm not alone, this thread will hopefully catch and focus the people affected.
- In case that you are affected with the same problem, can you please leave a note below?
- Also, if you have access to a Nokia 3.1 with the latest firmware version and a Movistar Spain SIM card and your mobile data *does* work, can you also comment, please?
The next steps for me are as follows:
- wait for the September update and hope this somehow fixes the problem
- else: send in the mobile and see if the replacement phone has the same problem
- desperation: Try to flash an older firmware onto the phone and see whether upgrading to a later firmware version (September, December 2019 ...) and thereby skipping 00WW_3_25B solves the problem.