5 things which can be improved by the app update :
These are the issues I have observed until now.
1) The camera app of Nokia 8.1 doesn't have a specific Night Mode option.
2) The limit for shutter speed is 4-seconds. It will be great if it is extended to 15-seconds with app update. It will be good for artistic and better low light photography.
3) The camera app doesn't lock exposure for more than 3-4 secs while shooting videos. If you touch on the screen, it balances exposure. After 3-4 secs, it again resets the exposure reading.
4) There is no image stabilization used in slow motion video recording.
5) Image processing needs to be improved.
NOTE: These are not hardware related issues. The camera hardware of Nokia 8.1 with Zeiss optics is great and there is no doubt in that.