Nokia 6.1 hangs on AndroidOne boot screen

Some time last week the phone stopped booting. It would get to a Nokia screen and hang for hours.

Nokia 6.1 hangs on AndroidOne boot screen

db3 db3
✭✭  / 
Some time last week the phone stopped booting. It would get to a Nokia screen and hang for hours. I managed to get into recovery and attempted a factory reset, but it hangs on 'wiping /data'. Now it can't get past the Android One screen.

I never unlocked the bootloader or set up USB debugging and I really wish I did. I use linux at home and it won't recognize the phone using adb or fastboot. I set up an older laptop running windows with nokia USB drivers, adb, and fastboot and the laptop can't see the phone either. 

I was thinking of trying to re-install firmware from sd card, but don't know where to get it from. Is there a reliable source? Should I install a custom recovery first, like twrp, or is that not going to work since the bootloader is probably locked?

Any help would be great. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @db3
    Better Take the device to care center where they will re-flash the software properly
  • db3 db3
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks, that's probably the only option at this point. I'll give that a try.