Bugs Observed so far on Nokia 2.2

1. When receiving call, phone doesn't go blank2. Phone doesn't vibrat when calls are answered or ended3.

Bugs Observed so far on Nokia 2.2

udangana udangana
✭✭  / 
1. When receiving call, phone doesn't go blank
2. Phone doesn't vibrat when calls are answered or ended
3. When volume buttons are pressed, it is the media volume the increases/decreases not the ringing volume
4. Each time phone is restarted or powered on, it goes to silent mode
5. Can't find digital compass

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    udangana said:
    3. When volume buttons are pressed, it is the media volume the increases/decreases not the ringing volume
    1. What do you mean the screen does not turn off when you place it up to your face?
    2.  This is a setting that has to be togged on.
    3. Mine displays the bell so that is the ring volume. Seems ok

4. what do you mean silent mode ?  Is do not disturb turned on ?  Or is the Prevent ringing turned on?

Regards
    Jason 

• udangana udangana
    ✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    udangana said:
    1. What do you mean the screen does not turn off when you place it up to your face?
    2.  This is a setting that has to be togged on.
    3. Mine displays the bell so that is the ring volume. Seems ok

4. what do you mean silent mode ?  Is do not disturb turned on ?  Or is the Prevent ringing turned on?

Regards
    Jason 

1. Yes, when place on the ear
    2. I change the settinfs from phone app setting, stilk not working
    3. But it's better so that one can increase/deceease ring volume without going through settings
    4. Yes silent mode that means no ringing volume off and do not disturb is not on
  • santoscleto santoscleto
    ✭✭  /  edited October 15
    6. Wifi issues with newer routers, where the wifi disconnects after some time (device shows connected but it is not pingable and cannot ping anything as well, both nokia 2.2 and router see each other but no traffic flows), and reconnects after some while afterwards (in a loop)?
    [a nokia 4.2 has no such issues]
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    6. Wifi issues with newer routers, where the wifi disconnects after some time (device shows connected but it is not pingable and cannot ping anything as well, both nokia 2.2 and router see each other but no traffic flows), and reconnects after some while afterwards (in a loop)?
    [a nokia 4.2 has no such issues]
    2.2 and 4.2 are not same chip sets so the wifi radios are different.  What do you define as newer router ?  Zero issues on my nighthawk router so far.  
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭  /  edited October 20
    udangana said:
    1. It was my tempered glass that was covering the sensor, problem resolved
    2. I reset the phone, it's now working
    3. The problem still continues, though i read in other forums that that's how android pie behave
    4. This continues, and the phone goes to silent mode occasionally
    5. The phone doesn't have compass

So, please what do i do on item 4.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    udangana said:
    udangana said:
    1. It was my tempered glass that was covering the sensor, problem resolved
    2. I reset the phone, it's now working
    3. The problem still continues, though i read in other forums that that's how android pie behave
    4. This continues, and the phone goes to silent mode occasionally
    5. The phone doesn't have compass

So, please what do i do on item 4.
    Try restarting in safe mode and see if it happens.  Also check your do not disturb settings closely 
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭  / 
    Was able to solve the problem, 'prevent ringing' under 'gesture' was turned on, so i turned it off.

Thanks for your efforts.
  • Phone does not power on from alarm. No schedule power off/on feature under settings.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Phone does not power on from alarm. No schedule power off/on feature under settings.
    This is not a bug but a feature on some other phones operating system. 
  • ivan45 ivan45
    ✭✭  / 
    I've noticed the proximity sensor doesn't work properly on my 2.2.

During a call and when my phone is up to my ear, my ear/face is switching things on and off and even disconnecting the call at times.

I have noticed after a call do not disturb had been switched on, airplane mode turned on, ring volume turned down and my brightness turned down.

Any way to prevent these things during a call?
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ivan45 said:

During a call and when my phone is up to my ear, my ear/face is switching things on and off and even disconnecting the call at times.

I have noticed after a call do not disturb had been switched on, airplane mode turned on, ring volume turned down and my brightness turned down.

Are you using a screen protector?  Can you boot into safe mode and try an all and see what happens?
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭  / 
    ivan45 said:

Check to make sure screen protector is not covering the proximity sensor