Is anybody facing issues with the Nokia 7.2 display with dark Color?

I bought 7.2 three days back. Since then I have been facing issues with the rendering of the dark colours on the display. Its happening across the device.

Is anybody facing issues with the Nokia 7.2 display with dark Color?

shishiranshuman shishiranshuman
✭✭  / 
I bought 7.2 three days back. Since then I have been facing issues with the rendering of the dark colours on the display. Its happening across the device. I have attached a picture of the YouTube app running in the dark theme.

I tried hard restart, system reset but nothing helped. I have requested a return from Nokia.

if you own this device, kindly check the display. 
Tagged:

Answers

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 3
    A current review online stated their screen had dark spots on white backgrounds. You should return it
  • samarthonline1 samarthonline1
    ✭✭  / 
    I had d issue of inverted Colors when youtube was in full screen. If you turn the pure display option off, that fixes the issue for now
  • Vinokia_7_2 Vinokia_7_2
    ✭✭  / 
    Do you face an oversaturation of display in Nokia 7.2, for youtube videos? Esp after turning to Pure Display [Dynamic mode or SDR to HDR] the color saturation is too much that it looks like 50's era handpainted super noisy posters. .

Did you notice any such issue? Please respond.

PS - attached sample poster's colors is what Pure Display makes the display to be. I mean it's not exactly like that but oversaturated on similar lines.
  • shishiranshuman shishiranshuman
    ✭✭  / 
    @Vinokia_7_2 @samarthonline1
    I can confirm that this issue occurs when Pure Display is on. What did you guys do to fix it? For me the Nokia support team is just dodging the question. 
  • Vinokia_7_2 Vinokia_7_2
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't know brother. I ordered the phone via Flipkart. Scheduled a tech visit from their end as its 4 days for me. Let's see. I think I have to go for a different brand as this is not an issue pertaining to a specific set, rather with the entire Pure display feature itself.

I spoke to the support guys as well they gave me the same old rhetorics on how their developer team will fix this with next update when that's gonna happen, what is ceratainity that it'll happen, no response to that. Maybe RealmeXt will be the best substitute.

Tho its a good phone [Nokia 7.2] except the display issue.
    Please do share in case you receive any updates.
  • I too have the same issue but its visible only when i use mobile outdoor ..... But has to restart mob on returning indoors to fix the issue.....
  • siva siva
    ✭✭  /  edited October 10
    Hi All,  Being a fan of Nokia I tried to buy  this phone very curiosly, but before hand tried for review recommendations  and got  inputs  that complaints on display ratio is very high...Only Nokias responsibility have to address this to bring the lost credibility....and to buy the phone further 
  • This is a serious issue. They are selling the phone with the Pure View as it's one of the highlight but you cannot use it. Nokia should fix this asap. It can be considered as a fraud. 
  • I received the replaced phone today, but this has the same issue. I think it's a defect with the entire range. Pure display is completely useless. 
  • trip-trippin trip-trippin
    ✭✭  / 
    Instead of restarting the device, it's enough to switch "Invert colours" on and off again to get back to normal colours.
    Hope this will be fixed in general soon!
  • UPDATE:
    Nokia is again replacing my device. They have a dumb policy of no refund only replacement. They are accepting its a issue but not fixing it. I'll receive a device again and its going to have the same problem. This is completely pathetic. 
    Please do not buy this device people. I'll start a new thread so that the SEO picks this up. 
  • Wanderlust Wanderlust
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's so annoying to have such issues on new phone
  • badachi badachi
    ✭✭  / 
    Turn off adaptive brightness off and then on. It will solve the problem
  • i also have same issue but in screenshot it's not visible.
  • SwastikN. SwastikN.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's a specific problem that's happening only with the YouTube app. I have tested the dark mode with Google News, Microsoft Outlook, Slack apps, they don't have issues rendering dark colors on the screen with the puredisplay turned on.
  • It's a specific problem that's happening only with the YouTube app. I have tested the dark mode with Google News, Microsoft Outlook, Slack apps, they don't have issues rendering dark colors on the screen with the puredisplay turned on.
    I faced the issue in the slack running in dark mode as well sometimes. And the youtube video quality degrades with pure display on. But yes, it's prominently visible in the youtube app. 
  • matthewkuhl matthewkuhl
    ✭✭  / 
    i also have this where blacks fade to gray and then go back to black. You can't really solve it by changinng settings - it's most likely a driver issue. i also had this happen on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. It was fixed in a software update.
  • ashish tomer ashish tomer
    ✭✭  / 
    [{"insert":"I had d issue of inverted Colors when youtube was in full screen. If you turn the pure display option off, that fixes the issue for now\n"}]