Camera is %$*&

I'm sorry, just needed to vent about this bloody camera.

Camera is %$*&

youhippy youhippy
✭✭  / 
I'm sorry, just needed to vent about this **** camera. I'm away on holiday at the moment in Sweden and there have been many times when I just want to throw this phone on the floor. 
I can take photos in portrait mode, however, when I switch to landscape I can take ONE photo and then the camera freezes. This happens all the time, even after restarts. You really cannot use this as a point and shoot as it's more like point.... wait... wait... wait... close app... point... wait...     Oh, the moment has long passed. 

Trying SO hard to enjoy using this phone, but most times it's one of those, count to 10 moments and move on. 
Tagged:

Comments

• tried to clear the the data of camera? 
  • youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭  / 
    Of course. Many times. It's just laughable these days. 
  • roumend roumend
    ✭✭✭  / 
    During the last month or so, I do experience such an issue (or a kind of), but not very often. I think that the freezing in my case depends on the battery level. It seems to appear at some 70 to 50 percet of charge, but I am not quite sure of that. 
    After each shot, for a couple of seconds it is okay, but when the camera starts to focus, the screen freezes for some 10 or more seconds. After some time (or battery drainage), it works perfect, again.
    I didn't find any solution, yet... :(
  • Maxstr Maxstr
    ✭✭  / 
    Sounds like something is wrong with it. I havent experienced that issue. You may need to reinstall the camera app, or factory reset your phone 
  • youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭  / 
    Big sad face emoji

I'll see what they decide to push out with Android 10 next month. If it's still shockingly bad, the whole thing may have to be factory reset.

• Maxstr Maxstr
    ✭✭  / 
    Maxstr said:
    Sounds like something is wrong with it. I havent experienced that issue. You may need to reinstall the camera app, or factory reset your phone 
    I take back what I just wrote. I decided to take some bokeh and RAW mode photos, and my camera app is locking up and restarting itself over and over. And while it's processing, it's just crashing even when I'm just pointing the camera and haven't taken another shot yet.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭  / 
    One trick that i've come up with is if you want to take that shot and it's frozen, a screen grab will work. 🤣 Obviously won't be a high res image but ok if I wanted to send something over whatsapp. 
  • KirillS KirillS
    ✭✭  / 
    I've been having the exact same issue for over a month now. I am very, VERY close to putting my Nokia in a drawer. I put so much hope in this phone, and I am really trying hard to enjoy it, but not being able to take a photo, even a simple one, with more than 20% battery is ridiculous. Who needs all those cameras if you can't use them to take a photo?