Nokia 6.1 > Black Screen - Any recommednation what to try before sending to repair center?

Hi Nokia Community, my girlfriend bought a Nokia 6.1 in September 2018 and so far it was running smoothly and seemed to be a robust phone.

Nokia 6.1 > Black Screen - Any recommednation what to try before sending to repair center?

Martin.S Martin.S
✭✭  / 
Hi Nokia Community,

my girlfriend bought a Nokia 6.1 in September 2018 and so far it was running smoothly and seemed to be a robust phone.

However all of a sudden, the screen went black last week. We saw that there were reported similar problems, and it was recommended to do a reboot with some key combination. The phone was rebooting and some seconds after showing the android one logo, it was black again. Rebooting it again, and the screen stays black. We made sure that the phone was changed and it did not help. 
Interesting fact is that the fingerprint sensor still works, so I guess that it is rather a problem of the screen than of the mainboard. (just a guess though).

Now, given the fact that we only have 1 year warranty in Russia, you can imaging how annoying it is to have a brick 1 year and 1 month later.
We are considering to visit a Nokia Care Support center and ask for repair (on our cost most likely), however still some question here: Any advice what we can try?

I also thought of weird moves like trying to guess how to do a factory reset without seeing the boot menu xD

Any answer is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Martin
Tagged:

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 4
    @Martin.S
    Hi,If you want to do factory reset using boot menu keys even in Black out Mode,then it's a brain challenge where you need to remember the Option where it has and you need to perfectly trigger out that,But Think of Going In easy way rather than such technical way since it's a Robust Device came from your loving person!

And As you said,there you can't blame the screen since you are seeing the Android One Logo but the software might have affected with some unknown file which is making the screen turns black,so I can say that once take to care center and do the software re-flash which may fix all that black out issue,before that if the care center can securely take back up of your media then do that and then Make a Software Re-flash to your device.
  • Martin.S Martin.S
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi user,
    thanks for your answer.
    With the screen: We do not even see the android boot logo any more. That was somehow just a one time thing.
    But you are right. With trying to do the factory reset on my own and completely blind > might be too risky.
    Cheers
    Martin