Nokia 7.2 vs Vivo Z1 Pro - Indoor light camera comparison

Hi all, I am sure many are waiting to see the photo samples taken from the Nokia 7.2. So, here we go.

Nokia 7.2 vs Vivo Z1 Pro - Indoor light camera comparison

Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all, I am sure many are waiting to see the photo samples taken from the Nokia 7.2. So, here we go. I'll be sharing photos taken from Nokia 7.2 along with comparison shots especially of images taken under less light situations.

I received my 7.2 yesterday and to compare I tried to create a low light situation in my room. I took the below images indoors and the only source of light was a bulb.

Notes: 
All images are shot handheld. 
All images are shot in auto mode. 
All images are captured in exact same lighting conditions and I tried my best to keep the frame as same as possible on both the phones. 

Below are images taken with the Nokia 7.2 and Vivo Z1 Pro. The image at top is taken with Nokia 7.2 and the image below it is taken from Vivo Z1 Pro. 

Sample 1:

If you look at these two images you will notice that the Nokia 7.2 has more details preserved. Look at the lens of the National C-310EF. Also, look at the inside structure of the flash. Nokia 7.2 clearly looks much more sharper and is a more useable photo.

Sample 2:

Same thing repeats but this time with better White Balance on the Nokia 7.2. It looks similar to what I saw with my eyes while capturing. The ZEISS logo on the back of 7 Plus appears much more clear in image taken with 7.2. 

Sample 3:

This image is taken from a distance of 3-4 feets. The artwork was made by my mom. 😁 This image is a good example where the White Balance on Nokia 7.2 is matching the colour temprature of the room. Again it has more details and colour. More on this below. 

Sample 4:

This is a closeup of one of the frames from Sample 3. This frame is made using fine sand particles of different colours. Now, coming to the quality, I see more details in the image taken with Nokia 7.2 and also the image looks more colourful. Look at the flower below Baby Krishna's ear. 

Sample 5:

Here again I find the white balance and details of Nokia 7.2 take the lead. 

What do you think? 

Comments

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Wow.. great bhai 😍 impressive result
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Wow.. great bhai 😍 impressive result
    Yup. The camera performance is very good at this price range. 
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Impressive , Very Well Done 😊👍
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The details Nokia 7.2 captures is amazing
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The white balance on the Vivo Z1 Pro is miles out, a clear win for the 7.2.
  • Arcadiy Kalugin Arcadiy Kalugin
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you, and you can try to photograph the night sky, with a long shutter speed?
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 4
    Sample 1:

Sample 1 Crops:

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sample 2:

Sample 2 Crops:

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sample 3:

Sample 3 Crops:

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sample 4:

Sample 4 Crops:

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sample 5:

Sample 5 Crops:

✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 4
    For easy comparison, I made a collage and shared both original and cropped images above. :)

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention the resolution in which I shot the images. Images are shot in default resolution on both the phones. Nokia 7.2 images are taken in 12MP resolution and images from Vivo Z1 Pro are taken in 16MP resolution.
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7.2 images are taken in 12MP resolution and images from Vivo Z1 Pro are taken in 16MP resolution.
    48 megapixels has a normal camera or wide-angle, if usual, I would like to take a look at it too, thanks in advance?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7.2 images are taken in 12MP resolution and images from Vivo Z1 Pro are taken in 16MP resolution.
    48 megapixels has a normal camera or wide-angle, if usual, I would like to take a look at it too, thanks in advance?
    Yes, the main camera is a 48MP unit but is designed to capture images in 12MP resolution. You can change the resolution from camera settings to 48MP but this will be done by software as the sensor is designed to capture images in 12MP resolution by default. It combines data from 4 pixels into one to form one big pixel which ideally should give better results. :smile:

Currently, it is night here so can't share any image right now. But I'll try to share a 48MP image when I click one. :)
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, the main camera is a 48MP unit but is designed to capture images in 12MP resolution. You can change the resolution from camera settings to 48MP but this will be done by software as the sensor is designed to capture images in 12MP resolution by default. It combines data from 4 pixels into one to form one big pixel which ideally should give better results. :smile:

Currently, it is night here so can't share any image right now. But I'll try to share a 48MP image when I click one. :)
    Thank you very much for the answer, the last question. Do you like the phone yourself, if so, by what criteria? Thanks in advance, Regards!
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 5

Thank you very much for the answer, the last question. Do you like the phone yourself, if so, by what criteria? Thanks in advance, Regards!
    The 1st thing you will notice when you look at the phone is the design. Looks gorgeous. The second thing you will notice is the in-hand feel. The phone is super smooth to hold and if you have dry hands then it might just slip. 😂 My Nokia 7.2 fell on the floor on the 1st day itself. Luckily, nothing happened and it passed my Durability test :D . These are the two things I like the most about this phone.

It's been just two days with this phone so I can't judge the other aspects. Will be sharing more comparisons whenever I get time every week. So, stay tuned for that. 😊
    ✭✭  / 

The 1st thing you will notice when you look at the phone is the design. Looks gorgeous. The second thing you will notice is the in-hand feel. The phone is super smooth to hold and if you have dry hands then it might just slip. 😂 My Nokia 7.2 fell on the floor on the 1st day itself. Luckily, nothing happened and it passed my Durability test :D . These are the two things I like the most about this phone.

It's been just two days with this phone so I can't judge the other aspects. Will be sharing more comparisons whenever I get time every week. So, stay tuned for that. 😊
    Thank you, but did the back of the smartphone not matte, not rough?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The back is not exactly matte but it isn't glossy too. It is soft to touch but looks matte. We can call it frosted glass like finish maybe. 😅
    ✭✭  / 

The back is not exactly matte but it isn't glossy too. It is soft to touch but looks matte. We can call it frosted glass like finish maybe. 😅
    We do not have it in Russia yet, it should appear the other day, made a pre-order, now I'm waiting))
    ✭✭✭  / 

Ya it's like  frost glass Finnish like one plus 
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 5

We do not have it in Russia yet, it should appear the other day, made a pre-order, now I'm waiting))
    Wow. Which colour did you Pre-order? Cyan Green? 😁
    ✭✭  / 

Yes))
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yes))
    Beautiful choice. You will love it. 😊
    ✭✭  / 

Yes))
    Beautiful choice. You will love it. 😊
    Thanks
  • gravemind2015 gravemind2015
    ✭✭  / 
    Nice job sir! I like the way the photos turn out. However, I'm curious about the changes in the pro mode, the range of options available now, the UI changes and if the camera app doesn't feel too heavy (like the updated pie one feels as compared to the oreo pro camera), and the UI transitions happen fluidly now. As you have a 7 plus (so do I), you should feel the difference right away.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nice job sir! I like the way the photos turn out. However, I'm curious about the changes in the pro mode, the range of options available now, the UI changes and if the camera app doesn't feel too heavy (like the updated pie one feels as compared to the oreo pro camera), and the UI transitions happen fluidly now. As you have a 7 plus (so do I), you should feel the difference right away.
    Thanks gravemind2015 and nice to know you liked them. 😁

Yup, the app feels a lot lighter compared to what we have on 7 plus. The extra options like panorama, slow motion, square modes have been moved to a separate section which is accessed by 4 dots on the left corner. HDR toggle is now moved out and can be found at the top of the view finder (if holding device in portrait mode).

Now coming to modes that can be accessed using swipe gestures. 1st is Photo/Auto mode and left swipes will take you to Video mode and Night Mode. Right swipe from Auto Mode will now take you to Portrait Mode and not Pro Mode. You need ti swipe right once more to enter Pro Mode or just swipe up the shutter button. So, there are just 5 modes in total. Two on each side of the Photo Mode.

Pro Mode has been changed and we now have 3 levels of EV control (-3, - 2, - 1 and +1, +2, +3) and shutter speed values have been bumped to 20 seconds. Adter 4 seconds shutter speed can be set to 8, 10, 15 and 20 seconds.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    OMG that Vivo phones white balance is horridly pink 
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi all, I am sure many are waiting to see the photo samples taken from the Nokia 7.2. So, here we go. I'll be sharing photos taken from Nokia 7.2 along with comparison shots especially of images taken under less light situations.

I received my 7.2 yesterday and to compare I tried to create a low light situation in my room. I took the below images indoors and the only source of light was a bulb.

Notes: 
    All images are shot handheld. 
    All images are shot in auto mode. 
    All images are captured in exact same lighting conditions and I tried my best to keep the frame as same as possible on both the phones. 

Below are images taken with the Nokia 7.2 and Vivo Z1 Pro. The image at top is taken with Nokia 7.2 and the image below it is taken from Vivo Z1 Pro. 

Sample 1:

If you look at these two images you will notice that the Nokia 7.2 has more details preserved. Look at the lens of the National C-310EF. Also, look at the inside structure of the flash. Nokia 7.2 clearly looks much more sharper and is a more useable photo.

Sample 2:

Same thing repeats but this time with better White Balance on the Nokia 7.2. It looks similar to what I saw with my eyes while capturing. The ZEISS logo on the back of 7 Plus appears much more clear in image taken with 7.2. 

Sample 3:

This image is taken from a distance of 3-4 feets. The artwork was made by my mom. 😁 This image is a good example where the White Balance on Nokia 7.2 is matching the colour temprature of the room. Again it has more details and colour. More on this below. 

Sample 4:

This is a closeup of one of the frames from Sample 3. This frame is made using fine sand particles of different colours. Now, coming to the quality, I see more details in the image taken with Nokia 7.2 and also the image looks more colourful. Look at the flower below Baby Krishna's ear. 

Sample 5:

Here again I find the white balance and details of Nokia 7.2 take the lead. 

What do you think? 
    Compare with 7+ (use gcam on 7+ as stock camera isn't updated for months)
  • gravemind2015 gravemind2015
    ✭✭  / 
    @Kartik Gada is the minimum level of shutter speed (highest speed) still 1/500 in pro mode?
  • Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The results are really impressive and having more details than vivo.