Google Assistant command (Hey Google / Ok Google) is not working

Hi Team, In my device, Google Assistant is not responding for command (Hey Google/Ok Google). Everytime I am using the Google Assistant button.

Google Assistant command (Hey Google / Ok Google) is not working

Jyothikumar Jyothikumar
✭✭  / 
Hi Team,

In my device, Google Assistant is not responding for command (Hey Google/Ok Google). Everytime I am using the Google Assistant button. I have activated the Google Assistant and retrained  the voice model multiple times. 

Is it a software bug? Or Should I replace the phone? 

Please leave your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Jyo

Best Answers

• Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    Same thing with my Phone. Seems to be a bug in the Google-App. Couldn't fix it so far. The Nokia Support told me to wait for the next update.
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    I opened the play store in my Browser and tried to install the latest version of the Google app. But the menu offered me only my two older devices for installation, the Nokia was greyed out. So i think we have to wait for Nokia to fix that problem...
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    I just got an update for the Google app and everything works fine!!!
    'OK Google' unlocks the phone like I was used to with my Pixel XL. 
    Great! Thought that Nokia would have to fix it. But now Google did it, obviously...

Answers

• Ujwal Ujwal
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here. Play store says that Google app is no longer supported on your device. I side loaded the latest Google apk from apkmirror. The command works just fine. But, this is a weird bug indeed
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    Do you have the 4 or 6 GB version of the 7.2?
    I have the 6 GB. 
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    Ujwal said:
    Same here. Play store says that Google app is no longer supported on your device. I side loaded the latest Google apk from apkmirror. The command works just fine. But, this is a weird bug indeed

will the Google apk installation affect the upcoming updates?
  • Jyothikumar Jyothikumar
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the 6 GB. 
    I have 6 GB version.
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the 6 GB. 
    I have 6 GB version.
    Maybe that is the problem. Seems that Nokia put an old version of the Google App on the Phone that causes the bug...
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the 6 GB. 
    I have 6 GB version.
    Maybe that is the problem. Seems that Nokia put an old version of the Google App on the Phone that causes the bug...
    Is there any way to update Google App manually? 

In my device, I have updated all apps. Problem persist. 

Thanks @Supergunny
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    @ jyothikumar:
    What ist the version of your installed Google App? 

• Ujwal Ujwal
    ✭✭  / 
    My version is 10.65.11.21.arm64. Once the problem is fixed with ota, you can always press uninstall all updates for that app. Them update through play store
    ✭✭  / 
    My current Google App version is 10.33.2.21.arm64
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    I think that's the problem with the old version. We have to wait for an update because I don't want to install an apk myself on this device...
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    Ujwal said:
    My version is 10.65.11.21.arm64. Once the problem is fixed with ota, you can always press uninstall all updates for that app. Them update through play store
    You have the 6 GB ram, too?
  • Ujwal Ujwal
    ✭✭  / 
    Ujwal said:
    No, I have the 4gb version
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    Ujwal said:
    Ujwal said:
    No, I have the 4gb version
    Ok, then the bug doesn't depend on the ram size...
    I tried the APK, too. Works fine! But the "ok Google" command doesn't wake the Assistent when the screen is dark. I was used to that from my Pixel XL...
  • Supergunny Supergunny
    ✭✭  / 
    I just got an update for the Google app and everything works fine!!!
    'OK Google' unlocks the phone like I was used to with my Pixel XL. 
    Great! Thought that Nokia would have to fix it. But now Google did it, obviously...

I have to correct my post: 'ok google' doesn't unlock the phone when the display is inactive... That's new... Any ideas to fix it?