SD card issue with nokia 7.2

When i am using SD card in my new nokia 7.2 the phone is not working properly and is showing lot of bugs in the photos app and when trying to play music in SD…

SD card issue with nokia 7.2

sriram swaroop sriram swaroop
✭✭  / 
When i am using SD card in my new nokia 7.2 the phone is not working properly and is showing lot of bugs in the photos app and when trying to play music in SD card it is skipping automatically to the next songs and unable to play a single file and shows music play back erroe finished...Kindly go though the discussion forums in Nokia 7.2 with screenshot uploads ...If the memory card was not inserted the phone is working fine and and I think there is an SD card readability issue with the new NOKIA 7.2
I tried factory reset and also all the possible methods of clearing cache etc....NOthing has worked out....Expecting a solution in the next update

Comments

• Nelle3001 Nelle3001
     / 
    I have this same issue. I thought it was the phone until I connected it to my computer and I couldn't open a single file.
  • Same issue found in nokia 6.1 plus local music files can't be seen in google play music.
  • yodaphone yodaphone
    ✭✭  / 
    When i am using SD card in my new nokia 7.2 the phone is not working properly and is showing lot of bugs in the photos app and when trying to play music in SD card it is skipping automatically to the next songs and unable to play a single file and shows music play back erroe finished...Kindly go though the discussion forums in Nokia 7.2 with screenshot uploads ...If the memory card was not inserted the phone is working fine and and I think there is an SD card readability issue with the new NOKIA 7.2
    I tried factory reset and also all the possible methods of clearing cache etc....NOthing has worked out....Expecting a solution in the next update
    have you tried using the SD card on a pc or another phone? try formatting the SD Card & use again.

are you using the SD Card as "Portable" or "extended storage"?
  • Jaxto Jaxto
    ✭✭  / 

I also had problems with my SD card, mostly in relation to camera.. I couldn't open any of the photos I made. Since I removed the card and set back to factory settings the problem is gone.

• Any updates?

Having same problem in Russia. Any resets/formats/otheres SD-s not working.

Music/photos are crashed (same description https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/52376/photos-problem )
  • According to support -

At the moment we do not have the information about when you could use it as internal, however, you can transfer all multimedia with the steps on the last email in order to get more storage, however, at the moment, the best way to your SD works properly with the phone is as portable an this is to avoid that the apps crashed as it is happening.

So enjoy my gif for this situation.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

SD cards can be bad, has anyone tried using a different or new SD card?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I am using a SD card and it works great! All I did was to freshly format it when I inserted it to the phone and it is doing great!

• Nakagawa Nakagawa
     /  edited November 25
    same issue with Samsung EVO Plus card and SanDisk. Both cards are fine. There are no issue with other device. Just quite intermitted with this phone.