Android Messages (Default messaging app) Not compatible anymore on the device as Play Store says.

Lately, I have discovered that the default messaging app which is the android messages doesn't appear on playstore searches and I have found out that its not compatible anymore on the device as it is stated on red text on playstore.

Android Messages (Default messaging app) Not compatible anymore on the device as Play Store says.

stork321 stork321
✭✭  / 
Lately, I have discovered that the default messaging app which is the android messages doesn't appear on playstore searches and I have found out that its not compatible anymore on the device as it is stated on red text on playstore. Is this also present on your Nokia 7 Plus' guys or is it only me? 

Comments

• Deerp Deerp
    ✭✭  / 
    @stork321 this is a problem affecting a lot of other Nokia phones. It may not be much compensation to you but know this, there are a lot of people affected by this. I have a Nokia 1 and my Google play store not only has made my messages app disappear like yours but also uninstalled all updates so mine is the same version as it would be if I factory reset my phone leaving me with two options neither of which I want to do - do nothing and wait in the hope Google/Nokia actually gets their heads out the sand and finally realise that at least 6 different Nokia smartphones all having the exact same incompatability issues isn't really a massive coinsidence or sideload an APK and end up somehow downloading the wrong build making my problems even worse.

I will add your details to the very lengthy list of users and phones that I created over in Google Support and hope that a Google employee spots the list and actually offers support. It's a bit of a long shot but we can live in hope can't we? 

😉
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here. And we are supposed to be an Android One device. What a joke. In the name of fast updates and stock Android we are getting a quite buggy experience. Atleast I can say this from my experience of Nokia 7+.
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This issue is being reported for most Nokia smartphone models. I can confirm it is not impacting on the functionality of my 7 Plus so I would suggest you do not try to uninstall Messages. Discussion seems to indicate it is an issue between only Nokia devices and the Play store.. It is discussed at some length in the Nokia 1 community. Link is: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/52399/nokia-1-suddenly-incompatible-with-google-messages-app#latest