Nokia 6.1 Wifi AC standard

Hi, I would like to know if the WiFi 802.11ac standard is supported on the Nokia 6.1.

Nokia 6.1 Wifi AC standard

Hi,

I would like to know if the WiFi 802.11ac standard is supported on the Nokia 6.1. On the website and gsmarena says it is b/g/n but the processor is capable of ac. Also, is it able to see the 5GHz connections?

Thanks.

Comments

• jim in pa jim in pa
    ✭✭  / 

802.11 b/g/n only, ac is not supported. It does see both the 2.4 and 5GHz band.

• user1529883076460 user1529883076460
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, does see 5 GHz 802.11ac connections but does not connect to them. Once entered the password for it, the connection will immediately drop upon connecting to it.

Don't know how it's showing 5 GHz 802.11ac access points if they aren't supported.
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 24

I have 2 networks in my house, 1 SSID ******H and 1 ******H5. The last one is 5Ghz and n/ac. The phone is connected to the 5 Ghz with the N protocol. 

• How do you know is on 5 GHz with n protocol? Where to look please? I am on 5 GHz too. Very week signal, at ~10 meters in plain field the connection is lost.
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 26

Good news, I changed the bandwidth to 80Mhz only on my router. That's only available on 5Ghz 801.11ac. The phone still connected on Wifi, link speed at around 390 Mbps. Besides that, I enabled Hotspot 5Ghz on the phone and connected with the laptop. Network info on laptop showed protocol 801.11ac.

There was a lot of confusion because Nokia "forgot" the ac in the specifications. They added it now on the website.