Welcome the new badges; Are more reactions incoming?!

I just saw the introduction of some brand new badges on the community. The new ones are colorful, but a bit unmatched to the UX of the existing badges.

Welcome the new badges; Are more reactions incoming?!

singhnsk singhnsk ✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 10
I just saw the introduction of some brand new badges on the community. The new ones are colorful, but a bit unmatched to the UX of the existing badges. So, probably the old ones need an upgrade too now. @madbilly congrats on being the proud holder of 1000 and 1500 like sbadges. You're the only one reaching there!
I checked the badges page, and there are some brand new badges which suggest that there will be some brand new reactions too.

• Awesome
  • Insightful
  • Up Vote
I am looking forward to the Up Vote reaction. They can be a replacement to Thanks, something that I believe is needed because if an answer helps somebody, that is the most common reaction. Also, I hope that the up-votes work differently in threads, which are asked as a question. The system should sort the replies by upvotes. So that a more useful answer to the question can be up-voted and brought as one of the initial responses. Kind of how Reddit works or most other answer based platforms, including Quora.
@HMD_Laura. I hope I did not ruin your surprise! I'd wanna know what else are you planning there? Are we seeing yet another major update to the community?

Comments

• madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk! Thanks for the shout. I'm not entirely sure that 1500 likes is worth a badge... I think it one posts as much as me then eventually someone will click the button! :D
    I agree with what you ask and hope for regarding the new reactions. I think that Upvote is good, but isn't Awesome just like Like x10? And Insightful like Like aswell?
    I think that @HMDLaura is used to us ruining her surprises now :disappointed:
    Cheers :)
  • singhnsk singhnsk ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly Well, still, some people get disagrees and flags instead. Your content is mostly alwys balanced out and informative. I like that you have so many likes!
    Yeah the new reactions can be a bit too much. Or maybe they will become fun. Like an overlay underneath like button to choose between Awesome or Insightful, much like how facebook hides different kinds of reactions under the like button. We'll have to see how it is implemented, if ever. Their initial earnings start at 1000 though. Looks like not something easy to collect :D