Nokia 9 Pureview back cover separating

Today I noticed that my Nokia 9 was trying to escape its Lastu birch case.

Nokia 9 Pureview back cover separating

Steve Wadidiz Morris Steve Wadidiz Morris
✭✭  /  edited October 13
Today I noticed that my Nokia 9 was trying to escape its Lastu birch case. When I went to carefully re-insert it into the case I noticed that the back cover was separating from the phone body, coming unglued. It doesn't want to go back in place. I have never dropped it, sat on it, bent it, have kept it in my front pocket--never back--and it's been kept in an expensive Lastu case since Day One. This doesn't bode well. The telephone operates smoothly but looks like it was put together with cheap glue in some cellar. Note: those reflections are not dents.
Tagged:

Comments

• Anyone else? Because of overheating maybe?
  • Kirti Arora Kirti Arora
    ✭✭  / 
    Probably it maybe due to battery swelling, visit Nokia Care as soon as possible and report it. If they take it for sending it to company for further testing, please request for a replacement to them & through email also, as it maybe dangerous to use the same device. (Request for replacement only if u have warranty left with your phone.).
  • Steve Wadidiz Morris Steve Wadidiz Morris
    ✭✭  /  edited October 14
    Nokia Care issued a return to repair authorization and I sent it today. We'll see how it goes. It is obviously a major hassle to have to dump everything while waiting. It takes weeks--months for me--to build up today's smartphones to "normal" usage setting and apps. Re-thinking ever buying directly from the maker again. Smartphones have become too key for everyday life.
  • youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭  / 
    How did this pan out? Did you get a replacement ?