Nokia 6.1 Plus USB port charging problem

Two out of two 6.1 Plus having charging problems. The problem seems to be widespread.The reason is definitely a weak USB port that cannot stand standard use.

Nokia 6.1 Plus USB port charging problem

mferla mferla
✭✭  / 
Two out of two 6.1 Plus having charging problems. The problem seems to be widespread.
The reason is definitely a weak USB port that cannot stand standard use. After a few weeks or months, no way how careful and gentle you are trying to be when plugging in the charger end, the USB port on the phone will become loose. I see no reason to send the phone for weeks of repair under warranty, if the design of the board is the same.

NOKIA, please consider to test how strong or weak the USB port on the 6.1 Plus is, and consider to recall the product, or at least to make available a new improved version of the USB charging board for durable replacement.

NOKIA has always been famous for its reliable hardware, hope this will improve on Android phones too, or should we all go back to other brands?
Tagged:

Comments

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mferla said:
    Two out of two 6.1 Plus having charging problems. The problem seems to be widespread.
    The reason is definitely a weak USB port that cannot stand standard use. After a few weeks or months, no way how careful and gentle you are trying to be when plugging in the charger end, the USB port on the phone will become loose. I see no reason to send the phone for weeks of repair under warranty, if the design of the board is the same.

NOKIA, please consider to test how strong or weak the USB port on the 6.1 Plus is, and consider to recall the product, or at least to make available a new improved version of the USB charging board for durable replacement.

NOKIA has always been famous for its reliable hardware, hope this will improve on Android phones too, or should we all go back to other brands?
    Doesn't matter how many times may you repair that port it again fails. I waited for more than month to get repaired. Every time when i visited service center they said we don't have any supply of charging ports. And if you're phone is not under warranty then they are asking for money. Why to pay the over[riced amount for faulty ports?
  • Sagar1703 Sagar1703
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue Here..
  • Its not problem of chargging port.problem is in chargging stock cable provide in the box.change your chargging cable instude of nokia stock cable.once you replace your faulted chargging port (PCB) dont ever use nokia stock cable.
  • Rahul ds Rahul ds
    ✭✭  / 
    mferla said:

totally agree with you. we should never buy nokia handset in future. what is the use of regular security updates if we can't charge the battery to use the handset.
  • mferla mferla
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia? Knock Nok?

Are you there to listen to you customers?

Dear Nokia, can you please tell us if you have managed to produce a better, stronger and more reliable version of the USB chraging port module for the Nokia 6.1 Plus (and other models too, according to what I read on blogs)?

Can you make it available at "political" price for disappointed users?

Like one component for a couple of USD per each verified IMIEI?

I will be happy to receive it and replace it by myself, rather than buying anotjher phone, or sending the phone for a few weeks in whatever country there is a Nokia centre. At least give the option to do so.

Looking forward to receive your [Nokia] kind response.

Your humble customer.

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭  / 

Actually their are problem with both charging port and charging cable also... In very first time they used charging port half then other brands charging port socket, and it's cant hold good grip with cable for long time, and due to day to day use it's got loose after so many cycle of use . Now they are using different type of charging socket problem in new Nokia device, this charging socket problem majorly with Nokia 5.1 & 6.1 plus , Nokia 7 plus like old device's