Petition - Nokia 6 official bootloader unlock #Nokia6NewLife - Page 2

My Nokia 6 is telling me system UI isn't responding. Went to Nokia office and I was to pay ten thousand naira just to change my Nokia 6 software.

Petition - Nokia 6 official bootloader unlock #Nokia6NewLife

Comments

• Benedict1111 Benedict1111
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 6 is telling me system UI isn't responding. Went to Nokia office and I was to pay ten thousand naira just to change my Nokia 6 software. Tecno do something like this free of charge even when your phone is out of warranty.

I am deeply disappointed because I saved my hard earned money to buy Nokia since I no it for durability but the reverse is now the case.

My loudspeaker is bad and Nokia agents said I will pay five thousand naira just to replace mare loud speaker.

I don't have money any where, I use several months to pay for the purchase of this device

Nokia please help me.

• borxes2009 borxes2009
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 6 по своим характеристикам очень хороший боец среднего веса даже в 2020. Если вы прекращаете обновление Android, будьте добры дать владельцам возможность пользоваться другими os. Мы прекрасно понимаем риски.

# Nokia6NewLife

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @jkeloltri1 I completely agree with you on the environmental aspects - if HMD are serious then they should provide the official bootloader unlock method so we can extend the secure life of these smartphones.

Hi @Benedict1111 the best I can suggest is trying to buy a damaged/faulty Nokia 6 on Ebay or similar website and then learn how to disassemble it and get spares for your phone. For the software, you can get what you need in various places, e.g. here: https://fih-firmware.hikaricalyx.com/index_en.html

Cheers 🙂

• B3nji B3nji
    ✭✭  / 

#Nokia6NewLife

• #Nokia6NewLife

• Nokia 6 God Bless 😇

• user123 user123
    ✭✭✭  / 

@madbilly @HMDLaura

Do you have any hope that HMD will BOOTLOADER UNLOCK??

Even after we beg them they were not listening ,not responding means its waste of investment on Nokia phones

Nokia Phones have good design with better hardware but the unavailability of BOOTLOADER UNLOCK and their ignorance towards development community making device waste after two years

• dinoas dinoas
    ✭✭  / 

#Nokia6NewLife

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 11

Ask @dipankar paul and @HMDLaura, they seem to be the only HMD employees active in this site.

But who am I kidding, HMD will go bankrupt before they'd even talk about bootloader unlocking ever again. Way to shat on developers @juho

sigh

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @user123,

To provide an official method would need HMD to pay some developers. The Nokia 8 method required an Android platform developer, an Android app developer and a web app developer. That's three people to pay (or one jack of all trades) to get this set up for one phone. Juho basically said in Dubai that they won't do it because they didn't see enough take up of the Nokia 8 and it takes too much resources for them to do it.

Another method would be to release an update which removes the need for a security key to unlock the bootloader, which would only need a platform developer. This option seems much more sensible for the 6 Amazon and the 2 as they are no longer getting updates and I can't believe any would still be in warranty (or that HMD would actually be that bothered by the potential increase in risk of realising this this small liability).

Cheers 🙂

• user123 user123
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yes, I will agree if BOOTLAODER unlock is intended for only one device then investing on 3 resource will be huge and waste, but HMD now has nearly 15+ devices which may become more as the time goes ,so investing on 3 resources for providing support for all the devices will not be costlier and we are paying for the device support should be given from their end or atleast they have to make the security like google (Single command will unlock the bootloader)