HMD is officially helping Google

Hi all,HMD will officially help Google defend itself against the EU fine for anti-competitive behaviour it received last year:

HMD is officially helping Google

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
HMD will officially help Google defend itself against the EU fine for anti-competitive behaviour it received last year: https://www.silicon.co.uk/mobility/mobile-os/google-backing-eu-antitrust-appeal-295091/amp
Personally I'm pretty disappointed about this, but I suppose given HMD's affinity with Android One it's no surprise that they will support Google's push to make its apps and services ubiquitous. I presume that 1) The bigger Android phone brands either don't want to get involved or actually agree with the EU and 2) that Google are giving HMD a good deal on future licence fees ;) If 2) is not the case then HMd must be really desperate, because standing in front of the EU and visibly support Google's practices won't give them a good image (in the EU's eyes).
Well, I think the fine will stand in the end and I hope that this benefit is worth the risks that HMD are taking here.
Cheers :)

Comments

• Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm inclined to think that Google secretly has a deal with HMD :naughty:
  • Amit03 Amit03
    ✭✭  / 
    After October Security update in the Indian Variant Nokia 6.1 Plus I have reset my device and while configuring with Google prebundled apps some malware also getting installed which we can't uncheck. These malwares are Dailyhunt, PhonePe and Sharechat. Can anyone help me to get rid of these malwares?
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Amit03 said:
    After October Security update in the Indian Variant Nokia 6.1 Plus I have reset my device and while configuring with Google prebundled apps some malware also getting installed which we can't uncheck. These malwares are Dailyhunt, PhonePe and Sharechat. Can anyone help me to get rid of these malwares?

If these apps got installed without permission sounds like you got some malware on your phone from previous activities or content you loaded.  Backup and factory reset without restore 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @matteblack believes that these apps come from Chrome, which is a kind of malware (depending on your definition) :D
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @matteblack believes that these apps come from Chrome, which is a kind of malware (depending on your definition) :D

Chrome does not install programs or extensions without user permissions.  The page in the my phone app suggests apps based on some collected information which is harmless the issue is the user said apps were installed which is a sure sign of a security issue on the phone.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @jdi000 that's interesting. I honestly don't know more about the issue than I've rad on the forums, but @MatteBlacke seems to know more so I hope they can explain.