Nokia 8.1 charging issue

After 9 month of using the Nokia 8.1,a phone I love so much, I've now started to have a problem.

Nokia 8.1 charging issue

Sandy1593 Sandy1593
✭✭  / 
After 9 month of using the Nokia 8.1,a phone I love so much, I've now started to have a problem. When plugged into my PC it often disconnects itself and then reconnects. The charging port does have some wiggle, just like all other Nokia phones out there. This problem doesn't happen when plugged into mains with standard Nokia charger. I've tried 3 cables into my PC and charger both but issue still occurs and is totally random. I wiggle the cable about and nothing happens, then an hour later it randomly disconnects by itself. Sometimes it disconnects when I pick it up or move it, other times when it is just sitting there. Charging port and USB ports all clean and tried 3 cables. Thankfully it doesn't happen with mains charger but am worried in time in may do. Am starting to become not very confident in Nokia lately under HMD, they seem to have the same problems in all their handsets. Just when I think things are going swimmingly well then something happens. Not happy 

Comments

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    Same happened to mine, always fine with main charger and kept disconnecting through PC. I purchased a new £5 cable from a store near me, and since then 2 months ago, not a single issue the cable I purchased was tighter fit. And no Nokia haven't had the same issue in all their handsets 
  • I have similar issue with charging on the phone, with the twist the phone charges better when switched off than when phone switched on..I had given for servicing on similar issues in Dec 2019..am getting irritated on having to work around the charging