Lock screen sometimes does not work - poses security risk

I just bought my Nokia 8.2, and it workds wonderfully, except a couple minor things.

Lock screen sometimes does not work - poses security risk

Ffrree Ffrree
✭✭  / 
I just bought my Nokia 8.2, and it workds wonderfully, except a couple minor things. But this one really bugs me, because it poses a security problem in the event that lost the phone.

The screen does not work reliably.  I set the screen lock to work after 30 sec inactivity.  I notice quite a number of times, after putting it in the pocket for a few minutes, when I look at it again, the screen did not lock. Not to mention this is draining power, but anyone picked up my phone could have gained full control.  For example, this morning, I just had it open up a web page in the Chrome browser, and let it sit on the table for a few minutes, nothing happened, it just stay awake, screen in full display.

I checked the settings again, and again, nothing would stop it from locking, SMART LOCK is off, so it wouldn't have stopped it from locking because it thinks it is in my pocket.

Where else should I look?
cheers

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Ffrree

Which phone are you referring to? If you boot into safe mode and try this with chrome or message app or Gmail does the phone lock after the set time?