Comparison | Photos taken with Nokia 7.2 using Night Mode (Nokia 7.2 vs Vivo Z1 Pro)

I am not a heavy user of the night mode feature on current smartphones but this neat feature can help normal users get bright and clear images during night time without having to play with different settings in the Pro Mode.

Comparison | Photos taken with Nokia 7.2 using Night Mode (Nokia 7.2 vs Vivo Z1 Pro)

Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
✭✭✭✭  / 
I am not a heavy user of the night mode feature on current smartphones but this neat feature can help normal users get bright and clear images during night time without having to play with different settings in the Pro Mode. Also, the Pro Mode requires a tripod and with a dedicated Night Mode you can capture bright images of your gang without a need of a tripod which makes this a much handy feature.

Here are some quick comparison shots captured using the Night Mode on Nokia 7.2 and the Vivo Z1 Pro.

Image Comparison 1

In this image, both Nokia 7.2 and the Vivo Z1 Pro have kind of blurred the trees that are far behind. The leaves on the right and in the centre appear much clearer on the Nokia 7.2. The leaves at the centre in the images taken by Vivo look washed out. Overall, the image taken from Nokia 7.2 looks much balanced.

Image Comparison 2:

Wave goodbye to Durga Ma. I don't have to say anything on this image as the image speaks for itself. The colours and the details are much better in the image taken from Nokia 7.2 as compared to the image taken by Vivo Z1 Pro which is overexposed. Nokia 7.2 produces a well-balanced image overall. Look at the street lights in the image taken by Vivo Z1 Pro and you will instantly notice lens flare (I always clean the lens on both phones before capturing the images). 

Image Comparison 3

This is a difficult image to judge as both phones did better but Nokia 7.2 shines when it comes to bringing out the minute details. ZOOM IN on the front board of the stall and you can clearly read what's written below Ice Breakers inside the circle on the image taken from Nokia 7.2. Whereas, image from Vivo does too much of softening reducing the sharpness to an extent that it is very difficult to read the minute text.

Image Comparison 4

In this image, I feel Nokia 7.2 does better with accurate white balance that goes with the yellow street light making the overall image look better than what Vivo's Z1 Pro has produced. Also, all the street lights appear round in the image from Nokia 7.2 whereas in the image taken by the Vivo Z1 Pro the street lights in the background look like UFO''s. 

Image Comparison 5

Both the phones did well in this image but Nokia 7.2 produces a sharper image. You can read the number plate of the taxi parked on the left side in the image taken by Nokia 7.2 while Vivo Z1 Pro just blurred the number plate making it impossible to read. As I said in the "Image Comparison 4" above, Nokia 7.2 softens the image which can be seen in this image as well. However, Nokia 7.2 keeps the details which makes it a clear winner here.

Night Mode can be very helpful in the normal evening time lighting conditions when you are out with your friends. You can click some really bright shots but you have to keep your hands steady till the phone captures all the frames. Night mode captures multiple images with a combination of High ISO and Low ISO shots and fuses them together to produce the final image. In the case of Nokia 7.2, it is capable of capturing up to 20 frames when mounted on a tripod.

Night modes on mid-range smartphones cannot match the quality of GCam which has loads of data and AI stuff at its disposal. So, there is always room for improvements and Nokia Mobile can further improve it and try to bring it as close to GCam as possible in terms of quality. 

So, these were some Night Mode comparison images showing the low light capabilities of the Nokia 7.2 as compared to the competition. I hope you all liked it. :)

Comments

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am not a heavy user of the night mode feature on current smartphones but this neat feature can help normal users get bright and clear images during night time without having to play with different settings in the Pro Mode. Also, the Pro Mode requires a tripod and with a dedicated Night Mode you can capture bright images of your gang without a need of a tripod which makes this a much handy feature.

Here are some quick comparison shots captured using the Night Mode on Nokia 7.2 and the Vivo Z1 Pro.

Image Comparison 1

In this image, both Nokia 7.2 and the Vivo Z1 Pro have kind of blurred the trees that are far behind. The leaves on the right and in the centre appear much clearer on the Nokia 7.2. The leaves at the centre in the images taken by Vivo look washed out. Overall, the image taken from Nokia 7.2 looks much balanced.

Image Comparison 2:

Wave goodbye to Durga Ma. I don't have to say anything on this image as the image speaks for itself. The colours and the details are much better in the image taken from Nokia 7.2 as compared to the image taken by Vivo Z1 Pro which is overexposed. Nokia 7.2 produces a well-balanced image overall. Look at the street lights in the image taken by Vivo Z1 Pro and you will instantly notice lens flare (I always clean the lens on both phones before capturing the images). 

Image Comparison 3

This is a difficult image to judge as both phones did better but Nokia 7.2 shines when it comes to bringing out the minute details. ZOOM IN on the front board of the stall and you can clearly read what's written below Ice Breakers inside the circle on the image taken from Nokia 7.2. Whereas, image from Vivo does too much of softening reducing the sharpness to an extent that it is very difficult to read the minute text.

Image Comparison 4

In this image, I feel Nokia 7.2 does better with accurate white balance that goes with the yellow street light making the overall image look better than what Vivo's Z1 Pro has produced. Also, all the street lights appear round in the image from Nokia 7.2 whereas in the image taken by the Vivo Z1 Pro the street lights in the background look like UFO''s. 

Image Comparison 5

Both the phones did well in this image but Nokia 7.2 produces a sharper image. You can read the number plate of the taxi parked on the left side in the image taken by Nokia 7.2 while Vivo Z1 Pro just blurred the number plate making it impossible to read. As I said in the "Image Comparison 4" above, Nokia 7.2 softens the image which can be seen in this image as well. However, Nokia 7.2 keeps the details which makes it a clear winner here.

Night Mode can be very helpful in the normal evening time lighting conditions when you are out with your friends. You can click some really bright shots but you have to keep your hands steady till the phone captures all the frames. Night mode captures multiple images with a combination of High ISO and Low ISO shots and fuses them together to produce the final image. In the case of Nokia 7.2, it is capable of capturing up to 20 frames when mounted on a tripod.

Night modes on mid-range smartphones cannot match the quality of GCam which has loads of data and AI stuff at its disposal. So, there is always room for improvements and Nokia Mobile can further improve it and try to bring it as close to GCam as possible in terms of quality. 

So, these were some Night Mode comparison images showing the low light capabilities of the Nokia 7.2 as compared to the competition. I hope you all liked it. :)
    Damn. This 7.2 camera is so good. The fine details even at night are so impressive from Nokia. The shapness, picture quality and overall colour is awesome. Vivo shoots looks like artificially smoothened, Good work buddy....