July security patch

Has anyone already received the security patch for July ?, I have the model TA-1068

July security patch

Eduardo Eduardo
 / 
Has anyone already received the security patch for July ?, I have the model TA-1068

Comments

• user1529883076460 user1529883076460
    ✭✭  / 
    No I haven't either with a TA-1068.I didn't see this thread before posting this https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000030946

I guess I was to slow in typing it! There must be a blocking issue, I hope they have identified and resolved it. I also asked about Android P, and and why 802.11ac 5 GHz networks are visible but not connectable. If they truly aren't supported they shouldn't be showing.
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I am using Nokia 6.1 TA-1089 and I Got July Security Patch On 16 July 2018.Now I am On July Security Patch.
  • Kirito Kirito
     / 
    Yes, model TA-1068.
    I got the July Update a few minutes ago.
    AT&T México and Telcel
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yep, same here TA-1043 (KPN Netherlands) version 00WW_2_22E_SP01

✭✭  / 
    Same here!  Hopefully August will download in a timely manner when released!
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 3

Personally I think those monthly security update are a little overrated. 6 months is better I think. Gives manufactures time to test the firmware with less pressure from angry users....

✭✭  / 
    That defeats the purpose of Android One. People refer to all the software on the phone as firmware. There is Nokia firmware (literally the phone BIOS, like a computer), and then the OS software, which is usually custom since it's open source and makes updating a lot more difficult. There is also a third thing, the driver packages, but ideally they shouldn't be affected unless there is an API!/framework change. Security updates should be relatively easy to apply, Google have improved this greatly with further improvements likely.
  • ta_nok_forum ta_nok_forum
     / 

I got that update too today. (TA-1043 with Telekom and Vodafone Germany SIMs) Unfortunately they didn't sneak in some fixes like options for VoLTE/VoWIFI, adding the missing setting in the launcher etc.

• jim in pa jim in pa
    ✭✭  / 

July security update received for TA-1045, download size 87.7 MB. Took about 20 minutes from start to finish to update.

• Tomorama Tomorama
     / 

I agree that it isn't really necessary to have them every month - every few months would be fine depending on what security issues are oustanding.

But they really need to work on bug fixing.  Personally, I find it annoying that smart unlock (location) doesn't work on this phone.

And many people have their fingers crossed that this July update fixes the camera.  Having such a badly broken camera is really unacceptable.

• maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 

It's just a security fix. No bug fix, although, there's nothing to fix on my phone except Bluetooth cell service reconnecting when leaving a underground parking.

• user1528904812111 user1528904812111
    ✭✭  / 

Anyone else in the US who has not received the July update?  I'm still on June and I wonder if it's across the board or just my lemon of a phone?

• tollbooth tollbooth
     / 

I'm in Canada and I haven't received the July update. I have the 6.1 Model TA-1016, Android 8.1.0 with June update. Hope they're not forgetting about us in North America.

• I'm on the US 6.1 and have Cricket, at&t mvno. I haven't received any July patch either
  • Tomorama Tomorama
     / 

Am in Canada too and I got the update, but I'm using TA-1045 - the US model.  I guess your TA-1016 is international model and that one hasn't got the update yet?

• I have the US TA-1045 from Best buy. I've tried taking out some card and resting. Also manually checking several times a day.
  • user1528904812111 user1528904812111
    ✭✭  / 

Again, I repeat...I'm on Wifi-only, no sim card and I haven't received the July update.  I WAS using a MVNO sim card but since now I'm on Wifi, doesn't that indicate it's not sim or carrier-related?

• xyzzy xyzzy
     /  edited July 31
    In the Us with a TA-1045 and no update, and I have been checking several times a day
  • Kriskuthu Kriskuthu
     / 
    I also don't receive update for July, I m using 1089
  • Snacko Snacko
     / 

TA-1043 Central Europe, no update so far.

• Loads of us here in the UK with a Ta-1050 have not received the July update
  • Hopefully they have fixed the issue and the August updates are released in a timely manner. I suspect we may have to wait a few days or so after availability of the August update by Google as it's likely to be a maintenance and security release.