Front Camera after Android 10 update

What I noticed is that, the Nokia 8.1 front camera performance degraded a lot after Android 10 update. But no fixing is releaed yet from HMD global.

Front Camera after Android 10 update

pure view pure view
✭✭  /  edited October 17
What I noticed is that, the Nokia 8.1 front camera performance degraded a lot after Android 10 update. But no fixing is releaed yet from HMD global. Now the front camera performance is really worst I have ever seen. Whereas earlier, i.e. before update the front camera was excellent.Please fix the issue..

Comments

• Wanderlust Wanderlust
    ✭✭✭  / 
    pure view said:
    What I noticed is that, the Nokia 8.1 front camera performance degraded a lot after Android 10 update. But no fixing is releaed yet from HMD global. Now the front camera performance is really worst I have ever seen. Whereas earlier, i.e. before update the front camera was excellent.Please fix the issue..
    Try factory reset first don;t know it will help you or not but still you can give a try.

• pure view pure view
    ✭✭  / 
    This is not really possible to do factory reset all the time..This will erase all the content in the phone. Otherwise I have to take backup and lot of other headech will be there. 

So I thnik the fixing from company side through any program upgradation will be more wise and convenient. 

Such initiatives from company will not only helpful for user but also benifcial for company. Because, this is the way through which user will gain there belief towards the company... Such address of issues are really necessary.. otherwise it will be like any other low graded company who doesn't care about their customer.
  • er.photo er.photo
    ✭✭  / 
    pure view said:
    This is not really possible to do factory reset all the time..This will erase all the content in the phone. Otherwise I have to take backup and lot of other headech will be there. 

So I thnik the fixing from company side through any program upgradation will be more wise and convenient. 

Such initiatives from company will not only helpful for user but also benifcial for company. Because, this is the way through which user will gain there belief towards the company... Such address of issues are really necessary.. otherwise it will be like any other low graded company who doesn't care about their customer.
    Only factory reset for setting is enough sometime not that full hard reset (needs backup).

Also you can wait for next update to get it fixed
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Front camera has always been pants on the 8.1 from the start. Best front camera was Nokia 8 which also had auto focus too
  • pure view pure view
    ✭✭  / 
    I just want to know whether any of you of Nokia 8.1 user have face this issue with front camera...please let me know....let's hope NOKIA will come up with a solution soon
  • Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
    ✭✭  / 
    pure view said:
    I just want to know whether any of you of Nokia 8.1 user have face this issue with front camera...please let me know....let's hope NOKIA will come up with a solution soon
    The front camera just smoothes the face even the beauty mode is turned off. The view finder shows the good quality but when we take a picture it over sharps a lot
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    Front camera has always been pants on the 8.1 from the start. Best front camera was Nokia 8 which also had auto focus too
    However the Nokia 8 front camera (and rear to be fair) is absolutely garbage in anything but perfect light.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    pure view said:
    The front camera just smoothes the face even the beauty mode is turned off. The view finder shows the good quality but when we take a picture it over sharps a lot
    Depends on the light, as the ISO increases details starts to vanish as all the noise removal processing kicks in. I used the selfie camera lot last week while on holiday and in adequate light it was more than acceptable with individual pores being visible on our faces.
  • Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
    ✭✭  / 
    MrBelter said:
    pure view said:
    Depends on the light, as the ISO increases details starts to vanish as all the noise removal processing kicks in. I used the selfie camera lot last week while on holiday and in adequate light it was more than acceptable with individual pores being visible on our faces.
    Well that's what I wanted. I tested in the indoor & outdoor conditions, but the result is same as expected. I can't see the pores on my face instead it really smoothens my face. Really it felt like I took a selfie on a Xiaomi or Vivo kind of smartphones. And I admit that this is all happening only after Android 10 update. 
  • pure view pure view
    ✭✭  / 
    Well..so we need to wait for the next update from Nokia...Let's see what company will offer for its customer...