Issues after downgrading from Android P DP3 to Oreo 8.1

I recently signed in for Android P Developer Preview 3. After using for two days I downgraded to Oreo 8.1 with April Security patches.

Issues after downgrading from Android P DP3 to Oreo 8.1

saumya1992 saumya1992
 /  edited July 24

I recently signed in for Android P Developer Preview 3. After using for two days I downgraded to Oreo 8.1 with April Security patches. When I check for updates it shows that April Security patch is the latest patch available. I also tried to update with VPN installed still no luck. Please someone help me.

Comments

• mehtasameer2087 mehtasameer2087
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You have to do the below, this is what I did add the below steps are my post on Facebook group

guys I updated my phone to may patch from sideload method
    1.rolled back to 2.13b factory software from dp3
    2.unregistered my phone from developer program
    3.downloaded the ota zip file to computer.
    4.updated it thru ADB sideload method.
    5.after updating went to devoloper options on phone and disabled automatic system updates so I dont roll back again to 2.13b market relase.

now downloading the June & July patch.
    the phone is working fine with dual 4g and other updates no issues as of now,however if you do check system updates you will get a notification to roll back ,which can be ignored until Nokia fixes this and August roll out is done.

Reference link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-plus/development/ota-nokia-7-plus-ota-links-t3818774
  • sandeep sandeep
     / 

Is this update is release by Nokia? is this is trust-able? 

✭✭✭  / 
    They are official releases captured by user, I am one of the users of it, absolutely no issues, you can just disable automatic updates once you install the patches. Please proceed as written only, downgrade fun ota, then unregister, flash the patches and it is done, you will get revert notification again that you have to ignore until Nokia fixes the market release to July update, the problem is once you fill back it will go back to market release not the latest patch. It's a problem on Nokia servers that needs to be upgraded
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you want you can confirm the issue with Nokia support