Proximity sensor does not work correctly

I am facing an issue, even after calling the screen is not getting lit, i ihought something will be blocking the proximity sensor but it is not.

Proximity sensor does not work correctly

Mr.Nair Mr.Nair
✭✭  / 
I am facing an issue, even after calling the screen is not getting lit, i ihought something will be blocking the proximity sensor but it is not. There is nothing that cover the proximity sensor, I am facing this issue in low light condition(in a room without light)
Tagged:

Comments

• udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Something may be covering the sensor, check if you have tempered glass, remove and test it
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A glass screen protector can impact this.  What exactly is the issue you have and when.  Did you boot into safe mode and try ?
  • Tsapana Tsapana
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same issue. And many users from 4pda.ru (nokia 7.2 topic). This is very frustrating problem. I found that disabling face recognition helps a bit.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Tsapana said:
    I have the same issue. And many users from 4pda.ru (nokia 7.2 topic). This is very frustrating problem. I found that disabling face recognition helps a bit.
    What is the exact issue you are seeing please explain what is not working as expected?  Did you boot into safe mode and try it?  I have see apps effect the prox sensor and cause issues. Do you have a screen protector on the phone?
  • Mr.Nair Mr.Nair
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

thank you for the response.

Its been late, still I have the issue. The actual issue for example, when I try to hear a WhatsApp voice message, usually we click the play button and make the phone near our ears, and the screen should go off and the voice will be heard through the speaker on the top, but even if I am in a dark room the screen wont go off some time and the audio will be played through the main speakers.

No I haven't tried safe mode since this wasn't happening all the time. when I notice such issue I shall do and revert back with the experiance.