Device not certified

My nokia 7.1 shows ' device not certified ' in play protect ( play store ) , also unable to install few apps e.g . Netflix. 

Device not certified

Rohitdd Rohitdd
✭✭  / 
My nokia 7.1 shows ' device not certified ' in play protect ( play store ) , also unable to install few apps e.g . Netflix. 

Facing this issue after a repair at service center .

Comments

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Rohitdd said:

Facing this issue after a repair at service center .
    Go to service centre and ask them to Install the older version of current.(Because they flashed your phone and deleted certificate data). After that your device will work normally and play store will not show the same error. 
  • Rohitdd Rohitdd
    ✭✭  / 
    The issue has been resolved by downgrading to Oreo , works fine now 
  • Einzylinder Einzylinder
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi, I'm facing the same issue after a repair at a service center. My device was stucking in download mode (https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/50505/july-update-received-for-nokia-7-1). When it came back it has the patch level of August 2019. Since then it didn't got any updates (end of October). And now I have to send it in again to get the certification back they messed up repairing it? This is unbelievable.

• Alex Aston-Dive Alex Aston-Dive
     /  edited November 20
    Any ideas on how to fix this "Device not certain" issue without sending it away again, as Nokia broke it last time and Nokia support are well their usual standard.
  • Alex Aston-Dive Alex Aston-Dive
     /  edited November 20
    I broke my screen and sent it to Foxconn via Nokia to be repaired. It came back and only after I tried to install Netflix did I realise they have flashed it with some dodgy operating system, what else have they snuck onto my phone. Nokia / Foxconn need to immediately investigate the issue and rectify it. They need to contact everyone who now has probably got uncertified phone.
  • itsKumaresh itsKumaresh
    ✭✭  / 

I'm facing the same problem too. For some charging issue I was repaired my Nokia 6.1Plus device from an authorised Nokia Care. After getting my device back I have seen the security patch is 1August2019. From then I haven't received any update.

Anyone can please suggest what to do

• itsKumaresh itsKumaresh
    ✭✭  /