Confusion in regards of "LTE" vs "4G" Icon.

Hello Community.

Confusion in regards of "LTE" vs "4G" Icon.

jeffianfm jeffianfm
✭✭✭  / 
Hello Community.

May I know why NOKIA Android Phones mostly displayed as "4G" besides the Left-Triangle instead of "LTE" when Cellular Data is active.

I'm from Philippines and 85% of the Country are now covered already to LTE. I hope can someone answers this.

Comments

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jeffianfm said:
    Hello Community.

May I know why NOKIA Android Phones mostly displayed as "4G" besides the Left-Triangle instead of "LTE" when Cellular Data is active.

I'm from Philippines and 85% of the Country are now covered already to LTE. I hope can someone answers this.

LTE stands for Long-term Evolution, and isn’t as much a technology as it is the path followed to achieve 4G speeds. For a long time, when your phone displayed the “4G” symbol in the upper right corner, it didn’t really mean it. When the ITU-R set the minimum speeds for 4G, they were a bit unreachable, despite the amount of money tech manufacturers put into achieving them. In response, the regulating body decided that LTE, the name given to the technology used in pursuit of those standards, could be labeled as 4G if it provided a substantial improvement over the 3G technology.
    Immediately networks began advertising their connections as 4G LTE, a marketing technique that allowed them to claim next-gen connectivity without having to reach the actual required number first.
  • jeffianfm jeffianfm
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Okay. It clarifies me now.

[But] when I enable the Demo Mode (Developer Mode) the Icon will forced to display "LTE" instead of "4G".

That's why it's very confusing that Demo Mode has "LTE" Icon so maybe the NOKIA Android Phone can Display Itself as LTE where available.

I have NOKIA 5 and NOKIA 5.1 Plus.