EVENWELL

My Nokia 7.1 has always been terrible with ram management (I couldn't hold more than one or two small apps in ram).

EVENWELL

Caillean Byrne Caillean Byrne
✭✭  / 
My Nokia 7.1 has always been terrible with ram management (I couldn't hold more than one or two small apps in ram). Recently I've been monitoring running and background apps via the developer settings and it was definitely killing background apps way to aggressively.

Looked through my system apps and I found heaps of evenwell apps! Followed another posts instructions to disable the ones causing issues and now my phone's ram usage is completely different!

I thought evenwell was removed a couple of updates ago? Why is it still there? It clearly does no good.

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The main evenwell app was disabled months ago.  I do not see any issues on my 7.1. what apps are you seeing an issue with?
  • Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
    ✭✭  / 
    My Nokia 7.1 has always been terrible with ram management (I couldn't hold more than one or two small apps in ram). Recently I've been monitoring running and background apps via the developer settings and it was definitely killing background apps way to aggressively.

Looked through my system apps and I found heaps of evenwell apps! Followed another posts instructions to disable the ones causing issues and now my phone's ram usage is completely different!

I thought evenwell was removed a couple of updates ago? Why is it still there? It clearly does no good.
    Not all the evenwell packages, the only packages which are of power saving one like this com.evenwell.powersaving.g3 which are removed permanently. You can check again if there's any powersaving package.
  • Caillean Byrne Caillean Byrne
    ✭✭  / 
    @Sanjayparsi I was not aware not all evenwell apps are power saving but is this the one you are talking about?
    ✭✭  / 
    @Sanjayparsi I was not aware not all evenwell apps are power saving but is this the one you are talking about?
    Which device are you using currently & can I know the Android version. 
  • Caillean Byrne Caillean Byrne
    ✭✭  / 
    @Sanjayparsi Nokia 7.1, Android 9, security patch 1 October
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The app com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.  has been disabled that was casing background apps to closed this one does not effect this.  Not sure what you are looking at to think something is closing your background apps.
    ✭✭  / 
    I think they are just disabled and on Android 10 they are permanently removed as my mobile is on Android 10 I checked through all my apps I couldn't find any powersaving one. You can go through this site for more information.  https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia