Big size update for nokia 3

My Nokia 3 phone (India TA-1032) is downloading 438mb update with UI and system improvement along with july 2018 security update.

Big size update for nokia 3

sammy sammy
✭✭✭  /  edited July 24
My Nokia 3 phone (India TA-1032) is downloading 438mb update with UI and system improvement along with july 2018 security update.

Comments

• it's 8.1?
  • I don't see any new... This is not 8.1 the system information show 8.0.0
  • Always Android 8.0 see the screeshot

• user1528669282641 user1528669282641
     /  edited July 24
    do you have screenshots ?
  • It fixed your Volte Issues as so many users reported HMD Nokia about Voice over Long Term Evolution Network not working for there Airtel , Vodafone , Idea & all other networks.
    Try *#*#4636#*#* then click phone information & there you can see now VOLTE option is by default not hidden.

• Manish Aggarwal Manish Aggarwal
     /  edited July 24

we expect 8.1 with next security update for Nokia3.
    August 2018 .

• sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 24
    There was problem with update. Storage got corrupted. Did not update my phone. I had to factory reset my phone.
  •  yes we have to factory reset before the update is applied. i agree with you too.

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hopefully Manish
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I had to factory reset my phone for last 2 updates with ui and stability enhancement. The issue is with sdcard which I have configured as a part of internal storage. During update, when phone restarts the Android system in unable to detect the sdcard. The only option is to factory reset phone and reformat my phone.
  • badger810 badger810
     /  edited July 24

Sammy, I have a TA-1020 in the UK and also have my SD Card configured as internal storage but haven't had any issues when updating the June or July patch on Oreo 8.0, e.g. no factory resets. Is the TA-1032 much different to the TA-1020?

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 3 (TA1020) comes for western countries & (TA1032) comes for eastern countries, theirs isn't any much more difference in both are same
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't know the difference between TA1020 and TA1032.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Other user in India are also reporting factory reset problem like me.
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 24
    We need more space for update the phones software, already our Nokia 3 used 75% of ram approximately 1500 mb of ram used by system alps, if we installed other apps like WhatsApp Instagram Twitter Facebook etc it uses approximately 1800 to 1900 mb, then how we can software update without managing free space , then we have only way that factory reset & update the phone
  • Ali Ali
     / 
    I didn't receive update in Pakistan
  • badger810 badger810
     /  edited July 24

Hi Sammy, I don't know if others using the TA-1020 have the same issue as you or maybe it is just the TA-1032 having the problems, but as I said earlier, I have had no issues on last couple of updates since mine was upgraded to Oreo 8.0. I hope you manage to get it sorted.

• notiz notiz
    ✭✭  /  edited July 25
    @ Appu Mali TA1020 and TA1032 are global and/or Asian Pacific releases and TA1028 and TA1038 are Latin America releases. Only difference are 1020/1028 is single-sim and 1032/1038 is dual-sim..
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 25
    Use apps like Facebook and messenger lite. It will free lot of RAM. You can also use YouTube Go app.