Minor things to fix in next update

I recently bought Nokia 7.2, fantastic phone! . . Here are some things either missed or are quite buggy.

Minor things to fix in next update

I recently bought Nokia 7.2, fantastic phone!
Here are some things either missed or are quite buggy.

1. Face unlock is slow, it takes atleast 2 seconds to get unlock.
2. When the phone is waked up by pressing the power button, the phone tries to look for a face which is expected, but when it not found any, it  goes on for asking pin to get unlocked and face unlock is disabled till I let the phone sleep by pressing power button. This is quite irritating when I just to want to check the phone's battery percentage or any new notification, where unlocking of phone is not expected, nor my face is in front of the phone, like when it's on charging. What I want is, don't disable the face unlock in the way it's getting now. The maximum attempts to unlock the phone with face should be counted by number of face being faced by the phone. For example, there are 3 person, "A", "B" and "C". Face of "B" is enrolled in the phone, others dont have their. If maximum attempts is say 2 and "A" is trying to unlock the phone, then no matter how many times he trys to unlock the phone by face unlock, the attempt count should remain 1, as only he is trying to unlock it, when the next face say "C" is trying to unlock the face in the same session, then the attempt count should increase by one and become 2 and the same should further go on for the current session. If, maximum attempts crosses by going this way, the face unlock should be disabled for that vary session.

Note: with session, I meant the duration for which the screen remains on in lockscreen.

3. "Lift to check phone" feature that I found in my Mom's Nokia 8.1 and in my aunt's Nokia 7.1 is missing from my Nokia 7.2, please add it, it's very useful feature.

Some things about camera that are missing from all the new Nokia Android phones.
1. Pausing a recording of video.
2. A Pro mode for video recording with atleast possible settings like, exposure, focus and white balance.
3. The camera preview in the viewfinder of the Live bokeh mode, as I saw in Nokia 8.1, shows that devices are capable of taking video in bokeh mode, so why not to add live bokeh video recording in camera app?

I'm very happy and satisfied with my new Nokia and Hope that I'll get even happier in future with my Nokia device, as it will keep getting better! :smile: 

Comments

• I found that there's no voice recorder app in my phone. Ofcourse, I can get one from store, but Audio Recorder app from Hmd global with ozo support would be great.
  • Korhola Korhola
    ✭✭  / 
    I also find the face ID very irritating as I listen a lot of music on my phone and when I go to switch music, the face ID fails and popups the pin code. And when the face ID detects my face it jumps to home screen, which also prevents from switching music quickly. If the face ID would be instant this would not be so bad, but because it takes 2 seconds it is just the time that I'm just about to press the next song button and it disappears under my finger.

My back button also only works half the time. Almost every other press the back button just vibrates, but nothing happens. Feels very unresponsive.

Also the screen freezing makes the OS feel like something from Android OS in 2012. (When logging in the screen is unresponsive. Sometimes I reopen the phone 3 times and it finally works again.)

Also I like would like to have the dedicated menu button back next to home button. Very awkward to try to swipe from the bottom on a phone this big.

PS. I tried to write this on the "my phone" app, but could not as the app almost always opened image folder when trying to type to this box. And when you return from the folder, or switch app or anything the app returns to the thread home screen, which is annoying to navigate back to the thing you were writing.
  • Korhola said:
    I also find the face ID very irritating as I listen a lot of music on my phone and when I go to switch music, the face ID fails and popups the pin code. And when the face ID detects my face it jumps to home screen, which also prevents from switching music quickly. If the face ID would be instant this would not be so bad, but because it takes 2 seconds it is just the time that I'm just about to press the next song button and it disappears under my finger.

My back button also only works half the time. Almost every other press the back button just vibrates, but nothing happens. Feels very unresponsive.

Also the screen freezing makes the OS feel like something from Android OS in 2012. (When logging in the screen is unresponsive. Sometimes I reopen the phone 3 times and it finally works again.)

Also I like would like to have the dedicated menu button back next to home button. Very awkward to try to swipe from the bottom on a phone this big.

PS. I tried to write this on the "my phone" app, but could not as the app almost always opened image folder when trying to type to this box. And when you return from the folder, or switch app or anything the app returns to the thread home screen, which is annoying to navigate back to the thing you were writing.
    have you installed the update? I had got an update when I got my phone, I had installed it. I am not facing any issues like that back button, screen freezing, etc.
  • Korhola Korhola
    ✭✭  / 
    Korhola said:

have you installed the update? I had got an update when I got my phone, I had installed it. I am not facing any issues like that back button, screen freezing, etc.
    I have installed the latest version available at the settings.