Charging issue in Nokia 8.1 after android 10 update

My device takes almost 3 hours from 20 percent to 100 percent.I have noticed that this problem is happened after android 10 update.earliar it takes maximum1hrs  30 minutes.

Charging issue in Nokia 8.1 after android 10 update

My device takes almost 3 hours from 20 percent to 100 percent.I have noticed that this problem is happened after android 10 update.earliar it takes maximum1hrs  30 minutes. Is this due to bug or something else..  How to resolve the issue???

Comments

• I also have this issue. It takes 3 hours to charge with everything turned off. Airplane mode on and screen off. 
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Seriously , for me the fast charging is working just fine. The phone gets charged faster than expected after Android 10

• Sahel Ghosh Sahel Ghosh
    ✭✭  / 

My device nokia 8.1 is too takin 3 hours to charge after android 10 update, the rapid charging and fast charging option almost gone. Only if i switch off my device and charge it is charging a slight faster.

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2019

Nokia Phones are meant to fast charge only when display is turned off and phone is idle. This is to ensure minimal damage to phone and battery.

• [{"insert":"There is another problem with my Nokia 8.1. It doesn't show correct time. The clock gradually loses time and become slow. I have put Auto Update off and manually adjusted time. Let me see what happens. What's the experience of others ?\n"}]
  • [{"insert":"\n"}]
  • stunts stunts
    ✭✭  / 

i have also the same problem my nokia 8.1 takes 2.3hour to charge from 2% to 100%... hey nokia what you are doing solve my problem . i was visited service center they downgrade the phone and phone works fine but after updating the phone itss takes too my carge time.. i didnt upgrade my phone but its automatically upgarde to android 10

• Krisnexter Krisnexter
    ✭✭  / 

It's a bug that some of the phones are facing after the march build update..

Hope nokia will resolve this issue in future updates...

Besides I also have this issue.

• guruaravind guruaravind
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing the same problem even display is off and in airplane mode,is there any solution?

• Krisnexter Krisnexter
    ✭✭  / 

We have to wait for nokia to solve...

• user1531913219232 user1531913219232
    ✭✭  / 

Hi Nokia Team,

Even I'm facing the same issue as mentioned above. Either screen is off or on the charging time will be approx 3 hrs. This issue started when upgraded with Android 10 & even I have updated security patch for but nothing is working out.

Hi Nokia Firmware & Software team please fix this issue ASAP.

• guruaravind guruaravind
    ✭✭  / 

This problem is due to hardware(charging port issue) or software (March update)? Can anyone tell

• Krisnexter Krisnexter
    ✭✭  /  edited June 21

I think it's software issue...sometimes my phone's charging good. It takes 2 hrs to full charge.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

If the phone is used at all during charging it will.slow down the rate of charging. Install a battery monitor like gsam battery monitor it will show graphs of charge rate temp and signal so you can see how the phone is performing during charging without disturbing it .

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Putting the phone in to airplane mode has very little impact on charging speeds anyway, i would not even bother doing it.

• Kachave Kachave
    ✭✭  / 

I also faced the same problem in summer. But as the summer is gone and monsoon has come and the temperature has lowered, my phone is fast charging again! I think it is related to temperatures around.