Prevention Of Similar Topics and Threads

@Franziska @HMDLaura Hello Mam, I think in our community we need one filter prevention function for making new thread in which if new topics is similar one which already present in community in particular model then it's to be prevent to create again atleast for some duration.

Prevention Of Similar Topics and Threads

nitin kachare nitin kachare
✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 22
@Franziska @HMDLaura
Hello Mam, I think in our community we need one filter prevention function for making new thread in which if new topics is similar one which already present in community in particular model then it's to be prevent to create again atleast for some duration.
I have seen most of topics are created again and again with same kind of topics recently as well as old which makes difficult to answer each and every same topics discussion.
Either Each One merge with them or Before Posting new topics give suggestions i.e.already similar content topics in particular area so community member can't post similar thread again.
@madbilly @wilson shrestha what do you think let me know in this discussion.

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I think this is a great suggestion! In fact I think that most new threads should be moderated before they can be created, to check there isn't an existing thread on the topic (for that specific phone model, or generally).
    The old forum software Freshdesk actually used to have this feature, so it's very disappointing that moving to the new software did not preserve that feature (and many others). I would describe the move from Freshdesk to Vanilla as a "sidegrade"... it's not particularly better, but it is significantly different.
    Cheers :smiley:
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Microsoft Answers mobile devices had lots of volunteer 'junior moderators' spend endless hours moving and merging posts into proper sub-forums and existing topics.

It did not help to avoid double and triple postings by inexperienced users (and trolls) all over the place.

- I'm not sure why users post their questions regarding phones into this Forum and Website feedback board, but I bluntly ignore it, also when it's interesting and something I claim to know about - it's an old habit that still works for me since unmoderated usenet newsgroups 20 years ago.

The best solution back then was to have experienced users create enough on-topic posts, and keep existing threads going.

I don't want HMD to spend more resources on something that even Google can't resolve in their forum.

Hans

• nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 14

Actually, some off us directly informed to HMD team and Juho regarding this in the time of the Dubai launch event. But there were no updates till now. 😑